British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

If they'd "taken a sabbatical" it would probably have equalled a death sentence.

What they're probably getting is use of Leicester at a low rent but I think it has got to be short term only with a planned return to Brandon date set out ASAP otherwise it will turn into another farce.

Why should Coventry get a cheap rental deal off Leicester , is shale , fence panels and air fence repair so much cheaper in Leicester that they can afford to rent out the stadium at bargain cut prices. If Coventry speedway want to rent the stadium then they should pay a fair price for it. The deal is being done to assist Coventry and Leicester are not a charity shop.

It's really just a shambles ,2 months away and nobody knows when anything will be agreed regarding returning the Stadium to a usable condition for speedway.Its a Bit of a con IMO .

I bet Leicester was agreed weeks ago..

• Like 2

So, the best plan for the "Bees" faithful to do, is keep an eye on what's happening at Brandon...

If, you see workmen, (workwoman are also available) pretty soon, you will know it's a temporary track share.. However, if f**k all is being done come March, you will at least know the score..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

I'd say 7.45/ 8.00 start time is a necessity on a Friday and I live the right side of Coventry to do the journey in 25 minutes if the M69 is clear.

The promotion have will have to show a lot of good will to make this work. Cheap entry, subsidised travel for those that don't have transport, cheap deals for Leicester season ticket holders.

Given that they still owe us season ticket holders from last season, I doubt they have it in them to make it work.

Yep I'm just off Ansty Road so I'm the right side too, usually takes 30 mins to get to Leicester. Coach travel can't be more than a fiver can it? I agree they need to get this spot on but it can be done.

Why should Coventry get a cheap rental deal off Leicester , is shale , fence panels and air fence repair so much cheaper in Leicester that they can afford to rent out the stadium at bargain cut prices. If Coventry speedway want to rent the stadium then they should pay a fair price for it. The deal is being done to assist Coventry and Leicester are not a charity shop.

That's for the stadium owner to decide.

I believe there is a car event at Brandon due on 18th March so I think that's the date they would ideally want it all sorted. Stox need 2 months notice for a change of venue so we will probably know by early February whether we will be at Brandon in April. Stox first meeting is scheduled for April 1st (ironically)

Edited by woz01

We'll all pull together, won't we? Well I wonder, reading some of the reaction to this latest announcement. Oh well, that aside. Let's assume Mick Horton is only in this for the money. With me, so far? Assuming that to be true, can we really think he is stringing us along by taking us Leicester? If there is a major run of support for this move, he can still surely expect a big drop in income through the turnstiles not to mention the cost of renting another stadium. You might not like him, but he ain't a fool. Certainly not when it comes to money. Accept this at face value. We have a team (God bless them for their patience). Go, if you can and keep the faith. Hell, I'm sounding like a supporter of the people involved. To them I say this. You are dealing with something bigger than a speedway club or a business from which to make money. Sometimes a club just will not die e,g, Leicester or Cradley who still persist despite everything.

Please. We have gone through a lot already, I know. I do know. 46 years on the Brandon terraces has an effect on a man (chilblains if nothing else). I want a future for our Bees if not for me but for those who come after me. If your hobby is politics, bugger off. This is a sporting thread.

• Like 4

What a disaster anyone who thinks this is good news needs to think again

First meeting maybe most will turn up

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Impossible to get a good view

Freezing

Realisation that this was the plan all along

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

• Like 3

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Freezing

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

Don't bother then, what's the alternative.

• Like 3

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Freezing

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

Crap track, yes - although Coventry isn't that much better.

The rest - facilities, viewing, cold, parking - are nonsense.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Freezing

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

Granted the track is hardly the best. But can't get a good view? No facilities? Eh?

So, the best plan for the "Bees" faithful to do, is keep an eye on what's happening at Brandon...

If, you see workmen, (workwoman are also available) pretty soon, you will know it's a temporary track share.. However, if f**k all is being done come March, you will at least know the score..

Does the same apply to Swindon Edited by Argos

It's really just a shambles ,2 months away and nobody knows when anything will be agreed regarding returning the Stadium to a usable condition for speedway.Its a Bit of a con IMO .

The statements put out today all say that going to Leicester will be short term so that Brandon is brought back to usable condition, though why it has been let to get into the state it is in now is another question. If by May or June say and the Bees are back home then all well and good though I think there will be further excuses made, further deadlines extended and Coventry will see out the season at Leicester which will almost certainly lead to another winter of uncertainty before the 2018 season.

• Like 1

That would be Horton then?

he didn't buy the stadium to sell so no.

How can you have Coventry riding at home at Beaumont park its a joke sorry I just don't think its right at all, I would of personally preferred Coventry to have perhaps taken a sabbatical and sorted there own affairs out.

why is it a joke? If every club took that view then the likes of Cradley would be not racing.

are you suggesting it's a poor idea that Cradley are still racing then?

No but his actions led to that action being taken. Only one man has saved the Bees - and he's not called Horton!

Only one man bought the stadium to sell it, and his name is not Horton.

• Like 2