British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Ihave already been accused of being a pessimist but I would strongly emphasise the point that neither Horton/Watson have released any communication post the releases from Councillor Stokes and Sandhu via the Stoxsite. Why if they were happy they would have been anxious to reassure the fans with season tickets etc on the horizon. Sorry I still feel there is something wrong with the reassurances we had nearly two weeks ago. Sorry we deserve a statement from the Speedway sources!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 5

Ihave already been accused of being a pessimist but I would strongly emphasise the point that neither Horton/Watson have released any communication post the releases from Councillor Stokes and Sandhu via the Stoxsite. Why if they were happy they would have been anxious to reassure the fans with season tickets etc on the horizon. Sorry I still feel there is something wrong with the reassurances we had nearly two weeks ago. Sorry we deserve a statement from the Speedway sources!

Can`t see the track being ready for racing at the end of March especially if we get some snow and freezing conditions its another Belle Vue in the making. If its a court case it`ll go on for ever !

So Horton won't sign the new contract!! It was agreed all items will be put back so what's the problem? Why involve the police? Delay tactics as far as I can see from Horton and co! What a joke.

Read the article properly.

The stadium owners are calling the police in. Nothing to do with the speedway club.

I still think Sandhu has something to do with Brandon Estates. It's all a stitch up.

• Like 3

Join the club. I admire all those fans who have been optimistic up to now but the fact there has been no reassuring statement at all from the promoters speaks volumes. Statement signed on November 3rd but now it seems clear nothing has been signed. As Nan would say 'What a load of old rubbish.'

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

So let me see if I've got this right....

Brandon Estates own the Stadium.

Avtar Sandhu owns Coventry Stox and wants/has a lease from Brandon Estates to run Stox next year and the two years after.

Mick Horton owns the speedway rights and wants/has a lease from Brandon Estates to run speedway next year and the two years after.

The ownership of the fixture and fittings is in dispute. Avtar Sandhu says they are his and has taken them away. Brandon Estates say they are theirs and have been removed illegally.

Given the above, if Brandon Estates begin legal procedings against Avtar Sandhu, I can't see the fixtures and fittings being reinstated anytime soon.

I wanted to take an optimistic view of matters after Michael Stokes brokered the latest deal. But this doesn't look good.

oleoleole...........Where the hell do we go from here?

Heaven knows but it will probably be Leicester for me being as it's only up the road, if they ever get sorted out of course.

.......False dawn.......... Given the above, if Brandon Estates begin legal procedings against Avtar Sandhu, I can't see the fixtures and fittings being reinstated anytime soon.

I wanted to take an optimistic view of matters after Michael Stokes brokered the latest deal. But this doesn't look good.

No it doesn't and we all know how quickly the law works. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

Brandon estates have confirmed the lease has been signed by Horton. I get the impression Horton has been told by Brandon Estates to hold off signing the deal with Sandhu as they wanted to inspect the site to see what state it is in. Now they seem to be getting the police involved I severely doubt any deal will be signed with Sandhu and that will unfortunately mean no motor racing at Brandon.

But I don't understand why the police would get involved as Sandu has agreed to return all items at his own cost!! Regardless of an inspection it was going to be put right!

Maybe Sandhu has gone back on his word...

But I don't understand why the police would get involved as Sandu has agreed to return all items at his own cost!! Regardless of an inspection it was going to be put right!

You're thinking no intention to permanently deprive. A bit like trespassers won't be prosecuted.

Gemini how I agree with you forget all the nonsence about who has got this average who is going to win the league no statement of intent makes you think we are "doomed Captain Mannering" Let Horton/Watson tell us other.

Sorry forget the Police angle that's a red herring i.e. Has no significance in the discussions.

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

I agree they could easily wait for a month and see if things are replaced but Of course there could be other areas of the stadium that are also damaged/taken which doesn't belong to Sandhu. I'm struggling to see how this situation now regarding Brandon Estates involving the police (if true) is Hortons fault? Brandon Estates wouldn't want him signing a deal with Sandhu if they have concerns over the state of the site. They all need their heads banging together.

Also pretty much confirms Sandhu isn't part of Brandon Estates unless it's an elaborate plan!

Edited by woz01

I side with the pessimists but I hope this could be a move by Brandon Estates and Horton to prompt Sandhu to get his finger out and start repairing the damage and restoring the equipment. That is, I hope, the case butI clutching at straws I fear.