British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

It certainly doesn't sound too good and again more off track problems. If there was an issue then the poor chaps who wanted a spin this morning should have been given warning, its not like somebody woke up this morning and said I know what we will do today?? Also no word from the stock car side of the business on the whole stadium salvage but interesting to see the councillor at the world final?

The bigger picture is we were told by Sandhu he will help the bees and stox to find a new home, the relationship must have hit a snag for it to come to this today. We await further news from either camp, although I find it unfair on the supporters and people earlier who were let down to be kept in the dark, hours pass, rumors get bigger and it could be easily stopped by a simple explanation and some honesty.

• Like 1

Seen this on the Sheffield thread....

Heard some rumours last night regarding Garrity and I emphasise these are rumours. Garrity or his mechanic has been disqualified from driving (reason unknown) and that Rentruck have taken his hire van off him. This has apparently caused some friction between the rider and both promotions he rides for.

At Ipswich when he declared himself unfit to ride, Boocock told him if he wasn't riding that night and the Friday, he wouldn't be riding at the PLRC on the Sunday and at that point the exchange got physical and Garrity had Boocock by the throat, Josh B tried to intervene and also had a physical exchange with Garrity.

As a result the Sheffield promotion immediately dispensed with his services and when the Coventry promotion were informed of the circumstances, they also sacked him.

Don't know the accuracy of these rumours, but if anyone knows different please correct this.

• Like 1

Seen this on the Sheffield thread....

Heard some rumours last night regarding Garrity and I emphasise these are rumours. Garrity or his mechanic has been disqualified from driving (reason unknown) and that Rentruck have taken his hire van off him. This has apparently caused some friction between the rider and both promotions he rides for.

At Ipswich when he declared himself unfit to ride, Boocock told him if he wasn't riding that night and the Friday, he wouldn't be riding at the PLRC on the Sunday and at that point the exchange got physical and Garrity had Boocock by the throat, Josh B tried to intervene and also had a physical exchange with Garrity.

As a result the Sheffield promotion immediately dispensed with his services and when the Coventry promotion were informed of the circumstances, they also sacked him.

Don't know the accuracy of these rumours, but if anyone knows different please correct this.

Oh FFS!! What next! :mad:

Oh FFS, what is it with some bloody promotions? They couldn't organise a p up at a brewery.

I have a feeling next seasons EL is going to look very different.

As for Garrity, its hearsay at the moment so we will have tonwait and see. If he has been banned for drink driving serves him right and he is bound to lose his van. Attacking his promoter and team mate is ridiculous behaviour though!

• Like 2

It certainly doesn't sound too good and again more off track problems. If there was an issue then the poor chaps who wanted a spin this morning should have been given warning, its not like somebody woke up this morning and said I know what we will do today?? Also no word from the stock car side of the business on the whole stadium salvage but interesting to see the councillor at the world final?

The bigger picture is we were told by Sandhu he will help the bees and stox to find a new home, the relationship must have hit a snag for it to come to this today. We await further news from either camp, although I find it unfair on the supporters and people earlier who were let down to be kept in the dark, hours pass, rumors get bigger and it could be easily stopped by a simple explanation and some honesty.

I never believed for 1 second that Sandhu had any intention of finding another venue . If anyone did they must want their heads read ,

• Like 5

Steve Shovlar, on 23 Sept 2016 - 5:47 PM, said:

Oh FFS, what is it with some bloody promotions? They couldn't organise a p up at a brewery.

I have a feeling next seasons EL is going to look very different.

As for Garrity, its hearsay at the moment so we will have tonwait and see. If he has been banned for drink driving serves him right and he is bound to lose his van. Attacking his promoter and team mate is ridiculous behaviour though!

IF losing Coventry , Leicester & as rumoured possibly Kings Lynn drop down the ELITE as its called will be no more !! Lets hope its all bull eh !

IF losing Coventry , Leicester & as rumoured possibly Kings Lynn drop down the ELITE as its called will be no more !! Lets hope its all bull eh !

I'm with Gemini on this subject. For a few seasons now (and not just because of the going ons and the fact that I'm a Coventry supporter) I wish for a larger Premier League and ditch the GP riders (those who are left and willing to race in the so called Elite League). I'm sure there are hidden depths to Bomber's decision to leave Coventry but I find it rather ironic that as soon as he no longer will be racing in the GP's (at least for 2017) he is no longer available to race for Coventry. It's in league racing that we have witnessed his best racing.Just my opinon of course. I sincerely hope we will still have racing at Coventry next season but my vibes are telling me otherwise. ;)

• Like 1

Well piss off and troll somewhere else.

Hardly trolling mate. Suggest you do the same, free forum.. :t:

There will still be an Elite League, just different teams. The constitution of the BSPA states that should any league fail, the teams will reform new leagues.

Probably no Leicester, possibly no Coventry. Rye House wanting up? Glasgow wanting up?

You can't have a rule of no top riders. How will British riders improve if they are not meeting the best? Doyle has already signed anyway.

There are GP riders who have remained with the EL. Why should they be penalised?

I'm with Gemini on this subject. For a few seasons now (and not just because of the going ons and the fact that I'm a Coventry supporter) I wish for a larger Premier League and ditch the GP riders (those who are left and willing to race in the so called Elite League). I'm sure there are hidden depths to Bomber's decision to leave Coventry but I find it rather ironic that as soon as he no longer will be racing in the GP's (at least for 2017) he is no longer available to race for Coventry. It's in league racing that we have witnessed his best racing.Just my opinon of course. I sincerely hope we will still have racing at Coventry next season but my vibes are telling me otherwise. ;)

You have a years extention so the likelyhood you will have speedway at Brandon.

There will still be an Elite League, just different teams. The constitution of the BSPA states that should any league fail, the teams will reform new leagues.

Probably no Leicester, possibly no Coventry. Rye House wanting up? Glasgow wanting up?

You can't have a rule of no top riders. How will British riders improve if they are not meeting the best? Doyle has already signed anyway.

There are GP riders who have remained with the EL. Why should they be penalised?

Glasgow yes, but can't see Rye House..

Steve Shovlar, on 23 Sept 2016 - 6:58 PM, said:

What would Glasgow gain by joining the elite ? Wouldn't sides be visiting them on Sundays with riders missing every week because of GPs or Polish meetings ? The same would apply to The Rockets who ride Saturdays ?

• Like 1

What would Glasgow gain by joining the elite ? Wouldn't sides be visiting them on Sundays with riders missing every week because of GPs or Polish meetings ? The same would apply to The Rockets who ride Saturdays ?

I would imagine they would change their race night if they went EL.

So they were locked out due to a "Political issue" with Coventry Racing Club Ltd (Sandhu company). They require discussions with the bspa and the new stadium owners.

Seems to me it's been bubbling up under the surface for quite a while.

Edited by woz01

So they were locked out due to a "Political issue" with Coventry Racing Club Ltd (Sandhu company). They require discussions with the bspa and the new stadium owners.

Seems to me it's been bubbling up under the surface for quite a while.

How will this effect the ELRC or even next year?

?

Exactly what I have been hearing re Rye and Glasgow. Take everything you hear in Speedwáy with a pinch of salt of course but it's interesting that although 150 miles apart we have heard the same things, although I have heard the possibility of Ippo as well, and it was from a fairly good source, not the proverbial bloke in a pub.