British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

I presume the Track Shop won't be open tomorrow as it usually is pre-Christmas

Lorraine isn't running it any more so it won't be open. All the items have been removed but I don't know if she plans to sell them elsewhere. All credit to her and the team of helpers as she worked wonders in there and turned it into the best track shop out of all the leagues.

• Like 1

Lorraine isn't running it any more so it won't be open. All the items have been removed but I don't know if she plans to sell them elsewhere. All credit to her and the team of helpers as she worked wonders in there and turned it into the best track shop out of all the leagues.

Excuse me for being nosy, but why has the track shop been closed if it was doing well?

Seems a bit of a shame.

We used to have a track shop at Buxton but that closed down too.

Is there any reason why regalia can't be sold on Fleabay?

As well as providing a 365 day/year market place, might it not act as a bit of a propaganda tool for the clubs?

Thanks.

Sandhu has contractors ready to start in January, if they are allowed in.

Can't see all sides attending that, it will be to late by then anyway, the work need to start straight after Christmas.

We are hoping work would've started by the time the meeting comes around! They started to arrange this meeting before the latest developments. We usually get Mick Horton and Cllr Stokes attending but we never get Sandhu or Heaver attending instead they usually give us a pre prepared statement. Brandon Estates need to be there also.

If I remember rightly she was hoping to hire a room where she could sell all the left over stock.

Edited by woz01

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/coventry-racing-club-confirms-contractors-are-ready-to-return-speedway-venue-to-its-original-state/

As I mentioned yesterday its strange that somebody would pay for 24hr security on land not owned or leased anymore? Or more to the point how could you if you don't have the keys?

Although he sold the stadium I do think Mr Sandhu/Heaver would be better fit to be taking on the lease again rather than Mick Horton. They own the equipment needed, they have the finance and sound like they would foot the running costs anyway so what Horton would actually be responsible for I have no idea. It does seem like its Mick and Brandon Estates vs Sandhu/Heaver.

More fun and games to come I am sure

Edited by Coventry_Bee

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/coventry-racing-club-confirms-contractors-are-ready-to-return-speedway-venue-to-its-original-state/

As I mentioned yesterday its strange that somebody would pay for 24hr security on land not owned or leased anymore? Or more to the point how could you if you don't have the keys?

Although he sold the stadium I do think Mr Sandhu/Heaver would be better fit to be taking on the lease again rather than Mick Horton. They own the equipment needed, they have the finance and sound like they would foot the running costs anyway so what Horton would actually be responsible for I have no idea. It does seem like its Mick and Brandon Estates vs Sandhu/Heaver.

More fun and games to come I am sure

I think Mick is stuck in the middle, he probably wants to sign the agreement with Sandhu but then the stadium owner is getting the police involved making it all very difficult. Sandhu for whatever reason didn't seem to even contemplate extending his lease. Bizarre considering he claims he's paying for pretty much everything anyway. They best solution would be Sandhu as leaseholder. Edited by woz01

Picking up on the earlier post re: 'Supporter Assist' if (let us hope) things work out and remedial work is required decorating, etc.

Here's a Lakeside Supporter with brush and spanner in hand (oooh errr Missis) if such supoort is required.

Keep The Faith folks!

• Like 1

Picking up on the earlier post re: 'Supporter Assist' if (let us hope) things work out and remedial work is required decorating, etc.

Here's a Lakeside Supporter with brush and spanner in hand (oooh errr Missis) if such supoort is required.

Keep The Faith folks!

Strange thing is that when speedway is doing ok, it is a business run by entrepreneurs.

When it is doing badly, it is a club calling out to the supporters to help it.

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Excuse me for being nosy, but why has the track shop been closed if it was doing well?

Seems a bit of a shame.

Perhaps it had something to do with City Gearboxes ending their sponsorship of The Storm, which was her husband's company I think? Or perhaps she had a crystal ball and could see all the troubles ahead for the stadium. Chris Harris must have had one too.

Perhaps it had something to do with City Gearboxes ending their sponsorship of The Storm, which was her husband's company I think? Or perhaps she had a crystal ball and could see all the troubles ahead for the stadium. Chris Harris must have had one too.

It's a shame when somebody has put a lot of effort in to something like a supporters' shop and it becomes unviable, perhaps through no fault of the seller.

If she pops the stuff on Fleabay, I'm sure people like me will buy a few items as mementos.

:t:

Never for Bomber his are definitely titanium.

• Like 2

Never for Bomber his are definitely titanium.

Just the one though as the other is definitely crystal.

Who has the most to gain by the Bees not running again.

Brandon Estates and Sandhu?

Neither, Brandon estates sit on a site making no money and many pee'd off supporters. Sandhu gets no stock car income from Brandon, it can be taken on the road but Brandon is a top location for stox. Add Horton with 7 contracted riders so all have an interest to find a solution short term. Long term Horton will need Sandhu's support as if a new stadium is built then Horton will need to agree terms for speedway and if recent weeks are to go by then that's going to be interesting. But getting a new site is going to be so important as we need it in the next 6-12 months to get it built etc. I doubt the councillor will continue to get involved in the madness.

I never thought I would be so disappointed as a Lions supporter to hear that the bees may not be at the tapes for next season. Despite the memories of us being regularly stung (pun intended) in the Olsen era, I was looking forward to the local derbies following our return to the top flight of the sport. Everyone accepts that the sport is on its a*se and if anything it's local derbies that are likely to generate the most revenue from gate receipts. Put simply, the sport needs Coventry Bees and I hope that those involved at the business end can resolve matters in time for next March.

• Like 9