British Speedway Forum

Does anyone agree that we might get the Grand Prix dates after this weekend at Belle vue, surely it's not big enough for a Grand Prix audience.

Personally think an English gp would sell our and have no detrimental impact on Cardiff. 12000 (?) is more than most gps get, an excellent race track and presume with the limited number of seats you could charge a premium and easily sell out.

Guest GiveusaB

Personally think an English gp would sell our and have no detrimental impact on Cardiff. 12000 (?) is more than most gps get, an excellent race track and presume with the limited number of seats you could charge a premium and easily sell out.

Grand Prix has to stay in Cardiff IMO......having just attended the WTC, Manchester/Belle Vue doesnt come close to the Cardiff weekend IMO (yes, better race track, but not enough capacity? risk of rain off? Cardiff, head and shoulders above Manchester as a City !!!...... I think this debate is on another thread? Charge a premium??? why would the average speedway fan want to be cxharged a premium??? The world's money mad already....what about the working class fan? Speedway's a family sport, not a Premier League football sport!

Guest GiveusaB

In no way was I suggesting it replace Cardiff, that's why I stated English gp and that it wouldn't IMHO impact on Cardiff attendances.

What I meant by premium was that you could possibly charge more than Cardiff for the cheapest seats - 40quid maybe- and still sell out the meeting.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

2 British Gps would be appealing.

Cardiff, head and shoulders above Manchester as a City !!!

I thought I was just being biassed in thinking this.

We spent Sat AM wandering round the Arndale centre / Piccadilly area and notwithstanding that there was so much construction going on the whole area seemed disjointed with little beyond the usual chains of shops. Maybe we tried the wrong part of Manchester, but we did feel that Cardiff's compact city centre had far more buzz and life to it.

Niamh

• Like 1

Cardiff is a great city to visit for a sports event, compact and a real "buzz" about the place. Only real downside of course is the price of accommodation.

We paid £140 a night for a hotel in Manchester for 3 of us. I'm not sure theres that much in it., if you want a decent hotel in a decent location you pay for it. If you're in a hotel in the centre of Cardiff you don't have to pay to get too/from the stadium either, thats another £30ish over the weekend for busses in Manchester.

We paid £140 a night for a hotel in Manchester for 3 of us. I'm not sure theres that much in it., if you want a decent hotel in a decent location you pay for it. If you're in a hotel in the centre of Cardiff you don't have to pay to get too/from the stadium either, thats another £30ish over the weekend for busses in Manchester.

Doesn't Manchester have anything like the oystercard for public transport if it hasn't it probably should.

Manchester and Cardiff are chalk and cheese.Managed to stop 5 minutes walk from the stadium in Manchester for £65 a night. Impossible to do that in Cardiff.You can get a Travelodge in Cardiff most weekends for £35 ,your looking at £125 on GP weekend. No other city maybe Edinburgh inflates their prices for event weekends like Cardiff

Manchester and Cardiff are chalk and cheese.Managed to stop 5 minutes walk from the stadium in Manchester for £65 a night. Impossible to do that in Cardiff.You can get a Travelodge in Cardiff most weekends for £35 ,your looking at £125 on GP weekend. No other city maybe Edinburgh inflates their prices for event weekends like Cardiff

And who wants to stay 5 minutes from the stadium?

I'm not knocking Manchester or the NSS but Cardiff wins hands down as a location. You can shop, eat, drink and watc the speedway all within 10 minutes walk. Manchester can't offer you that.

And who wants to stay 5 minutes from the stadium?

I'm not knocking Manchester or the NSS but Cardiff wins hands down as a location. You can shop, eat, drink and watc the speedway all within 10 minutes walk. Manchester can't offer you that.

Ask all those who have to stop at Newport,Bridgend,Caerphilly because they can't get a room in Cardiff if they would like to stay 5 minutes from the stadium and the answer would be yes The point I was making was the price,you can stay in Manchester a lot cheaper than Cardiff.

Agree Cardiff is a better location overall with everything centrally located

• Like 2