British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

That's good of Greg, considering he couldn't give 2 stuffs about the British leagues. :neutral:

• Like 3

Latest suggestion in the Coventry Evening Telegraph suggests that Mick Horton is speculating Sunday afternoon National League speedway is the way to go. As one who attended Natiional League matches at Coventry last season I don't believe this would work it might keep the Bees name going but sadly there wouldn't be enough support and it would fail. Call me a pessimist if you want the numbers attending to support the Storm were low indeed. I appreciate all the hard work Jeff Davies and his group are pursuing but Nationsl League is not the way to go it would be a financial disaster.

The attendances may be lower but the expenses would also be lower. Its a matter of getting the balance right which wont be easy.

Would it be worth Coventry forming a Championship/NL level team and stage a couple of "home fixtures" this season at Leicester?

Maybe in July/August on weekends the Lions are not at home?

Probably would need generosity on the part of the Beaumont Park landlord, however!

• Like 1

What makes you say that?

, Love him or loath him .it seems the only person Brandon estates are interested in doing a deal with Is Horton , having put their faith in Sandhu save cov bees are outside looking in just like Sandhu

• Like 1

Would it be worth Coventry forming a Championship/NL level team and stage a couple of "home fixtures" this season at Leicester?Maybe in July/August on weekends the Lions are not at home?Probably would need generosity on the part of the Beaumont Park landlord, however!

i think that it's a great shame that the challenges matches seem to have come to a halt. The turnout at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and to a lesser extent at Poole shows the support is there. I know we have Leicester and Rye House to come but it would be advantageous for the cause for visits to Kings Lynn and Belle Vue maybe along with any other fixtures that could be accommodated. Last weeks match at Leicester v Rye House was enjoyed by a number of Bees fans who enjoyed seeing NINE ex Bees on show. There are plenty of riders who could be called on for these challenges and would be good to see the likes of Ben Barker, Robbo, Ricky Wells along with the already used guys to make up the numbers let's hope that as the season goes on we can see the Bees on track on a regular basis and a return permanently in 2018.finally, nice to see D J Chris Simpson at Leicester last week amongst the faithfull!
  • Like 1

i think that it's a great shame that the challenges matches seem to have come to a halt. The turnout at Peterborough, Wolverhampton and to a lesser extent at Poole shows the support is there. I know we have Leicester and Rye House to come but it would be advantageous for the cause for visits to Kings Lynn and Belle Vue maybe along with any other fixtures that could be accommodated. Last weeks match at Leicester v Rye House was enjoyed by a number of Bees fans who enjoyed seeing NINE ex Bees on show. There are plenty of riders who could be called on for these challenges and would be good to see the likes of Ben Barker, Robbo, Ricky Wells along with the already used guys to make up the numbers let's hope that as the season goes on we can see the Bees on track on a regular basis and a return permanently in 2018.finally, nice to see D J Chris Simpson at Leicester last week amongst the faithfull!

I was there as a Bees supporter and despite the ''track'' problems I loved watching speedway again and the presence of Bees fans was obvious to see. I do like to take my dog (4 legged version) with me but can't attend Rye House for that reason -- Belle Vue is the same. Are dogs allowed at King's Lynn?

• Like 1

I was there as a Bees supporter and despite the ''track'' problems I loved watching speedway again and the presence of Bees fans was obvious to see. I do like to take my dog (4 legged version) with me but can't attend Rye House for that reason -- Belle Vue is the same. Are dogs allowed at King's Lynn?

yes they are

• Like 1

That made me laugh fliss. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

What makes you say that?

The silence from the group since his announcement perhaps, has contact been made with Mick, as surely he would be a key addition to the group?

If Mick is on board, can funding be raised to purchase new seats, lighting etc as the groups aims now need to be amended slightly, there is a promoter / owner on board to run the club, there's a stadium sitting empty, it requires some TLC, but its there, so whats required now to bring it all together?

Does Mick have plans to raise funding, what are Micks plans for the future... Before Micks announcement the group was visible and had done some great work, since then not so much.

Its not a criticism, just an opinion from an outsider.

Edited by Sir Jasper

The silence from the group since his announcement perhaps, has contact been made with Mick, as surely he would be a key addition to the group?

If Mick is on board, can funding be raised to purchase new seats, lighting etc as the groups aims now need to be amended slightly, there is a promoter / owner on board to run the club, there's a stadium sitting empty, it requires some TLC, but its there, so whats required now to bring it all together?

Does Mick have plans to raise funding, what are Micks plans for the future... Before Micks announcement the group was visible and had done some great work, since then not so much.

Its not a criticism, just an opinion from an outsider.

Mick hasn't got any money that's why he is trying to gate crash the save Cov group we don't want Horton anywhere near Cov
  • Like 2

Mick hasn't got any money that's why he is trying to gate crash the save Cov group we don't want Horton anywhere near Cov

Are you part of the group?

I'm obviously aware of the anti Horton sentiment held in some quarters, hence my original comment of them perhaps having the wind taken from the sails.

Are you part of the group?

I'm obviously aware of the anti Horton sentiment held in some quarters, hence my original comment of them perhaps having the wind taken from the sails.

I am not part of the group but I have known David Row for many years stood with a group of us on the second bend for a long while

great , so assuming you get your wish and Horton is nowhere near cov , you'll have the finance and of course the contact within Brandon estates who will deal with Sandhu's compadre's , alls well then ,Look forward to you signing the lease in the next few weeks

• Like 3