British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Really pleased for ya.

But if you track share which I rekon will be all season and not just the beginning then it should be in different leagues.

When they meet Leicester will have a easy chance to get a 4 point away win. And visa versa when Coventry are away against Leicester.

But ignoring thag then we'll done bspa for sorting the mess out.

This should mean Leicester and belle vue can now start announcing riders

Think it will affect us in the way that the riders we signed were good at Brandon. Leicester is Sarjeant's worst track and Bates isn't great there.

I think they mistakenly thanked Sandhu for causing all the trouble in the first place , If he hadn't nicked all the fixtures from himself and vandalised the stadium , there would be no problem , everything was set to go .until he spat the dummy again .

They had a deal with mick agreed, then he withdrew it. Had it been signed, job done.

Forgot Mick has no history of falling out with anybody, his years at Coventry have been littered with PR disasters.

Has it really taken this long to think we can't start at Brandon... Where else can we go? It's not been rocket science and had all acted in an adult way some months back my winter may well have been a little more enjoyable.

Brandon estates are not mentioned in the statement so where do they stand? Either let Sandhu fix it or we don't go back. They can drag this on for months, more talks and Coventry are not Coventry until we get back into Brandon. Where do the stox go?

More questions than answers still.

Really pleased for ya.

But if you track share which I rekon will be all season and not just the beginning then it should be in different leagues.

When they meet Leicester will have a easy chance to get a 4 point away win. And visa versa when Coventry are away against Leicester.

But ignoring thag then we'll done bspa for sorting the mess out.

This should mean Leicester and belle vue can now start announcing riders

Two things, we haven't got a promoter yet, no deal has been announced.

What happens with the Colts deal?

So, an interesting announcement. I hope that the Bees don't waste this lifeline...because the press release doesn't say how long the lifeline is.

The season will start with the Bees riding in Leicester. Plenty of posts above indicate that Bees fans may not follow their team over there, so there has to be a question over the financial viability of this. So Bees fans, it's up to you. If the fans don't turn out and Horton loses a lot of money with every meeting, how long will he continue? Look at the cash-flow impact that the shenanigans at Belle Vue had to their promoters. They lost tens of thousands in lost attendance money in the first few weeks of the season, and never recovered from it.

And what if Sandhu etc (who the BSPA thanked very much) is in no hurry to fix the stadium up? Or what if he pulls out? No, wait a minute, he wouldn't do that would he?

Well, good luck to all concerned. Let's hope that things work out well.

• Like 4

A few thoughts after reading this.

So Sandhu and Horton have patched up their differences. So why isn't Sandhu, with immediate effect, making good the vandalism to Brandon his thugs did at the end of last year?

So Coventry will ride on Fridays. When are Leicester taking to the track? What about Leicester stadium usage? Does planning permission allow for double the amount of meetings should Coventry not be able to move back?

What about Dave Darcy? He was adamant that Coventry would not share with Leicester.

What about Brandon estates? Were they part of these intense nogotiations? No point in all these talks if they are going to turn around and say you had your chance we are now not prepared to give anyone a lease.

Clearly there's an awful lot to debate and lots more talking to be had.

But at least they are coming to tapes in 2017 so that in itself is good news, though you would struggle to believe it by the messages from Coventry fans so far posted.

Leicester is a 30 minute car journey. Its literally just up the road and motorway all the way. It couldn't be easier to get to from Brandon. Obviously coaches need to be laid on, free of charge, from Brandon to Leicester every race night. Then there is no excuse for fans to moan.

The news could have been far worse and I get the feeling some on here would have liked to have seen this as the end.

A couple of other thoughts. Perhaps Leicester season ticket holders can gain entry to Coventry meetings free of charge.

Perhaps as a thank you to Leicester, Horton can pay for half the track reshaping desperately needed.

Good news for fans, good news for Leicester with extra rent coming in. Now its time for Leicester to announce their team and race night, which I should imagine will be a Saturday night.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

I think they mistakenly thanked Sandhu for causing all the trouble in the first place , If he hadn't nicked all the fixtures from himself and vandalised the stadium , there would be no problem , everything was set to go .until he spat the dummy again .

Incredibly bizarre thanking the person responsible for the damage preventing the Bees from racing at home!

Anyway, great news the Bees are saved and efforts being made to get them back home. Less talking and more action required now.

The worse thing that could happen is that Bees fans don't get behind the team still.

I've just woken up after watching the boxing from last night and seen this news. I'm am delighted that we are running. It does sound to me that Sandhu is at the very least part funding this venture until Brandon can get back in a fit state. Also good news we seem to be keeping our 1-7, some rate it some don't. I'm just absolutely buzzing we have a chance to keep going. Hopefully they will do everything possible to help fans get there, putting on coaches etc. Up The Bees!!

• Like 5

Steve Shovlar, on 29 Jan 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

So Sandhu and Horton have patched up their differences. So why isn't Sandhu, with immediate effect, making good the vandalism to Brandon his thugs did at the end of last year?

