British Speedway Forum

Flippin' heck, I hit the buy tickets instantly the e-mail came through without any delay whatsoever, yet already the rows and seats I would have liked had gone.

Some people must be able to reserve, even before we are notified, as this is the second year running that the same thing has happened!!

Guest GiveusaB

Flippin' heck, I hit the buy tickets instantly the e-mail came through without any delay whatsoever, yet already the rows and seats I would have liked had gone.

Some people must be able to reserve, even before we are notified, as this is the second year running that the same thing has happened!!

I've bought my tickets but I couldnt seem to be able to choose my own seats? I had to have best available? I've gone for the back straight next year as opposed to bend 2 ?

Tickets booked. Suspect that the reason that some tickets get booked ahead so quickly is that some people's connections are quicker than others, mass e-mailings (such as the pre-sale notification) go out quickly (very quickly) but not all at exactly the same time thus some receive them ahead of others.

Booked hotel too. Whilst not cheap, it never is, the BSI rooms offer (link on ticket confirmation) has plenty of rooms at prices which are acceptable (in the circumstances). Booked the same hotel as this year at prices which are slightly lower for 2017. That's a result, of sorts.

Agree about only best available option and some poor auto selection given the time to log in. Tickets brought, not as good location as last year but happy. However my only slight criticism is the timing of the sale of the tickets. Why put them on sale the day before Stockholm GP when many die hard GP fans are either in Sweden or travelling there today? The FA used to do this with England tickets and that was heavy criticised and they stopped doing it.

Agree about only best available option and some poor auto selection given the time to log in. Tickets brought, not as good location as last year but happy. However my only slight criticism is the timing of the sale of the tickets. Why put them on sale the day before Stockholm GP when many die hard GP fans are either in Sweden or travelling there today? The FA used to do this with England tickets and that was heavy criticised and they stopped doing it.

Agree sat at Gatwick enroute to the Swedish capital !!
  • Like 1

Agree. Something that should be looked at in 2017

• 1 month later...
Guest GiveusaB

Speaking of which......I booked the Ibis Newport (£76) 2 nights double room (free cancellation) but then realised its my wedding anniversary and have booked a spa hotel also (nearby) give the Mrs a little luxury for a change : ) so I don't need my Ibis room ? I haven't cancelled it yet.....so if anyone wants it at £76 they are more than welcome ?

Still waiting form my confirmation email so can't look at hotels!! I've been sat over an hour for it... Not ideal when you specifically order early for that very reason! :neutral:

Then why do you bother my little flower. Just like others on here to say,,, ive booked... which is true.Big deal. One on this thread even said he'd booked before the dates were even anounced. What a load of rubbish. Whatever floats ya boat i suppose

Edited by Starman2006

• 8 months later...