British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

That may well be true, but Wasps have demonstrated that if you supply the right product, in the right environment, with the right promotion, kids can be dragged away from their electronic devices.

And what do you suggest in the currant climate.. ? Hmm. Speedway has made its bed and all that. You have to remermber, i see regulars every week, and many adults can no longer afford go every week due to the costs. Kids are the future, but if Adults can no longer go on as regular basis, what chance do the kids have... I'l tell you, none. And we get the biggest crowds in the premiership by a mile.

Edited by Starman2006

So why is this situation Hortons fault as you claimed? He hasn't the finance to pay 200k+ for Sandhu's fixture and fittings and why would he pay for it when Brandon Estates says it's their fixture and fittings and not Sandhu's?

Must admit I never thought that Sandhu was ever the real owner. My understanding is that his larger family pooled together and bought Coventry, and Sandhu was the front man to run it on their behalf. That came out during 2010 aftermath. Could the family be Brandon Estates or did the family sell it on to them, and Sandhu took a lease out and sublet it to Horton and Heaver.

• Like 1

Do you need to be reminded of what happened the last time Birmingham were in the top flight ?

They, and others, are in the NL for a very good reason.

Please do not even joke about Horton taking over the Brummies.

We had liars & charlatans running us last time in the Elite League & it nearly destroyed the club.

• Like 4

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Track: Brandon Stadium Coventry

Day Date Time Track

Sat 01/04/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 06/05/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 03/06/2017 6.30pm Coventry British

Sat 01/07/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 05/08/2017 7.00pm Coventry

Sat 02/09/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 07/10/2017 6.30pm Coventry NPC R5

Sat 04/11/2017 6.30pm Coventry

I see the first meeting is planned for Fools Day

Well. They were in the hands of a very incapable promotion . . . . .

But in all seriousness though it could work if it was done right. An ambitious promoter with a good backer. It's certainly better than nl level. Just because it didn't work under a previous promotion doesn't mean the idea should be buried forever. It's a weaker league now and there is potentially a team without a track to ride. If its at Birmingham it won't impact the liecester project.

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Day Date Time Track

You'll be there then.

• Like 3

Well. They were in the hands of a very incapable promotion . . . . .

But in all seriousness though it could work if it was done right. An ambitious promoter with a good backer. It's certainly better than nl level. Just because it didn't work under a previous promotion doesn't mean the idea should be buried forever. It's a weaker league now and there is potentially a team without a track to ride. If its at Birmingham it won't impact the liecester project.

Someone like Tony Mole, for instance ?

He wants out after this season and had no intention to run in a professional league.

My point is that if someone of the financial means, track record for success at speedway tracks and passion for the sport like Tony Mole won't take the club up it says a great deal about why they are in the NL.

Says an ex promoter who is part of the reason the sport is all but finished.

Yes, my efforts pale into zero significance, given what you achieved and put into your riding. :party::D:P

• Like 4

Disclaimer, I don't read much of what is posted if this has been suggested and dismissed before, so be it....

If the worst happens and Brandon is unavailable for the Bee's surely Perry Barr is a better alternative than Leicester. The journey distance/time is fairly similar and the Birmingham Speedway Fans have had no top level racing for several years? It makes a much easier drive for those fans coming from local rivals in Wolves & Belle Vue. I guess those meetings are the bumper crowds?

I don't know of Perry Barr's availability. Just putting that out there. Hope you have Speedway at Brandon next year.

• Like 1

Yes, my efforts pale into zero significance, given what you achieved and put into your riding. :party::D:P

:rofl:

:rofl:

Disclaimer, I don't read much of what is posted if this has been suggested and dismissed before, so be it....

If the worst happens and Brandon is unavailable for the Bee's surely Perry Barr is a better alternative than Leicester. The journey distance/time is fairly similar and the Birmingham Speedway Fans have had no top level racing for several years? It makes a much easier drive for those fans coming from local rivals in Wolves & Belle Vue. I guess those meetings are the bumper crowds?

I don't know of Perry Barr's availability. Just putting that out there. Hope you have Speedway at Brandon next year.

Birmingham have some of cradley's meetings as well so isn't an option.

Surprised you weren't aware of that.

Birmingham have some of cradley's meetings as well so isn't an option.

Surprised you weren't aware of that.

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Day Date Time Track

Are these actual meetings, or TBC dates? If they are official dates, then it seems obvious that whoever has control of the venue, just wanted Speedway out..

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that they were also (wobblers)at one stage in there careers .

I scanned your profile and over 8 thousand posts you are listed as having only 136 as excellent says all I need to know.

• Like 2