British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

As a Bees fan who in 3 years (hopefully) will celebrate 50 years at Brandon, I would like to say....

I don't care who said what to whom.

I don't care who owns what.

I don't care about politics.

I don't care about land prices and planning permission to build houses.

I do care about my speedway.

I do care about the Bees.

I do care about the Storm.

I even care the Vikings (look them up).

I do care about our riders.

I do care about the long serving staff.

I especially care about my fellow fans.

Please listen, whoever it is making decisons about our club.

We care. Whether we're fighting for the playoffs or just beating our local rivals.

Happiness is 40-38 or whatever the modern equivalent is. Maybe that's my problem eh? I just want to watch good racing like it was in the day.

• Like 3

As a Bees fan who in 3 years (hopefully) will celebrate 50 years at Brandon, I would like to say....

I don't care who said what to whom.

I don't care who owns what.

I don't care about politics.

I don't care about land prices and planning permission to build houses.

I do care about my speedway.

I do care about the Bees.

I do care about the Storm.

I even care the Vikings (look them up).

I do care about our riders.

I do care about the long serving staff.

I especially care about my fellow fans.

Please listen, whoever it is making decisons about our club.

We care. Whether we're fighting for the playoffs or just beating our local rivals.

Happiness is 40-38 or whatever the modern equivalent is. Maybe that's my problem eh? I just want to watch good racing like it was in the day.

Coventry Don't have enough supporters to run Elite League Speedway or to make the council want to make sure the sport stays at Brandon. Fact

Crowds are shocking compared to a few years ago and it's clear the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are not behind supporting it.

It will be a sad day if it's the end of Brandon and the bees

Coventry Don't have enough supporters to run Elite League Speedway or to make the council want to make sure the sport stays at Brandon. Fact

Crowds are shocking compared to a few years ago and it's clear the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are not behind supporting it.

What a load of rubbish. For one the leader of the council said Brandon will not be in the updated local plan as the want the stadium to continue running. Secondly crowds are easily sustainable especially when you consider our poor league form this season some clubs would love our crowds (apart from sky). Thirdly, the speedway promoter as things stand will run the stadium in 2017, that means rent from stox and other events (hopefully) and money from food, drinks and other sales. We didn't get any of that before. The Bees can't be doing that bad because they've ran the storm for 4 years and I bet that's lost money pretty much every year, still might run next year too. Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

Shut up and go back to the leicester or tai woffinden threads , this one is far too serious a subject to have you polluting it, with hearsay inuendo and desperate attetion seeking rubbish

• Like 3

Shut up and go back to the leicester or tai woffinden threads , this one is far too serious a subject to have you polluting it, with hearsay inuendo and desperate attetion seeking rubbish

I suggest you find a copy of yesterday's coventry telegraph and read it for yourself it's Not hearsay it's Facts.

Maybe you should shut up as you clearly don't know anything that is going on.

I suggest you find a copy of yesterday's coventry telegraph and read it for yourself it's Not hearsay it's Facts.

Given that the article seems to have been written entirely by reading the BSF and using the copy and paste functions I'd suggest that it is closer to hearsay than fact.

All we have is speculation, some of it informed and some of it less so.

• Like 1

What you said and what's in the article are two completely different things. No where does it say speedway is unsustainable at the stadium. We wouldn't have ran the storm if speedway as a whole wasn't sustainable. You just made that up. The journalist didn't know much about the sport and I helped her about which teams is in which league and they are both ran by Horton etc. The statements she used are from the Bees website.

• Like 1

It was announced at the Wimborne Whoppa today, that the scheduled side car meeting for next Friday at Brandon, would definitely be going ahead!

Make of that what you will!

Depends who they are sub leasing it from but I guess Horton with it being on a Friday? Edited by woz01

I thought he got control of the stadium on January the 1st

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-bees-stay-brandon-another-11660599

Unless I'm missing something, the owners are the ones who ultimately make the decisions on who uses the stadium, even if Horton does lease it for Speedway purposes?

Edited by Jacques

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-bees-stay-brandon-another-11660599

Unless I'm missing something, the owners are the ones who ultimately make the decisions on who uses the stadium, even if Horton does lease it for Speedway purposes?

Yes I mean 2017 I agree with you if there is no speedway on Friday the owners can lease to anyone

The sidecars are going ahead. So there is no issue with them, this issue appears to be with the owners of Coventry Bees Speedway..........?

Yes it seems very much like its the speedway they have issues with and nobody else.

Again as I said with poor crowds not sure how Horton could balance the books.

...............Robert72............Not at the matches I have been too they looked very poor including the last one for the double header.
Did the storm matches break even ?
I fear for next season.

The double header crowd was not very good, probably because it meant nothing to either Coventry or Kings Lynn in the league table, but on the whole the Bees matches have been well attended and the racing has mostly been good all season.

National League attendances though have been very poor and I would imagine they have lost money on each meeting. I very much doubt if the Storm will continue next year but then the whole lot seems to be under threat at the moment anyway so who knows if there will even be a Bees team. :neutral:

Edited to add the quote.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1