British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Yes its nice of him to turn up and fill us in on something irrelevant. wheres he been all these weeks ?

Spot on, I'm sure everyone would like to hear some honest answers why he and his fellow promoter failed to get a team on track at brandon this year.

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 4

Spot on, I'm sure everyone would like to hear some honest answers why he and his fellow promoter failed to get a team on track at brandon this year.

I think we already know don't we? Hard to get a team on a track devoid of any fencing, lights, shale and electrics. Perhaps it might be better directing this question at Avtar Sandhu.

• Like 7

I think we already know don't we? Hard to get a team on a track devoid of any fencing, lights, shale and electrics. Perhaps it might be better directing this question at Avtar Sandhu.

But it wasn't always in that condition was it? We were told many times that Mick Horton had a deal in place to lease the stadium, indeed we were also told that the stadium owners were prepared to sponsor him by way of a reduction in his rent.

It was always obvious that in order for the stadium to operate it would be necessary for a deal to be struck with the stox,and we were told several times that meetings had taken place , deals were agreed and then reneged upon.

IMO he was never going to be able to run that stadium, the costs were just too great for him, if you remember he was one of the promoters who attended the last BSPA agm demanding a cut in costs because he couldn't afford to run his team.Not the words one would expect to hear from someone who allegedly was about to take on the lease of a very expensive stadium.

The bottom line is that he was the owner of the speedway club and had responsibilities to his fan base to give them an explanation. All we heard was that he had lost 200k and was angry, also he was standing down so that others could take up the fight to save the club.

He might have lost some money but the supporters of the bees have lost so much more.

• Like 4

There was never going to be a deal with Stox that Sandhu runs. For whatever reason Brandon Estates won't let Sandhu near the place, probably the reason he didn't extend the lease he had. Still wondering where that 10 year lease went. Let's hope Brandon Estates either sell or are willing to talk with different parties for 2018.

Edited by woz01

There was never going to be a deal with Stox that Sandhu runs. For whatever reason Brandon Estates won't let Sandhu near the place, probably the reason he didn't extend the lease he had. Still wondering where that 10 year lease went. Let's hope Brandon Estates either sell or are willing to talk with different parties for 2018.

If that's the case, then why can't we be told ?

After all Horton is out of speedway now isn't he , so no fears about upsetting the establishment.

Unless of course he has plans to re -appear somewhere else and do his usual job on yet another club.

After all Horton is out of speedway now isn't he , so no fears about upsetting the establishment.

Unless of course he has plans to re -appear somewhere else and do his usual job on yet another club.

I suppose that isn't beyond the bounds of possibility either.

I dont know but i guess there could be confidentiality agreements in place which is why we've heard nothing off any of them apart from Hortons statement regarding Bees being pulled out.

It's Brandon Estates that need to answer that question. Why won't they let Sandhu operate at Brandon? Stox not running either remember.

Maybe because he destroyed there stadium.

If sandhu hadn't destroyed Brandon then the bees maybe racing this season maybe under a different promoter if the bspa had acted earlier to remove horton.

• Like 1

If sandhu hadn't destroyed Brandon then the bees maybe racing this season maybe under a different promoter if the bspa had acted earlier to remove horton.

Brandon Estates not wanting Sandhu operating at Brandon came before that. Why do you think Sandhu didn't get an extension on the lease he had? I always found that strange and even more so when it was announced he was willing to still pay all the bills. Bees cannot run at the stadium without Stox too. Unless of course there is someone with tonnes of cash. Edited by woz01

The BSPA have not 'removed' Mick from Coventry - he remains the Club owner although the Bees are unable to race in 2017.

• Like 2

The BSPA have not 'removed' Mick from Coventry - he remains the Club owner although the Bees are unable to race in 2017.

He cannot run a team without a promoters licence which it seems he doesn't have anymore,

You also say the bees are unable to race in 2017 what makes you think they will race in 2018 ?

Edited by rocketman77

not a lot of good to him though is it Neil if someone else bought the stadium they could run another team under another name ie. Brandon speedway club
  • Like 1

not a lot of good to him though is it Neil if someone else bought the stadium they could run another team under another name ie. Brandon speedway club

IF there was a need to change the name it would have to be something that the wider community can get behind. Warwickshire Bees? Coventry Jaguars? Personally think it would be a mistake to change the name unless there was no other choice.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

IF there was a need to change the name it would have to be something that the wider community can get behind. Warwickshire Bees? Coventry Jaguars? Personally think it would be a mistake to change the name unless there was no other choice.

Unless you bought the club name from Mr Horton you would have to change the name I would think Rugby Hornets anyone sorry Woz01 I had to get that in after all it is in Rugby borough
  • Like 1