British Speedway Forum

You will indeed , heard you had an entertaining time in your hotel haha , and nothing to do with me this time :drink:

Ha ha, they were great! There was a wee domestic in the room next door in the early hours of Sunday that woke us up, no idea who it was, but you could certainly hear them, or maybe it was just a bit rough sex as she did call him a "fookin beast" :lol:

• Like 1

Ha ha, they were great! There was a wee domestic in the room next door in the early hours of Sunday that woke us up, no idea who it was, but you could certainly hear them, or maybe it was just a bit rough sex as she did call him a "fookin beast" :lol:

And since wee George was in the Hilton , I can't think who the fookin beast might be lol

• Like 1

Well I enjoyed myself . Prince of Wales was enjoyable as usual , queue to get past the bag search was a pain in the arse , but better safe than sorry , though I don't think many Johnny Jihads go to the speedway , not even to Edinburgh .

As for the racing , it was a better than normal Cardiff with a worthy winner , and no Poles near me being a pain which was a bonus . Had a chuckle when they tried to charge me and Willie £6 to get in the Walkabout at the back of 10 , behave yourselves it's a pub lol .

Roll on next year .

Tried to charge me a few years ago, I said I,m not paying, so they let me in.

It's been 13 consecutive years for us. I can't honestly say I can find any particular point to moan about, apart from a terrible meal at a restaurant which we didn't pay for and has absolutely nothing to do with the Speedway. I just don't get it, they should stay at home and watch on TV. Of course nothing will be perfect, it never is, but I loved it, always do!

:lol:

Ha ha my first ever visit to the Walkabout and the last, wtf is the fuss about that place? Don't get that either. I didn't pay though, himself had all the cash and we'd mislaid him, so Shawn paid for me .Well, that's what I told him anyway :P:D

See you next year, if not before

Me too, the Walkabout is a dump.

• Like 2

Re this years attendance, you don't have to be a mathematician to work it out, stadium Full to capacity 75,000, 1/2 full 37,000, now is there anyone that was there or seen it on BT that would say that Stadium was 1/2 full? Absolutely no way

• Like 1

Re this years attendance, you don't have to be a mathematician to work it out, stadium Full to capacity 75,000, 1/2 full 37,000, now is there anyone that was there or seen it on BT that would say that Stadium was 1/2 full? Absolutely no way

THINK you can make a better estimate when you are actually there.

• Like 1

The top tier on the pits straight was empty bar a couple of rows, the 2nd bend corner seats were completely empty, I was sitting just before the 3rd bend and that was half empty. The posh seats weren't all full, there were other areas but can't remember ......

It was over half full. The backstraight plus bends 3 and 4 were pretty much full. As was the lower and middle tier all that way around so that's over half.

And the capacity is only 62k for speedway anyway.

Speedway fans really can't do maths can they?

Empty eh?

https://twitter.com/steph_jane_webb/status/889418776520863744

So assuming there was NOBODY on bends 1&2 and the backstraight that photos must show 20-25k. So easily 15-20k people in the bottom two tiers on bends 1&2 and the backstraight.

I did a head count coming in and there were 39,437 plus Willie and wee George were still at the bag search bit fighting with a steward for their carry out .

• Like 3

I did a head count coming in and there were 39,437 plus Willie and wee George were still at the bag search bit fighting with a steward for their carry out .

Didn't see Wee George or Chuds all weekend. Winner! ;):D

Edited by Jacques

Didn't see Wee George or Chuds all weekend. Winner! ;):D

Both were in the Prince of Wales , probably before you arrived , but I spoke with both of them .

Id give up SCB they want to somehow try and prove that there was a crap crowd and SGP is on decline. Sad really.

No SCB thinks he knows it all. But he doesn't.

It's usually revealed in the after meeting press conference - it certainly was in the days when i was helping at the gp... Phil Rising may be able to confirm if it still happens now.

Oh you help at the GP as well. What else do you do..

First time back to British GP in three years and I can't imagine going through another similar Cardiff-free streak again. Absolutely loved it. Found cheap city centre accommodation (won't reveal my sources!), snagged some pit passes, great tickets, fantastic atmosphere inside and outside the stadium and some cracking racing (I'd have it in the top three all-time at Cardiff). 2018? Count me in! :D

Edited by falcace
  • Like 4