So Coventry will ride on Fridays. When are Leicester taking to the track? What about Leicester stadium usage? Does planning permission allow for double the amount of meetings should Coventry not be able to move back?

What about Dave Darcy? He was adamant that Coventry would not share with Leicester.

What about Brandon estates? Were they part of these intense nogotiations? No point in all these talks if they are going to turn around and say you had your chance we are now not prepared to give anyone a lease.

But at least they are coming to tapes in 2017 so that in itself is good news, though you would struggle to believe it by the messages from Coventry fans so far posted.

Leicester is a 30 minute car journey. Its literally just up the road and motorway all the way. It couldn't be easier to get to from Brandon. Obviously coaches need to be laid on, free of charge, from Brandon to Leicester every race night. Then there is no excuse for fans to moan.

The news could have been far worse and I get the feeling some on here would have liked to have seen this as the end.

A couple of other faults. Perhaps Leicester season ticket holders can gain entry to Coventry meetings free of charge.

Perhaps as a thank you to Leicester, Horton can pay for half the track reshaping desperately needed.

Good news for fans, good news for Leicester with extra rent coming in. Now its time for Leicester to announce their team and race night, which I should imagine will be a Saturday night.

As a businessman in sure Mr Sandhu will soon put the stadium right .. I have seen Stock Car Meetings at Brandon & I am not lying they get over 5000 attend . If the dates for 10 meetings have been announced , that's 5000 x £20 x 10 ... !!!! .. He's a businessman ... !!!

If it was that easy, if we started at Brandon say for the start of April or when the first stox meeting is due. That would give 2 months, it won't take that long to fix Brandon so nothing looks like it will happen anytime soon.

Happy the club are running don't get me wrong, it's just not home though. Just my personal view

Incredibly bizarre thanking the person responsible for the damage preventing the Bees from racing at home!

Anyway, great news the Bees are saved and efforts being made to get them back home. Less talking and more action required now.

The worse thing that could happen is that Bees fans don't get behind the team still.

That would be Horton then?

A couple of other thoughts. Perhaps Leicester season ticket holders can gain entry to Coventry meetings free of charge.

I have an answer to 1 of your questions , Leicester has 7 days a week PP , a lot has been spoken about in the last 5 years ,about the lack of activity training wise that could have been going on there , so 2 night s a week should not be a problem , plus with the small amount of elite league fixtures this year , it's not impossible to have home meetings for each team every other week ,

• Like 1

The fact that Cradley to Stoke was twice as far as Coventry to Leicester might have had something to do with it

Do you think all the Bees fans live in Coventry ?

The fact that Cradley to Stoke was twice as far as Coventry to Leicester might have had something to do with it

Well finally the statement has been released I think the best thing has been done for Speedway in general there has had to be lots of negotiation and arms twisting to be done to make this happen.

Let's hope that both clubs benefit from this and that sufficient Coventry fans travel to make it viable for them.

Sandu is very much involved now from both the Brandon side and also with Coventry at Beaumont park venture from a financial and supporting nature

Now this has been sorted Leicester can push forward with their announcements of the team I expect the first one on Tues or Wednesday

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 2

You can't turn the clock back, all this negativity is doing no good at all. I understand the comments but I repeat what I said in an earlier post "Speedway needs Coventry and Coventry needs Speedway." What is needed now is positive actions from all concerned including Supporters" I watch most of my Speedway at Rye House and I follow them but I will only ever have one real team West Ham - the original and in my eyes the only "Hammers" - sorry Lakeside/Arena Essex I have nothing against you but I could not bring myself to support you as to me there was and will only ever be one Hammers. Coventry supporters please take note the Bees are your team if you give up what incentive will there be for MH or any other future management to bother, not to mention sponsors who are vital to all clubs nowadays and most importantly the riders who don't need negativity they need and deserve your support.

Follow Plymouths example last year they started the season then folded BUT with determination and goodwill within weeks they were up and running again, they may be NL this year but Plymouth have a speedway team and supporters have somewhere to watch this fantastic family sport. Please lets hope Coventry Speedway and it's supporters and the Council, not forgetting the BSPA, can work together now to move forward to enable Speedway in this area to continue and hopefully in 3 years have a new track of their own to ride on and enthusiastic people to support it. I say again "you can't turn the clock back" now is the time to try to forget the past and start moving forward and the best way to do that is to let the powers that be know you want and need speedway in Coventry. I for one will visit when your oppononents are Rye House and I hope fans from other clubs who can make the journey to BP or Brandon will do the same when their team visit so that in our own way we are trying to help you keep your speedway team alive. GOOD LUCK YOU BEES.

• Like 3

And there in lies your problem. That word has no place being mentioned in the same breath as Beaumont Park.

Rubbish news and the Bees will be out of business within weeks anyway.

RUBBISH NEWS ??????????

Coventry still have a team !!!

Ask Oxford,Reading,Wimbledon etc etc supporters what RUBBISH NEWS REALLY IS. :nono:

• Like 9