British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Wolves Friday 15th July

Only just got in so shocked to see the scoreline and when Clegg top scores you know something is truly wrong.

Schlein as expected is way short on fitness but that doesn't excuse the poor performances from the rat - bar Max.

I don't know what to say about this one. I have said many times on here that you nearly always get entertaining Speedwáy when Wolves are at Lakeside but it just didn't happen for them tonight.

If the top end had shown the spirit of Max Clegg it would likely have been a great match but the higher up the order you look the more lacklustre they seemed. It was clear from heat 1 the spark wasn't there.

The root of the problem seems to be with Lindgren. Now I like Freddie, he is a nice bloke and a class rider but he reall y wasn't with it tonight. This is a rider who was virtually unbeatable at Lakeside until the recent past, yet not only was he beaten by Lewis Kerr, he came out on a t/r and was not only passed by Nilsson but he was trailing him by half the length of the straight by the end of the race. In heat 13 he wasn't even on the pace, miles behind. Worse than that, he was constantly on the wrong line, stuck in no mans land.,This is not the Fast Freddie of old. He somehow doesn't seem to have the old hunger any more.

PK still looks class on the bike but he has nothing left to prove and understandably he is not going to bust a gut at this stage of his career. It really says it all though when Wolves are putting a reserve out in heat 15.

Finally Kim Nilsson. Since joining Lakeside from Newport 6 years ago he has progressed slowly, inch by inch, race by race, from reserve to second string to heatleader. His first paid 18 was notable not only because it was his first but because he pulled out a reall class performance as Tony Ellis has said. He rode with the sort of confident, flawless, immaculate professionalism one would normally associate with someone like Leigh Adams. A great effort.

• Like 2

I could not have been more wrong with my prediction, AJ, Edward and Kim were really on it last night, Lewis B tried as always but sometimes was in the wrong place at the wrong time, still a little cause for concern with the reserves but it was announced Ben Morley will be getting a chance soon.

Seems Lewi Kerr is no longer with revolution speedway?

Freddie looked extremely ordinary tonight (perhaps he was bored) - almost to the point of disinterested.

Now that Lewis Kerr has switched back to GM's - his performance has improved considerably and will probably improve when he gets his set up perfected for his 'new' engine.

All of the Hammers' top four seemed to be on fire tonight with Kim Nilsson looking majestic.

Sounds as if our No. 8 may get some outings, at home in the meetings to come.

The Wolves reserve pairing were good value for money.

Your comment on Kerr very interesting he has switched to GM, can you tell me if he his still on revolution chassis ?

Your comment on Kerr very interesting he has switched to GM, can you tell me if he his still on revolution chassis ?

The answer is that I don't know. He has parted company with 'Revolution' and someone told me he had reverted to GM engines.

Agree with everything said about Freddie. To see the guy who busts a gut in the GPs looking like someone who is just turning up to fulfil the fixture was dissappointing.

I think after spending years with SKY Kelvin has learned to be a diplomat. He knows what not to say in interviews. I'd love to see Robert Mear make a modest leap in performance at home but it just doesn't happen. And to see his mechanic topping up the fuel on his spare bike and not noticing it going straight on the floor doesn't instil much confidence. :oops:

If Southend's finest gets a chance that'll please the interviewer at least but he couldn't seem to get Lewis Kerr to expand on his great joy for riding in the glorious county of Essex. Perhaps he could have asked something more searching like moving from a semi works Jawa to a GM? ;)

Could be worse, it could be a blonde one point Pole.

Yes we know Woryna sometimes scores 1 but not all the time.

Luckily we have got a good number one who scored 13 mon & 13 last night. 😉

Can excuse him a odd bad meeting when he's racking in the points in most esp with some of the racing he does.

I myself have been critical of KK in the past but he seems more commited this year. Was amazing last night even with a big meeting coming up today.

He has a huge ability but as Havvy says a lot of it is he can over think things which we saw last year.

Any news on when Wolves original no 1 Kylmakorpi is due back?

On a plus it's good to see Howarth riding better 👍🏻

Edited by mdmc82

The answer is that I don't know. He has parted company with 'Revolution' and someone told me he had reverted to GM engines.

He is indeed back on his own GM's. Part of the problem is that he couldn't get the Jawas out of the gate . The other problem with Jawas as could be seen with Lewis Bridger last night is that they tend to die exiting the bend . Time after time we saw Lewis pulling ahead on the straights , then looking like he was about to stop exiting the bend before coaxing it back into life and flying off down the straight again. Bridger is experienced enough to cope with that but it doesn't seem to suit Lewi Kerrs riding style. The way Kerr out gated and stayed in front of Lingren for example was something one can't imagine him doing on the Jawa. Hopefully more of this to come when the GM is fully dialled in.

I spoke LK before the meeting last night. He certainly loves it at Lakeside. I spoke to a few of the others as well, all moaning about the state of some of the tracks especially Coventry Swindon.

• Like 1

Looking at the league table can't see wolves making the play offs unless they get there acts together with teams having matches in hand.

Not quite sure how you are working that out.

The best way to look at the league table is pts gained away - pts lost at home.

Wolves +15

Belle Vue +14

Swindon +4

Lakeside +4

Poole +7

Kings Lynn -2

As such, if Wolves win their home meetings, Swindon and Lakeside would both need to gain 12pts away from home to pass them in their remaining fixtures, assuming they win their remaining home meets.

Nine meetings left. Seven at Monmore Green.

I think the home meetings will see us through to the play offs but our away form may make it difficult for us to get to the final due to it being difficult for us to win an aggregate tie.

After a few bad meetings the reserves came up trumps only for the top 4 to let us down.

Probably one of the best meetings I've seen around Arena Essex due to the Lakeside riders making passes which seemed all too easy at times on our riders when they gated.

I like Schlein but it is hard to understand why the promotion booked him as a guest when he is clearly far from fully fit.

Edited by SteveZodiac
  • Like 1

I think the home meetings will see us through to the play offs but our away form may make it difficult for us to get to the final due to it being difficult for us to win an aggregate tie.

After a few bad meetings the reserves came up trumps only for the top 4 to let us down.

Probably one of the best meetings I've seen around Arena Essex due to the Lakeside riders making passes which seemed all too easy at times on our riders when they gated.

I like Schlein but it is hard to understand why the promotion booked him as a guest when he is clearly far from fully fit.

Having two other EL matches on Friday there was only King's Lynn and Swindon from which to chose. Robert Lambert was riding for Newcastle which left just Troy Batchelor and Nick Morris as alternatives.

Having two other EL matches on Friday there was only King's Lynn and Swindon from which to chose. Robert Lambert was riding for Newcastle which left just Troy Batchelor and Nick Morris as alternatives.

Not sure that Batch or Nick would have done any better than Rory. Troy has never really done much in the past and probably wouldn't now on present form. Nick is very brave and has impressed me in the past but Rory knows the track very well and Nick at his best might have scored a point or two more but probably not much in it at best.

Contrary to what people say about Lakeside the track seems to be making a lot of dirt on the outside line these days and that's where AJ , Lewis B. and Ed are scoring a lot of points from but not many riders seem to have the confidence to be out there. Danny King does well on the outside and Holder and Paul Starke did last week but thats about it.