British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Should we be happy about our stadium closing and no more speedway then?? I remember Birmingham fans moaning when they were in trouble and rightfully so.

As for your suggestion of watching Birmingham I have when they were at Brandon this year. I think it's good that riders have a league like NL to develop in but it's nothing like watching EL or even PL. Racing is no where near as good.

nobody has said it is closing not from what I have heard

Is someone going to let us in to the secret. Is it over for the Bees?

Cov observer journalist (and Bees fan) has said his source suggests more bad news which puts the future of the club in doubt. I'm almost at the point of please just tell us one way or another, us fans don't deserve this constant worry of whether we are running or not.

• Like 1

So what the hell is going on?

Why hasn't Horton come out and crushed the rumours?

What are the rumours?

No cryptic clues please just what has been heard. If there is silence from the promotion it only means bad news.

The Coventry fans deserve better than this.

• Like 1

That Coventry Observer journalist (and Bees fan) has published an article this morning about Kacper Woryna and how he is hoping for a 2017 contract....

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport/polish-star-kacper-woryna-hoping-secure-new-coventry-bees-deal/

So what the hell is going on?

Why hasn't Horton come out and crushed the rumours?

What are the rumours?

No cryptic clues please just what has been heard. If there is silence from the promotion it only means bad news.

The Coventry fans deserve better than this.

Who knows, perhaps he can't for now or perhaps he's trying to sort it out or he's scared of telling us we are finished. The thing is rumours will continue until we get a statement.

Cheers for that. Robin works for the club so you'd think he'd know (a bit more than us) what's going on. A little bit more reassuring that this article is talking about 2017.

Edited by woz01

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3763

COVENTRY Speedway are pleased to confirm positive talks have been held with regards to future motorsport at Brandon.

Bees owner Mick Horton met with Coventry Racing Club chief Avtar Sandhu this week to reach agreement on the way forward for both speedway and stock car racing at the stadium next year.

As previously reported, the sale of the stadium and the new lease arrangements will lead to certain operational changes, but there is a common desire to make matters work for all concerned – with the ultimate aim of securing a new stadium for both sports.

Horton said: “It’s good news for everyone. Sandhu and I have spoken in detail over arrangements for 2017, and we’ve come to an agreement.

“We both agree that we need to work together, for both speedway and stock car fans, and our goal over the next three years is to work towards a new home. With the support of Rugby Borough Council, that’s our objective.

“I want to hold some kind of Forum in the near future to outline my plans, but the good news is that both ourselves and Coventry Racing Club are happy to work together, and arrangements have been made that suit both parties.

“We can now look at this as a joint venture, a partnership, which will enable us all to go forward, and there’s a real desire to make it work. It’s no good for speedway and no good for stox for us to fall out. If that happens, there’s no future.

“The lease will remain with Coventry Speedway, we have a working arrangement with Coventry Racing Club, and I’d like to add my personal thanks to them.

“It was also obvious from talking to Sandhu that he still has deep affection for the Bees, and he’s desperate to see Coventry get back to the top.”

Speedway resumes at Brandon next Saturday (October 8) with the prestigious Elite League Riders’ Championship, and the club are also working on dates for their remaining National League fixtures against Stoke and Rye House.

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3763

COVENTRY Speedway are pleased to confirm positive talks have been held with regards to future motorsport at Brandon.

Bees owner Mick Horton met with Coventry Racing Club chief Avtar Sandhu this week to reach agreement on the way forward for both speedway and stock car racing at the stadium next year.

As previously reported, the sale of the stadium and the new lease arrangements will lead to certain operational changes, but there is a common desire to make matters work for all concerned with the ultimate aim of securing a new stadium for both sports.

Horton said: Its good news for everyone. Sandhu and I have spoken in detail over arrangements for 2017, and weve come to an agreement.

We both agree that we need to work together, for both speedway and stock car fans, and our goal over the next three years is to work towards a new home. With the support of Rugby Borough Council, thats our objective.

I want to hold some kind of Forum in the near future to outline my plans, but the good news is that both ourselves and Coventry Racing Club are happy to work together, and arrangements have been made that suit both parties.

We can now look at this as a joint venture, a partnership, which will enable us all to go forward, and theres a real desire to make it work. Its no good for speedway and no good for stox for us to fall out. If that happens, theres no future.

The lease will remain with Coventry Speedway, we have a working arrangement with Coventry Racing Club, and Id like to add my personal thanks to them.

It was also obvious from talking to Sandhu that he still has deep affection for the Bees, and hes desperate to see Coventry get back to the top.

Speedway resumes at Brandon next Saturday (October 8) with the prestigious Elite League Riders Championship, and the club are also working on dates for their remaining National League fixtures against Stoke and Rye House.

Superb news that they now agree a common goal. The anti Horton people making up stories that he has done a runner to suit their agenda should be ashamed on themselves. We move on to 2017! Up The Bees

Superb news that they now agree a common goal. The anti Horton people making up stories that he has done a runner to suit their agenda should be ashamed on themselves. We move on to 2017! Up The Bees

Well said. It's good to hear something positive after all the rumours over the last couple of weeks.

Let's hope 2017 is a better one with a stronger team. Going to need a good team as the crowd might be affected with no Harris