British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Supporters can choose. No one complains when other riders had a testimonial then other meetings are arranged on the same date. It happens, it's always happened. On the day of Chris Harris testimonial, Scunthorpe had a meeting no one said they shouldn't run a meeting because it clashed.

It's not a testimonial, it's a farewell meeting - a very well deseved one. In my opinion testimonials are given too freely, I recall it used to be a reward for 10 years service for the same club. The clash of meetings early in the season could have been avoided - thus not necessary for supporters having to choose.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

It's not a testimonial, it's a farewell meeting - a very well deseved one. In my opinion testimonials are given to freely, I recall it used to be a reward for 10 years service for the same club. The clash of meetings early in the season could have been avoided - thus not necessary for supporters having to choose.

So let's stop giving fans who were never going to go to PK farewell a chance to attend a meeting elsewhere. It's not like the track are close either, must be near 100 miles apart. PK farewell will attract a big crowd anyway and rightly so, I don't think that a track 100 miles away running a meeting will have an effect.

• Like 6

........False dawn....... Oh well. You can't have everything, eh?

See you at Peterborough then. :lol:

So let's stop giving fans who were never going to go to PK farewell a chance to attend a meeting elsewhere. It's not like the track are close either, must be near 100 miles apart. PK farewell will attract a big crowd anyway and rightly so, I don't think that a track 100 miles away running a meeting will have an effect.

We will agree to disagree. I think you would be surprised how many would attend both. That 100 miles is all motorway and PK will not be riding on his own.

and Sunday is race day for Peterborough

• Like 1

Typical name calling, you never fail.

So you have failed to say if Wolves Golden Boy will return for his ex team mate big day.

there is a very good chance that he will , not from any sense of loyalty to either the club fans or PK though ,But because Poland wont have started by then so as a selfless act which he is famed for, he will come and grab whatever is on offer and test his bikes out at the same time .

• Like 1

there is a very good chance that he will , not from any sense of loyalty to either the club fans or PK though ,But because Poland wont have started by then so as a selfless act which he is famed for, he will come and grab whatever is on offer and test his bikes out at the same time .

If it suits his schedule he will. Ditto any of the big names who come here when it suits them for their own reasons.

If it suits his schedule he will. Ditto any of the big names who come here when it suits them for their own reasons.

The other "Big names" owe British speedway and it's supporters nothing . apart from the fake Hancock , Woffinden does !!

The other "Big names" owe British speedway and it's supporters nothing . apart from the fake Hancock , Woffinden does !!

On the flip side Woffinden received no support from the BSPA either.

If one is wrong then both are.

Anyway, not wishing to open this can of worms again as the usual suspects will use it as yet another excuse to bash Woffy so let's leave it there.

On the flip side Woffinden received no support from the BSPA either.

If one is wrong then both are.

Anyway, not wishing to open this can of worms again as the usual suspects will use it as yet another excuse to bash Woffy so let's leave it there.

Do you mean that Wolfy didn't get the financial support he wanted from the BSPA or the testimonial he clearly thought they would give him,sadly he blew it.

Greg off a bike is another embarrassment and the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

• Like 1

Do you mean that Wolfy didn't get the financial support he wanted from the BSPA or the testimonial he clearly thought they would give him,sadly he blew it.

Greg off a bike is another embarrassment and the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

No I'm referring in part to the ridiculous British semi final farce. If you want your British and world champion to take part ensure you either A:make it easier for him to make the semi date or B:seed him to the final.

It's not difficult.

Either way I'm not getting into another discussion with you about our best British rider to give you more chance to continue your 'I hate Woffy' campaign.

As it's a Coventry thread let's not get into any further debates as it's wasted air.

any news on when we expect to be back at Brandon?

or has that gone quite, now people are "happy" with Leicester?

Do you think we'll get back there then?

hey Philfromcov - great post - but you will be chastised big time for questioning such a thing.

Why? I don't suppose the promoters know yet or even if we ever will get back again. Try sending an email to Brandon Estates or Avtar Sandhu as I bet they know.

''Happy?'' -- Errr I think relieved or grateful would be a better choice of words.

Grateful for what exactly?

all winter we have been in limbo and your grateful for a solution that could have been put together in five minuets back in October!

we have no long term solution, just a bodge so the SKY money can keep coming in.

this is why i'm asking about the stadium.

the protests have all gone quite, but now is the time to get more vocal.

lets not kid ourselves we dont have a club/team anymore, unless we have our own stadium, calling them beaumont bees (someone posted this) is not helpful.

unless we get a time scale to get back into the stadium then this is quite obviously the last year, even if we make it to the end of the season!

how many bees fans normally go to Leicester away? id say about 300 (yes i am one) which is what will happen after March, more importantly IF we dont have a return date,

you can see the whats happens Cradley limping from year to year, we need to br loud and vocal about getting back and not pretending all is well

• Like 4

Grateful for what exactly?

all winter we have been in limbo and your grateful for a solution that could have been put together in five minuets back in October!

we have no long term solution, just a bodge so the SKY money can keep coming in.

this is why i'm asking about the stadium.

the protests have all gone quite, but now is the time to get more vocal.

lets not kid ourselves we dont have a club/team anymore, unless we have our own stadium, calling them beaumont bees (someone posted this) is not helpful.

unless we get a time scale to get back into the stadium then this is quite obviously the last year, even if we make it to the end of the season!

how many bees fans normally go to Leicester away? id say about 300 (yes i am one) which is what will happen after March, more importantly IF we dont have a return date,

you can see the whats happens Cradley limping from year to year, we need to br loud and vocal about getting back and not pretending all is well

Who would plough a lot of money into making Brandon fit to use again when the future of the stadium is bleak ?

I hope the bees return to Brandon but I just can't see it happening sadly.

Oh I couldn't agree more can't stand the fake individual.

• Like 2

how is greg fake? he does what all riders do that is look after his own the best he can...all the top riders go where the best deal is nowadays , little loyalty in speedway now

remember ford saying holder/ward would be at poole until they retire.... what happens ward comes back ford doesnt want him or doesnt want to make changes so he goes on loan to swindon, same with holder going on loan to kings lynn

loyalty works both ways from promoters and riders , its cuthroat sometimes and greg no different , promoters are ruthless , so are the top riders