British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

If not decided tomorrow it will get extended again and again

Hopefully!

Can't see why the BSPA can't issue the fixture list with Coventry included.

Far easier to take 28 fixtures out of the list if Coventry do not run, than to put in 28 fixtures if there is a late stay of execution.

• Like 2

Is Oxford a viable stadium these ,could it be used seeing as it closed down when Mick Horton was the last promoter there would anyone want speedway back at Cowley under his control and would the hardcore Coventry supporters be willing to travel there . If it was viable why hasn't any would be promoter taken a chance with it.

Brother Colin I recall closed Oxford Speedway.

• Like 1

.......Stevebrum.......Darcy has already said Coventry won't be welcome to ride at Leicester, I assume you read the article?

Obviously Starman hasn't or he wouldn't keep banging on about Coventry using the Beaumont Park track. Can someone else tell him because I've lost what patience I had, which wasn't much in the first place.

• Like 2

Good idea mate, but the fans wont move outside there comfort zone..

Good idea? You really are a total halfwit.

It's even worse than your idea to relocate us to Leicester, Wolves, Birmingham etc.

Have you ever tried to get down the M40 / A34 on a weeknight? How many Coventry fans would do that?

I realise you never leave Poole and it probably takes you about 5 minutes to get to Wimborne Road on your Penny Farthing, but think about what you're posting!

• Like 7

Obviously Starman hasn't or he wouldn't keep banging on about Coventry using the Beaumont Park track. Can someone else tell him because I've lost what patience I had, which wasn't much in the first place.

He would have to read a post and digest for that to happen.

It won't happen sadly.

• Like 1

Good idea? You really are a total halfwit.

It's even worse than your idea to relocate us to Leicester, Wolves, Birmingham etc.

Have you ever tried to get down the M40 / A34 on a weeknight? How many Coventry fans would do that?

I realise you never leave Poole and it probably takes you about 5 minutes to get to Wimborne Road on your Penny Farthing, but think about what you're posting!

Penny Farthing ? He probably arrives there on the back of a Woolly Mammoth !

• Like 1

Bit different when Plymouth is 2 and half hours, probably same as Somerset. 30 mins is what I have to do to get to Poole. So I think it is the venue that is the problem not the distance.

If Weymouth were open - and the ground for the track is still there - would those Poole fans travel ?

I don't think its the venue at all. I think it is the distance to a degree but more so the fact that Brandon Stadium is still there.

June has put the supporters position excellently in her post above and, indeed, I am struggling to think of an occasion when track sharing has worked when the interlopers stadium was still in existence.