British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 13/7/16 Elite Lge B

Lakeside finally turn up.

How is Bridger riding SS? He normally goes well round Wimborne Road.

Been woefull until this heat where he gated and Jonsson looked after him.

Rubbish meeting track underwatered dusty and very little racing excitement.

One wonders why this was only picked up tonight.

According to the Poole website Ellis was unavailable due to change of dates. What's going on here ? Poole change a meeting to a date they know a rider will not be available and field a six man team. Shouldn't any club that do this be subject to disciplinary action ?

• Like 1

Lakeside finally turn up.

Been woefull until this heat where he gated and Jonsson looked after him.

Rubbish meeting track underwatered dusty and very little racing excitement.

There was a time when I would be distraught at being so close to an away track and not able to go. Now reading that I am sitting thinking his glad I am I didn't bother. Can't believe I feel like it after all these years.

Not Bridgers fault though. He only gets to ride once in a blue moon, not being allowed to double down to PL while other riders on higher averages are allowed to double down. Meanwhile a Danish ex-GP rider fills a reserve berth designed to give young Brits experience. Absolutely bonkers.

• Like 4

Bad bad crash aj

Hans came from last to second aj on the third bend went cart wheeling. Sitting up. Now up hans exc. look like dryml in the GPs. Lucky to walk away. Hans looked passed him.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Poor opposition poor meeting. Track was smooth but the track staff seem too afraid to put water on it after overwatering against Belle Vue. Going around with a hosenis not good enough. We could see it was underwatered when the riders were doing their practise lap.

Not an entertaining meeting at all. A few good races when Stark missed the gate but the worst meeting at Poole this season.

As for the inbalance at reserve, Bjarne didn't look convincing at all. Slow and unsure would be how I would sum him up. Against better reserves he will be beaten.

Nasty crash by AJ on bend three when Hans passed him up the inside. Went cartwheeling. Tried to close a gap too late and Hans was already there. Clipped Hans and went spinning. As usual in these situations the rider on the inside is the one to go. Glad he wasn't hurt although it was no suprise he missed the rerun.

Three points in the bag and now onto a much tougher test on Friday. Hard to see who we can use other than Wright.

Have to say as soon as I saw it was a meeting in France, and knowing it was not an u21 champ round, I wondered how people could possibly think Poole were entitled to a facility. Zero doubt that Ford knew this, given how we are constantly told he knows the rule book inside out.

He must have figured it's against Lakeside so he can get away with it, based upon past history!

There should be a fine coming Poole's way for deliberately tracking a team of only six riders.

• Like 2

Gate an go once again at Poole, they need to address that if only for the holiday season.

Was you there then ?

Poor opposition poor meeting. Track was smooth but the track staff seem too afraid to put water on it after overwatering against Belle Vue. Going around with a hosenis not good enough. We could see it was underwatered when the riders were doing their practise lap.

Steve, the boys put plenty of water down right through the day, because it was so smooth its dried out a lot quicker than it normally would. We had quite a wind and even heavy showers this morning.

Still onwards and upwards, keep looking over ya shoulders boys, we'l be creeping up on ya.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

He must have figured it's against Lakeside so he can get away with it, based upon past history!

There should be a fine coming Poole's way for deliberately tracking a team of only six riders.

Is that the best you can do Bwitcher..Nevermind eh, you'l get over it. Go and have a counselling session with your mate Gavin... :rofl:

Is that the best you can do Bwitcher..Nevermind eh, you'l get over it. Go and have a counselling session with your mate Gavin... :rofl:

What are you wittering on about you imbecile?

Poole tried to break the rules.

Poole failed in breaking the rules.

Poole tracked a team with only six riders, therefore will, if they haven't already, be fined.

It's not rocket science.