British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Edimburgh Ko Cup Sunday 31 July 2016

Just adds fuel to the flame , let's go out and put the tie to bed on Sunday and make the second leg irrelevant . No point getting into the rights and wrongs of the Mitchell Davey thing , Edinburgh got away with it at Scunthorpe , the BSPA have obviously decided that the manipulation wont happen again .

Bollocks, Edinburgh did not get away with it,

The reason they were permitted to use Davey was because in the case Doubling Up rider, where there is a clash of fixtures, an original NL match does take priority over a re-arranged PL fixture, and the SCB regs clearly state that the PL side will be entitled to a Guest Facility as per 18.10 d).

This is a different situation where you are looking at replacing an injured #7.

I do not know why Glasgow were not permitted to use Davey as a Guest Replacement for Ayres, but it appears they are applying 18.10 e) in this case.

Already the Possilpark Paranoid Brigade are insinuating the Monarchs received special treatment which was not the case.

Still any reason to have a jealous dig at the reigning PL Champions.

The reason they were permitted to use Davey was because in the case Doubling Up rider, where there is a clash of fixtures, an original NL match does take priority over a re-arranged PL fixture, and the SCB regs clearly state that the PL side will be entitled to a Guest Facility as per 18.10 d).

I do not know why Glasgow were not permitted to use Davey as a Guest Replacement for Ayres, but it appears they are applying 18.10 e) in this case.

Already the Possilpark Paranoid Brigade are insinuating the Monarchs received special treatment which was not the case.

Why would Glasgow only be allowed a NL guest when Ayres is quite clearly concussed, he's not pulling a sickie I unfortumately had to watch Wethers' front wheel go into the back of Danny's head on Wednesday

I dont detect on this thread that it is anti Edinburgh more frustration with the inconsistent lack of application of the rules.

If Davey isnt eligible to ride for GLA tomorrow then fine but an official statement from the powers that be as to why and what rule prevents it would quash most of the discussion here but thats not going to happen for reasons that have been long debated.

Aye they did if i were Rob Godfrey i would be asking for a full explanation as to

A. Why was he allowed to ride in the first place.

B. Why is he not allowed to ride as a guest for Glasgow.

C. Why was the protest upheld in Edinburgh's favour given the latest in dubious decisions.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs the way the BSPA go about there decision making process is an absolute joke Edinburgh pulled a fast one and got away with it fair play but it will always raise the conspiracy theorists on here as to why they get away with it more than any other team historically.

Answers on a very large postcard but i think most off us already know the answer to that one.

BTW i don't come from Possilpark does that mean i am exempt from paranoia.

Why would Glasgow only be allowed a NL guest when Ayres is quite clearly concussed, he's not pulling a sickie I unfortumately had to watch Wethers' front wheel go into the back of Danny's head on Wednesday

That is just an irrelevant inconvenience for some with blue & gold specs because everybody on here is anti Edinburgh apparently well at least they got something right.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

Still spouting the same one-eyed nonsense, I see.

NL does not have priority over the PL; it's simply that Edinburgh were instructed by someone within the BSPA that the NL meeting took priority, even though it shouldn't. The SCB statement simply made reference to Edinburgh being instructed; it doesn't back it up with reference to a rule, since the rules say the opposite.

There are no Doubling Up rules between the NL and the higher leagues - section 16 is therefore invalid. Rule 19.9.3 is quite clear on the matter.

There's surely far more case for a facility for an injured rider, rather than a rider riding in a lesser-priority meeting.

As usual, the rules have been applied in Edinburgh's favour in both instances. Nothing new there, then :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

Probably best that was called at ht14, Masters temper was starting to get the better of him. The 0131 were desperately trying to stem the tide throughout the meeting but 2 race wins and no heat advantages added to no TR facility made it very one sided.

Monarchs attempts to delay the meeting at the start of ht12 backfired as MacGregor got their measure and excluded Riss E when Clegg should have gone having been a full bike length back from the tapes long after the 2 mins expired and refusing to move forward.

Lunna was immense on his return and Luke Chessell looks like he could have got himself a PL place for the next month. Hopefully GLA are through to the next round but you just never know at Arma.

• Like 5

Well that is what you would call a right royal pumping 24 points which could have been nearer 30 if it hadn't been cut short and Richie hadn't been excluded after Wolbert touched the tapes. Special mention to Nike brilliant performance from one so young his pass on Fisher in Ht 14 was top drawer.

For Edinburgh stand outs for them was the rain at ht 12 and there Mascot who was jumping about as if they were winning someone should have told him Edinburgh were the ones always finishing 3rd & 4th.

you can but dream lol

4 points isn't out the question, but a 20 point lead ??

No i apologize you were right 24 points it was and should have been more what a really poor Edinburgh side that was today.

Edited by Gazc

Happy with the result and apart from the rain it was a good meeting. It should be enough to take us through. Lunna at #6 has been phenomenal.

Not really sure what all the aggro was about, but Masters doesn't seem to do himself any favours when he gets involved.

• Like 2

Just on the Sam Masters thing is why he felt the need to gesture to the Glasgow support only he will know especially with children in that area had to explain to my 7 year old he was just waving when he asked why they were booing him for the gesture.

Had to think who the child was for a minute but Sam the Bam won that hands down needs to really grow up at some point surely.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Happy with the result and apart from the rain it was a good meeting. It should be enough to take us through. Lunna at #6 has been phenomenal.

Not really sure what all the aggro was about, but Masters doesn't seem to do himself any favours when he gets involved.

Masters is now a WC finalist so everyone should accommodate his every whim.

• Like 2

Stuffed.

But hopefully all safe.

It's a mickey mouse competition anyway!!

Its easy to call it a Mickey Mouse Cup, especially when your on your way out, if, and its a big if Edinburgh manage to turn it round I take it will become important again.

• Like 3

A definite chink in his armour. There is no point gesturing to the referee from the track, as if he's expected to interpret what it is, get back to the pits and get the TM to communicate on your behalf. Extending his middle finger to the crowd, superb, confirmed he was rattled and all of his own doing.

• Like 2

Forgot to mention how good was it on how well the Edinburgh Management and a certain rider were taking the lesson handed out today and all the shenanigans at ht 12 trying to get the match abandoned thought Stewart was going to have a fit i have never seen him so animated.

But it really was a joy to watch seeing them so rattled GIRUY.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1