British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Let's hope Sandhu takes the speedway back from Horton.

I don't trust either to be honest.

I side with the pessimists but I hope this could be a move by Brandon Estates and Horton to prompt Sandhu to get his finger out and start repairing the damage and restoring the equipment. That is, I hope, the case butI clutching at straws I fear.

It's probably had the opposite effect, can't see Sandhu being willing spending the money if the police are in fact involved.

Let's hope Sandhu takes the speedway back from Horton.

Well said I agree Sandhu could get the whole show on the road again. The place has been like a mausoleum for years. Recently went to Wasps whole stadium alive great event Speedway should take this as an example and things would change. You have to create a stadium that is alive. Not arrive no music then the highlight of the evening Peter York to entertain us its all old hat. Yes we need a revamp.

Some keep saying the Stock Cars get good crowds once a month so Sandhu would want to keep them running at Brandon but I can't see this logic. What did he get from the sale of the stadium one million, two million pounds? Why would he be particularly bothered about earning a few thousand now and again for the next 12 months or possibly 36 months when he's gutted the place and it's going to cost thousands of pounds to put it right? Answers on a postcard.

• Like 9

Fans are getting sick of the are we/are we not riding debate week after week. Just give us a decision one way or another so we can can either get ready to support the team or move on. It's very tedious now.

Trouble is that even if it does get sorted for 2017, you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole rumpus will start all over again at the end of the year.

Supporters of any club deserve better than this, surely?

• Like 2

It's If I sold a house but left the furnishings for the new owner, who was paying me a lease for the fixtures and fittings. This person then fails to sign a new lease so I go around and take my goods back. Oh, and I also smash a few windows, rip off the wall paper, pull all the wiring out of the walls and take some tiles off the roof.

No suprise the police have now got involved.

• Like 2

It's If I sold a house but left the furnishings for the new owner, who was paying me a lease for the fixtures and fittings. This person then fails to sign a new lease so I go around and take my goods back. Oh, and I also smash a few windows, rip off the wall paper, pull all the wiring out of the walls and take some tiles off the roof.

I agree. Hes gone above and behond taking his fixtures and fittings.

• Like 2

But Steve he has stated that he will make good everything that has been taken out plus he will pay the running costs of the stadium .this leads me to believe that Horton playing games somewhere along the line and keeping quiet?
  • Like 2

Shame to see this situation evolving...... From an ousider, speedway doesn't look like its likely to continue at Bradon, and that will be tragic.

What was once the Mecca venue for the sport, has descended into a battlefield of 2 self destroying personalities...

But Steve he has said he will put everything back and pay the running costs of the stadium. Which makes me think that Horton is playing games somewhere along the line he's keeping very quiet

i genuinely believe we are being put in this situation to soften the blow when they bulldoze the stadium. The constant hokey cokey of whether we are riding next season, the fact no official statement was made by the Speedway promotion, and the genuine uneasiness all of us fans are feeling.

I genuinely believe this is being done so the fans are like 'whatever just do it already'. I don't think we're gonna see another meeting at Brandon. It's all very well and good saying they're replacing the features, but all we have are words. I'm sick of the constant lies from all parties.

Either put us out of our misery, or sort your petty arguments out once and for all. Cannot believe the reputation of Coventry Bees has sunk this low.

But Steve he has stated that he will make good everything that has been taken out plus he will pay the running costs of the stadium .this leads me to believe that Horton playing games somewhere along the line and keeping quiet?

I really don't think my Brandon Estates getting the police involved has anything to do with Horton. The electrics at the stadium had to be made safe as it was in a right state. Not sure who hired the elctricians but I guess Brandon Estates would've been liable had a trespasser got injured from the site being unsafe for whatever reason.

Edited by woz01

lets be clear here, many people dont like Horton, but he is not the one who has trashed the stadium .

For sandhu to stand up and says he "loves speedway & Stox" but then completely strip the venue is showing his true colours

Even IF sandhu is correct in that those things were his assets, the damage caused in removing them is the issue that i suspect has gone to the police.

but please no more of this lets sandhu run the speedway.

sandhu sold the stadium to brandon estates (many are still of the opinion he sold it to himself) for whatever reason they only wanted one lease holder and chose the speedway (if sandhu is so great why ddnt they choose him?)

The Stox then had to agree a sub lease with the speedway, ie sandhu and Horton, this couldn't be agreed (again who really knows why or cares), sandhu then strips out his assets but in the process damages the stadium ie brandon estates assets.

so yes it is a police issue,

• Like 4

Brandon estates have said the only way speedway and Stox WON'T run is if the assets taken are not reinstalled. This is from Cov observer journalist on twitter.

Maybe Sandhu is waiting until the stocks have an agreement, could be asking for some assistance in restoring the fixtures & fittings as well

There is an agreement with Horton but not signed yet probably due to police involvement.

Trouble is that even if it does get sorted for 2017, you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole rumpus will start all over again at the end of the year.

Supporters of any club deserve better than this, surely?

I hope if a 3 year deal is signed by all parties then we will get a break from all that. We can't keep going year on year like this.