British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

What is the actual point in him 'saving' the club for next year when he's pulling stunts like this?

If this is happening now, it doesn't show much hope for next year. Particularly if staff have had their keys taken away. Perhaps the BSPA best think about moving the ELRC (again...) 🙄

Coventry have never owned him. Thankfully.

Don't think Horton has ever successfully sold anyone.

Schlein and maybe a few NL level riders? Bought and sold Joe Jacobs.

As for the latest "stories" if true then surely he's not a fit a proper person to be running a speedway club and should have his license removed.

hardly a shock is it ???

I'd prefer to wait and see what the relevant people say first. We don't know who hasn't paid the rent, could be Horton or it could be Sandhu who runs the stadium still. It could be the stadium owner? As I said we need answers, all we know for certain is that there is a lock out. Is ride and slide run by Horton does anyone know or someone independent because they were locked out too.

Edited by woz01

Schlein and maybe a few NL level riders? Bought and sold Joe Jacobs.

As for the latest "stories" if true then surely he's not a fit a proper person to be running a speedway club and should have his license removed.

Jacobs purchase was never completed as they got wind he was retiring.

Not sure Lynn ever paid for Schlein.

The ride and slide event was also not allowed to happen and that has no connection to the club.

Do ride and slide sub-lease off the speedway club? If they do, it has everything to do with the club.

AFAIK Sandhu leases off the housing developers, he leases out to stox and speedway. Who/what the stox/speedway lease out to on their day is then up to them I would have though.

Do ride and slide sub-lease off the speedway club? If they do, it has everything to do with the club.

AFAIK Sandhu leases off the housing developers, he leases out to stox and speedway. Who/what the stox/speedway lease out to on their day is then up to them I would have though.

I thought the club only 'take control' of the stadium a few hours before the meeting? If I was running a training school I would pay directly to whoever runs the stadium not to someone who is also renting. If Horton hasn't paid the rent then he's an idiot considering he taking charge of the venue next year which will help the club and probably himself money wise. I'm sure he would've had to put some sort of payment down to do that.

Edit: Yep ride and slide do sub lease off the club. Will have to wait and see what the statement says.

Edited by woz01

I thought Sandhu had sold the stadium?! Or is Brandon Estates Ltd a company that he still has interest in?

He has but one of Sandhu's company run the stadium. Sandhu would pay the land owner a fee to run the stadium and then get rent and food and drink revenue from the Stox, Speedway and other events.

Seems there is a bit of politics going on with the stadium. I even heard one of the turnstiles staff that stox wouldn't be running at Brandon next year. Horton maybe behind on rent but even if he is it shouldnt be a difficult thing to sort out considering Horton is due to run the stadium from 2017.

Edited by woz01

I won't be back at Coventry whilst they continue not having concessions...

I have not reached concession age yet.

However , as a matter of principle , I will not go.

You must refuse to do business with many companies then as most have no OAP concession!