British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Rye House Pl Sunday 17 July 2016

To be honest why did we announce Rene Bach was in the 4s if we hadn't got it ratified it is a grade A shambles yet again you want all teams to be able to field there strongest at there disposal.

But yet again the rag tag rules in place dilute another PL showpiece event not just for Glasgow but other teams also we should hold a referendum on ousting the BSPA they seem to create problems when there is no problems to be had.

The sooner an outside body runs the sport for the benefit off the sport the better off we shall all be.

And lastly why run this in World Cup week absolutely idiotic how many balls up do this mob have to make before someone starts to question what they are actually doing to help the sport.

• Like 2

Put simply if he isn't riding I'm no going!

Genuinely, the paying public should know who is riding.

Decisions may well be made by some on whether or not to travel.

Amateurs running our sport I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Bach will be riding for Glasgow at Peterborough this weekend,

Thank you. I wind up people just like everyone else but when it comes to making decisions about going to meetings I think mischief making is out of order. the sport needs all the fans it can get. the 4s could generate much needed funds for clubs as its a shared event. we should all be trying to make sure it works and that it attracts as big a crowd as possible. It will only do that if its promoted properly and fans are given the right info. I just hope you are right Pogo1

What he usually does, just gate and go. One of the biggest GT's in British speedway

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would apparently criticise someone who is a good gater.

Obviously the objective of speedway is to finish first.

If you're a good gater then this dramatically increases the chances of you successfully accomplishing that which you are being paid to do.

It's like the daft criticism of Kris Boyd "he's not a very god footballer..............he only scores goals"

Doh!!

Of course, as a paying supporter, I'd rather see the likes of Sir Les miss the gate the pass the three other guys in front of him, lap after lap. This is a professional serious extremely dangerous sport it's not WWE.

Being in front, as quickly as possible, makes it safer for life and limb also.

Richard has shown that he is a good team player too, shepherding less lights.

• Like 3

I'm at a loss as to why anyone would apparently criticise someone who is a good gater.

Wasn't a criticism

This is a professional serious extremely dangerous sport it's not WWE.

Some serious injuries occur in the WWE. Career threatening and even a death during one of the shows Edited by Shads

Wasn't a criticism

Some serious injuries occur in the WWE. Career threatening and even a death during one of the shows

So "one of the biggest GT in the PL" wasn't a criticism or a dig on your part?

You're actually complimenting Richard on being a good gater, thanks for clarifying.

I acknowledge that WWE is potentially dangerous.

I am differentiating between Sports Entertainment and a proper unrehearsed sport.

The primary objective of WWE is entertainment.

The primary objective of speedway is to win and to be paid, not primarily to entertain.

If you are a good gater then you've a better chance of winning and being paid.

So "one of the biggest GT in the PL" wasn't a criticism or a dig on your part?

You're actually complimenting Richard on being a good gater, thanks for clarifying.

Make your mind up. You seem confused

The primary objective of speedway is to win and to be paid, not primarily to entertain.

So what's the point of the ridiculous kiddies races at Glasgow?

Edited by Shads