British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Glasgow Tigers ( P L) - Sunday, July 10th (4pm)

Pi55 poor not to at least get a point at the PL's bottom club. I sometimes wonder that our efforts to create home track advantage with a very grippy track actually counts against us away from home where the tracks arent that way.

Glasgow's away form is going to cost them dearly if they are not careful.

I wonder if there is a feeling that maybe dropping Ben Barker for Rene Bach was not such a good idea.

For Scunthorpe, lesson for next season if you are going to retain the services of Josh Auty make sure you sign a rider that keeps him away from the number 1 position, he is so more effective when he is not riding at number 1.

• Like 5

Poverty 1

Moneybags 0

Its that old saying you can't buy success as Chelsea proved last season we really need to pick our away form up though, i am sure that are*s will be kicked after that today no dis-respect to Scunthorpe going by the updates deserved it today.

And as others have said Bach for Barker was never the way to go as i have alway's said but who knows what went on behind the scenes.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Lawson and Summers often come up short late in meetings away from home.Home form keeps them a decent average.

Today simply didnt want to mix it..ok if they trapped but when required to race-- not interested...heat 15 summed it up when a Glasgow rider couldnt be arsed to finish the race...

But fair play to Scunny on their fine win

Could be racing around the EWR all week and no one would beat Auty on that form

Glasgow's away form is going to cost them dearly if they are not careful.

I wonder if there is a feeling that maybe dropping Ben Barker for Rene Bach was not such a good idea.

For Scunthorpe, lesson for next season if you are going to retain the services of Josh Auty make sure you sign a rider that keeps him away from the number 1 position, he is so more effective when he is not riding at number 1.

What it will do is give the other contenders the upper hand confidence wise as they have the away points on the board in fact our poor away form depending on results may cost a top 6 finish at the rate we are pis*ing points away.

It is only Bach's third meeting for Glasgow though his points should be a surprise to no one. What he does have over Barker is being well prepared and has decent machinery. Shame he doesnt have the never say die attitude of BB though.

If only our marketing were as good as the team!

Bye the way, did Glasgow take back their Kevlars from Barker when they tossed him out?

I believe he sold them to someone on your side of the fence!

With a £50k plus investmwnt about to be made at the EWR id hardly call it poverty

Maybe sensible a better description?

Not when you're taking the p*ss out of Glasgow it isn't

• Like 1