British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

In truth I thought there were fewer in 2016 than 2015.

Doesn't affect just how fantastic the racing on Sundays is, though.

That wasn't the point though. It was the overall Sunday entertainment package rather than the racing in isolation. Peterborough delivers well enough on that for 15 minutes, but Sundays are for days out, and that's what the atmosphere feels like. Doesn't compare to evening under lights

That wasn't the point though. It was the overall Sunday entertainment package rather than the racing in isolation. Peterborough delivers well enough on that for 15 minutes, but Sundays are for days out, and that's what the atmosphere feels like. Doesn't compare to evening under lights

with young children I much prefer the Sunday at Peterborough, plenty of space for them to run around and play with their friends, but they still love the speedway, without it being too late at night and them being tired after school

• Like 2

with young children I much prefer the Sunday at Peterborough, plenty of space for them to run around and play with their friends, but they still love the speedway, without it being too late at night and them being tired after school

That's a different argument though unless they're given a free horn and sit near me to grab a breather.

we need to encourage the youngsters, they're all that will keep the sport going in the future

British Speedway will struggle to get over this closed season mess and I just don't see a brighter future for the sport because of the way those involved run it.

How can Leicester,Coventry or Belle Vue attract sponsors,new supporters & sell season tickets ? Also other teams fans buying season tickets is a risk if they all don't start the season or complete it.

I don't think speedway will recover from this winters problems sadly.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

British Speedway will struggle to get over this closed season mess and I just don't see a brighter future for the sport because of the way those involved run it.

How can Leicester,Coventry or Belle Vue attract sponsors,new supporters & sell season tickets ? Also other teams fans buying season tickets is a risk if they all don't start the season or complete it.

I don't think speedway will recover from this winters problems sadly.

I give it 5 years

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season. Leicester and belle vue have long term commitments now too. This isn't speedways problem. This is coventrys. Speedway is rallying round to help Coventry and there is moaning about a lack of news and anti bspa comments (because that's the cool thing to do right). Be grateful that deadlines are being extended and that people are working hard behind the scenes.

It's only a mess right now because of 1 teams in house problems.

For the good of Coventry fans I hope those problems get settled for at least this season. Speedway will move on with or without though. It did after reading and Oxford and Bradford and cradely.

Don't call it speedways mess. Call it your landlords and operators mess

I really hope it gets rectified though for the hardcore that turn up through the toughest of times. No fan deserves to lose its team.

• Like 5

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season.

So its three teams in isolation this year.

next year lets say two more teams in isolation and so on, how long before these isolated problems mean there is no speedway.

These problems are a problem for the whole of speedway, not just for the three teams

• Like 3

I love how you reply to a compliment with a line of defensive attack!

Think there was a hint of sarcasum in there, dont you.. Or maybe you don't, as you seem to jump to his defence.. :oops:

That's not speedway as a whole though is it. That's 3 teams in isolation this season.

So its three teams in isolation this year.

next year lets say two more teams in isolation and so on, how long before these isolated problems mean there is no speedway.

These problems are a problem for the whole of speedway, not just for the three teams

Well, 4 teams actually. Last time anyone looked, Swindon didn't have a stadium....

4 teams out of 9 facing major difficulties.

Edited by Robert Lee

Only 200 bees fans out of 1000 said they would go to Leicester to support there team if they couldn't use Brandon, thats 1 in 5 which is very poor

Think some took the survey as a permenant move.

I personally couldn't get to Leicester on a Friday night to watch Coventry.

I live in Coventry & I finish work at 6.30pm and have no transport so there would be no way I could do it.

I suspect that Coventry Bees fans need to look at Mick Horton as the main cause of the "where are we now" situation. His track record of not getting it right goes back a long way at other tracks. It seems obvious that the Bees are not going to run at Brandon in 2017 - unless they start the season in May or June. Sharing at Leicester is going to be a financial flop unless it's just for a couple of months but even that is likely to prove costly.

True, although temporary hopefully it could be a financial disaster. Gone is financial help from both Brandon estates and stox offer so can you pay the riders and rent etc on attendance that will be reduced from Brandon... no.

Belle vue started late, instead of all the seats and lights why didn't they just dig a hole in turn 3.