British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

lisa-colette, on 21 Feb 2017 - 5:58 PM, said:

And don't forget you're not allowed to repeat it on here, it's a secret! ;)

I am sure the usual Coventry supporters confidentiality will remain intact & you can only admire them for that .....But I would seriously expect that a press release of some sort from Mr Horton would be available the following day ..Wouldn't you ?

• Like 1

I am sure the usual Coventry supporters confidentiality will remain intact & you can only admire them for that .....But I would seriously expect that a press release of some sort from Mr Horton would be available the following day ..Wouldn't you ?

You would, but this is Horton we are talking about so who knows what he is thinking! ;)

Behave ; ) This is very different to encouraging and allowing guests to speak candidly. I can't speak for others but I'll do my best to report Mr Horton's comments/statements as accurately and as soon as possible.

Please note that we are concerned about the size of the room (capacity approx 120 with about 80 seats). We will do all we can to accommodate everybody. We'll talk to Jim Lynch first (our original guest) have a break and then open the floor to questions for Mick Horton. Everybody welcome with a charge of £3 for non-members which goes to help Neil Vatcher's Young Lions.

Edited by oleoleole
  • Like 3

Fair play to the bloke for having the balls to attend .. All you Bees fans on here negative or positive get your arses down there & find out the truth .. What an opportunity for you . !!! No excuses , he's there , talk to him . !

One question which might be put to him is to explain the following in the section on the website regarding half season tickets:

Due to the uncertainty over how many meetings will be staged at VARIOUS VENUES, the club have taken the decision to offer a Half Season Ticket to cover the first eight Premiership ‘home’ fixtures . . .

What does "various venues" mean? It could be construed as being MORE THAN JUST Leicester and Brandon! Will Bees need to seek another venue as well as Leicester if Brandon is not available?

What does "various venues" mean? It could be construed as being MORE THAN JUST Leicester and Brandon! Will Bees need to seek another venue as well as Leicester if Brandon is not available?

Could this be the dawn of the Brandon Globetrotters?

Edited by uk martin

One question which might be put to him is to explain the following in the section on the website regarding half season tickets:

Due to the uncertainty over how many meetings will be staged at VARIOUS VENUES, the club have taken the decision to offer a Half Season Ticket to cover the first eight Premiership ‘home’ fixtures . . .

the Leicester deal is only short term . so maybe the last part of Bees last season will be played out at Peterborough

That is quite possibly how Coventry will limp through the season - at Leicester and then Peterborough before sadly fading from the scene altogether. Which is what the person who authorised the Brandon destruction wanted all along. Once major items such as the lights went , what hope was there.

the Leicester deal is only short term . so maybe the last part of Bees last season will be played out at Peterborough

We don't want anything to do with Horton at Peterborough, been there done that and had to pick up the pieces manually and financially . Anyway how many Bees supporters would travel as I couldn't see many Panthers fans going to swell the crowd for anything that involves Horton as he's not welcome at Peterborough.

We don't want anything to do with Horton at Peterborough, been there done that and had to pick up the pieces manually and financially . Anyway how many Bees supporters would travel as I couldn't see many Panthers fans going to swell the crowd for anything that involves Horton as he's not welcome at Peterborough.

Well, I've seen him there often enough so how does he get in?

Would you care to explain what happened when he was involved last time with Peterborough because from what I can understand they were on the verge of closing down before he took over? In hindsight Tuesday night racing was a big mistake and he must have lost loads of money keeping going to the end of the season.

• Like 3

I would be happy to report on proceedings.

Unfortunately my wife is working which leaves me without transport. Anyone going from the Rugby area?

I have been a regular at Brandon since Peterborough dropped down from the EL!

• Like 1

I agree with the post that Coventry may ''limp out of the season'' but after Brandon Stadium Peterborough is my favourite track and I will support them limping out of there despite my sadness.