British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Edimburgh Ko Cup Sunday 31 July 2016

Cyclone got put in his place by lucifer sam. lol thats the last we will here from him on this thread...hopefully. Scotsman doesn't think winning trophies is important anymore.

Sam the bam's dummy is out his pram...riding for Edinburgh has finally got to him.

Oh and you's got pumped.

• Like 1

Was just a case of when the rain started , Edinburgh didn't fancy it . None more so than heat 11 when Masters and M Riss gated and the Tigers pair breezed past them , then Masters toured round in his own time . Thought that you could get excluded for not making a bona fida attempt to race . But Edinburgh's unprofessionalism apart , that was a really solid and impressive performance by the Tigers today , and surely a 24 point lead is defendable , even at the Dump

• Like 4

all the shenanigans at ht 12 trying to get the match abandoned

Not seen gamesmanship like that for many years. Funny how Harkess couldnt be located in the pits when a replacement had to be nominated for Riss. MacGregor was wise to it thankfully.

Just shows the self appointed moral high ground they proclaim are just the same as everybody else and will attempt to manipulate situations when circumstances require it.

• Like 2

I have to say I feel the need for a rest from winning so many trophies over the past couple of seasons - it's fair worn me out!

So just the odd one every season will suit me fine for a year or two till I get my strength back!

Totally humped the Monarchs and still moaning. You have a good team Glasgow. Celebrate that. Seems to be a bit after the Lord Mayors show with some of the Edinburgh boys. Points make prizes boys. Get back on the treadmill, quickly please.

Not seen gamesmanship like that for many years. Funny how Harkess couldnt be located in the pits when a replacement had to be nominated for Riss. MacGregor was wise to it thankfully.

Just shows the self appointed moral high ground they proclaim are just the same as everybody else and will attempt to manipulate situations when circumstances require it.

And they got what they deserved they were really clutching at straws at that point they were like a punch drunk boxer on the ropes and didn't know what way to turn next it was a joy to behold.

• Like 1

We simply were not very good today at all. Didn't start that great then the rain came and we just didn't fancy it in the slightest. Tie over as I don't see us pulling 24 points back.

The money has run out. You cant buy any more Trophies Scotsman

What's your excuse then as you have millions and still can't win a thing.

• Like 2

Still spouting the same one-eyed nonsense, I see.

NL does not priority over the PL; it's simply that Edinburgh were instructed by someone within the BSPA that the NL meeting took priority, even though it shouldn't. The SCB statement simply made reference to Edinburgh being instructed; it doesn't back it up with reference to a rule, since the rules say the opposite.

There are no Doubling Up rules between the NL and the higher leagues - section 16 is therefore invalid. Rule 19.9.3 is quite clear on the matter.

There's surely far more case for a facility for an injured rider, rather than a rider riding in a lesser-priority meeting.

As usual, the rules have been applied in Edinburgh's favour in both instances. Nothing new there, then :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

I'm not sure that's correct, Rob. Section 16 clearly refers to the NL several times - indeed it is stated under 16.1.2. If it didn't apply to the NL, it wouldn't be there. Where you are right is that 19.9.3 is very clear.

Looks to me that we have 2 rules that can directly contradict each other, so adjudication is required.

I have no issue with that with two proviso's : the first is that the person making the decision is named and provides an explanation for the decision, and the second is that if the same circumstances occur again the same decision is made.

Neither of those have been satisfied.

The fact that Ayres is injured allows for a guest - it is not a 'no facility'. As such, Davey should have been allowed to take his place (and I'd agree injury is a far more persuasive reason for allowing a replacement of similar ability).

So we return to the usual SCB/BSPA decision making: inconsistent, irresponsible, unjustified. That's simply not good enough :angry:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Was just a case of when the rain started , Edinburgh didn't fancy it . None more so than heat 11 when Masters and M Riss gated and the Tigers pair breezed past them , then Masters toured round in his own time . Thought that you could get excluded for not making a bona fida attempt to race . But Edinburgh's unprofessionalism apart , that was a really solid and impressive performance by the Tigers today , and surely a 24 point lead is defendable , even at the Dump

Seem to remember Arthur Browning coasting round on last lap with only 3 riders in race was excluded for malingering at the showground representing Birmingham in late 70's or early 80's. So yes you are correct unless there has been a rule change.

• Like 1

Wouldn't really have made any difference to the tie if Sam had been excluded.

Tie is over.

But Somerset will win the next round.

Somerset are the best 1-6 in the PL IMO and we'll enjoy seeing them nonetheless.

I thought Michael Max did Trent a dis-service today talking about his best heat. Im certain it was he and Christian Henry in a ht8 against Newport who scored an against all odds 5-1 against Frank Smart golden double and Craig Watson golden double tactical substitute in a moment of Neil Street managerial madness!

Edited by MD

Doing all the ground work first, only their second year. How many years did it take you to win your first trophy. Two finals in first year and still in all competitions this year not bad i would say

If I'm not mistaken Campbell & Harkess took over in 1986 - so 17 years before they managed to win their first league championship. I have a feeling that the Facennas will do it a bit quicker than that.

Edited by Pep
  • Like 4