British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Fair comment but that still leaves about an hour and 15 minutes looking at nothing.

I think some delay is inevitable - football doesn't need to have work on the pitch undertaken during the match, for example.

Having said that, two hours is the very maximum it should take to run and a norm should be 90 minutes. Every effort should be made to cut down unnecessary time lapses, intervals being the main one.

No fan likes them and there are many - including me - who can't stand them. We can only hope that at some point in the future promoters learn that what they take at food bars they lose at the turnstiles.

I went to a meeting at Birmingham last March. On an absolute freezing night, we had a 20 minute interval. That's just ridiculous.

• Like 2

I agree there seems little point in intervals these days, and the interminable delay between heats 14 and 15 on a freezing cold night is not fan friendly . In many cases I get the feeling that once you are in the Stadium little regard is given to those that have paid to come in.

Any sign of a statement yet ? No ..

Burning the midnight oil with fans forefront in their minds as always.

• Like 1

I agree there seems little point in intervals these days, and the interminable delay between heats 14 and 15 on a freezing cold night is not fan friendly . In many cases I get the feeling that once you are in the Stadium little regard is given to those that have paid to come in.

I think for clubs that rent their stadium the stadium owners probably insist on an interval to make some food and drink money.

• Like 1

So today's the day the teddy bears have thier picnick. Can't wait to see if it actually happens this time. How many times have they promissed an outcome.

Lost count. We can ill afford to any more clubs. At any level of the sport, even more so the like of a team like the Bees. Thay have been buzzing around forever. Lets hope today produces so very good honey. If not honey some sweet words would go a long way to making a lot of fans happy.

To be fair they haven't promised a statement, just said they're having a meeting. :)

• Like 2

I think for clubs that rent their stadium the stadium owners probably insist on an interval to make some food and drink money.

As far as I am aware, in many cases there is no obligation to do so but some do as a matter of good will.

On the other hand, tracks that own their stadiums - Eastbourne & King's Lynn come to mind - have them.

And to let track staff go and get a hot/cold drink, and loo break...

Bad enough putting riders interests over fans but track staff ????

Well if they got on with the meeting the staff wouldn't need a loo break or a drink. :P I travel from Leicester to Coventry, watch the match and 2nd half if there is one then drive back again all without any urgent need to visit the loo.

Well if they got on with the meeting the staff wouldn't need a loo break or a drink. :P I travel from Leicester to Coventry, watch the match and 2nd half if there is one then drive back again all without any urgent need to visit the loo.

Arn't you lucky..

Bad enough putting riders interests over fans but track staff ????

Your point is ?

In the meantime, we still await a statement..

Edited by Starman2006

This little light hearted exchange shows the divergence in opinions. IMO number 1 priority is riders safety and number 2 is the paying public.

To be fair they haven't promised a statement, just said they're having a meeting. :)

Agree, and I would rather they still keep talking when there is hope, rather a confirmation that a speedway has closed. Some on here would seem to rather hear the bad news instead of good news. Strange fans, those that seem to care, but don't go to meetings.

• Like 4

Agree, and I would rather they still keep talking when there is hope, rather a confirmation that a speedway has closed. Some on here would seem to rather hear the bad news instead of good news. Strange fans, those that seem to care, but don't go to meetings.

You do get that feel, having said that, if no aggreement has been made, nothing wrong with a brief statement saying

"Negotiations are still in progress"

That's all that's needed to inform the fans that they haven't been forgotten about!

That's all.....

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

I don't often post on these matters but may I just say. No problem with #speedwaysnobs but, you were only able to watch Bruce Pennall, Jan O and Erik Gundersen at their best because someone was prepared to pay to watch them wobble .............in their home countries.

Good Luck to Coventry

Edited by TMW

What we do not know is whom the meeting is between, or what it is about for that matter !!. Could be about continued use of Brandon or move to Leicester.

Hence the reason why thy can't say who is in the discussions so as to what the option might be. Far better keep it behind doors when the resolution is viable and acceptable, and the deal that can be achieved for the fans and the continuation of speedway in the area. No News is good news.

• Like 1

and if a statement came out saying they were still in discussions you'd still get people moan saying they already know that and why don't they give a proper statement!

And people would have every right to moan. This has dragged on long enough..