British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Ok so now some are saying Brandon Estates are paying Mich Horton to run NL speedway at Leicester so they can build houses at Brandon?

What a load of guff. Wheres the proof of this and why on earth would Brandon Estates want to pay Mick Horton any money? They dont have any need to! They have booted out the speedway, have the keys to the locks and have bolted the gates. Why waste money on something they are not interested in?

A ridiculous conspiracy theory, for the loonies.

They were going to sponsor the club to run at Brandon, if we ran at Brandon in 2017 it would've been added onto the local plan. That was the deal. If you can't see how us riding in the NL at Leicester could help Brandon Estates getting what they want then there is really no point in you adding to the thread but I can't believe you are at the level of Starman. Where's Horton getting the money from? Edited by woz01
  • Like 5

They were going to sponsor the club to run at Brandon, if we ran at Brandon in 2017 it would've been added onto the local plan. That was the deal. If you can't see how us riding in the NL at Leicester could help Brandon Estates getting what they want then there is really no point in you adding to the thread but I can't believe you are at the level of Starman. Where's Horton getting the money from?

Where's Horton getting the money from?

From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesn’t cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people. The conspiracy theory of Brandon Estates sponsoring Coventry at Leicester is straight out of cloud cuckoo land. There really is no reason for BE to spend a penny.

Think this jackanory story is being spread by very sad people who want to see Coventry become completely extinct.

From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesnt cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people. The conspiracy theory of Brandon Estates sponsoring Coventry at Leicester is straight out of cloud cuckoo land. There really is no reason for BE to spend a penny.

Think this jackanory story is being spread by very sad people who want to see Coventry become completely extinct.

I wish it was Steve, I wish it was.

• Like 1

Steve Shovlar..............
From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesn’t cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people.

If it's that easy why didn't the Storm finish their matches last year when Mick Horton was in charge?

From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesnt cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people. The conspiracy theory of Brandon Estates sponsoring Coventry at Leicester is straight out of cloud cuckoo land. There really is no reason for BE to spend a penny.

Its more Panorama than Jackanory.

If a team runs out of Leicester it will help relieve Brandon Estates of their requirement to build a new stadium if (or when)houses are on Brandon.

They will argue that a Coventry Speedway team is already operating so no obligation to fund a new stadium.

Hortons remarks are in line with Brandon Estates comments about the viability of speedway at Brandon very conveniently not mentioning the stock cars which have always run side by side with the Speedway.

If this is such a good idea ,of a Bees team riding NL at Leicester ,Why has it been met with complete silence by the Save Coventry campaign group.

Equally it has been met with complete disdain by the people who have kept up with the whole sorry mess,

Us suffering Coventry Bees fans.

Edited by naffer
  • Like 4

Not going to work out well moving to Leicester.

Who would want to travel down to Leicester of all places on a cold night to watch NL speedway. I would rather stay at home and watch Coronation Street & EastEnders.

Should pack it in now and call it day and accept the fact that Coventry are no more.

Meetings will be on Sunday afternoons.

Coventry Observer are currently doing a poll. Will you travel to support Coventry Bees at Leicester speedway if the club were to run in the National League: Yes 44 No 161

Edited by woz01

Meetings will be on Sunday afternoons.

Coventry Observer are currently doing a poll. Will you travel to support Coventry Bees at Leicester speedway if the club were to run in the National League: Yes 44 No 161

Fair enough. Might work then.

Not if the figures in the above Post are anything to go by. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think most understand what Horton is up to, with the exception of Shovlar of course..

50 yes

216 no

at 21.40 hrs

Gone up a bit now.

59 ~ Yes...........246 ~ No. At 01.38 am.

Seems to me reading this that Coventry speedways time is completely up. Even the fans on here seem to want the team to fail.

Some of us realised this in 2010!

• Like 2