British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2017

Swap Watt for King then I think that should be the team! :D

Why would Coventry sign Watt? Batchelor, Schlien & Bjerre are on low averages, potentially for their ability. But are very much damaged goods. Batchelor except for about a season 10 years ago as #8 has had no association with the Bee's, he has been very critical of the Brandon Stadium track on Sky Sports many times. Schlien & Coventry have a sordid history & Bjerre has in his long career never had any association with the Speedway Club. I cannot see any of those rides being in the declared Bee;s team for 2017.

I cannot see any of those riders being in the declared Bees team for 2017.

Thank goodness for that. :lol: I hope you are right. Watt and Batchelor ~ my worst nightmare. :o

• Like 2

Why would Coventry sign Watt?.

Cos it would annoy certain Coventry fans and be funny especially when you throw Batch in as well :D It would be for my own amusement tbh.

A HUGE no thank you to Watt --- wash your mouth out Lisa or let him sign for Poole. :lol:

:D He can come back if he has sorted his stuff out!
  • Like 1

Why would Coventry sign Watt? Batchelor, Schlien & Bjerre are on low averages, potentially for their ability. But are very much damaged goods. Batchelor except for about a season 10 years ago as #8 has had no association with the Bee's, he has been very critical of the Brandon Stadium track on Sky Sports many times. Schlien & Coventry have a sordid history & Bjerre has in his long career never had any association with the Speedway Club. I cannot see any of those rides being in the declared Bee;s team for 2017.

Oh come on Col, anyone can see if Watt replaced King in that side even Scunthorpe would probably have a field day.

Coventry need Jonsson in my opinion.

Hugh Skidmore is just the best speedway name any man could have been blessed with.

Is this sort of team still going to be 17/18 quid to watch surely not.

It is obvious this is going to be the case for many teams next season as the discussions and outcomes of the AGM means that we will have promotions needing to charge to these admission prices with considerably lower outgoings to be viable so it was always going to inevitable.

Jonsson confirmed he isn't doing Britain next season.

I think he confirmed that before the end of the last season.

Oh come on Col, anyone can see if Watt replaced King in that side even Scunthorpe would probably have a field day.

I think you'll find the suggestion of Watt signing for Coventry was not mine.

Im serious about AJ

HERE IS THE LINK - INTERVIEW GIVEN ON 11-11-2016

http://www.espeedway.pl/news,andreas_jonsson_ipolska_i_szwecja_priorytetemi,84637,12.html​

Andreas Jonsson: Poland and Sweden top priority

Already I decided that giving up the English league. I will focus only on the league Polish and Swedish. - He says.

Classic stuff

Not Found

The requested URL /news,andreas_jonsson_ipolska_i_szwecja_priorytetemi,84637,12.html​ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Like 1

Classic stuff

Not Found

The requested URL /news,andreas_jonsson_ipolska_i_szwecja_priorytetemi,84637,12.html​ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Try this one instead.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/645371/zamiast-anglii-bedzie-dania-andreas-jonsson-podpisal-kolejny-kontrakt

Sorry the link is in Polish but I have Google translate on the whole website as this is by far the best site for up to date Speedway news. Even Chris Harris's move to Rye House was on their before midnight last night.

• Like 1

Try this one instead.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/645371/zamiast-anglii-bedzie-dania-andreas-jonsson-podpisal-kolejny-kontrakt

Sorry the link is in Polish but I have Google translate on the whole website as this is by far the best site for up to date Speedway news. Even Chris Harris's move to Rye House was on their before midnight last night.

Thanks.

From Bees website:

COVENTRY Speedway are saddened to hear of the passing of long-time steward Tony Anderson.

Tony was the father of Chris Anderson, who of course has worked extensively with several riders over the years at Brandon.

Many supporters will have known Tony from his time with the club as a steward, and we send our condolences to all of his family and friends.

Funeral details are to be confirmed but will appear here when known.

_________

Sad news - but still no mention of the passing of Tom Ridley

I know some fans are worried that we've not announced any signings yet but I wouldn't worry (yet). At least riders I would like in the team (Fricke, Kylmakorpi, Schlein and Bates) haven't been named in any premiership side yet.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1