British Speedway Forum

Peterborough V Somerset Koc Qf - Sunday 3rd July

Think Peterborough can write this season off now even with Lambert its obvious that they would still of lost this meeting , Geds done his bit making the changes he has but cant see him making anymore as its clear they wont make enough of a difference and cant see much improvement in the current team especially with the make up of the Somerset team, to think many Panthers fans were not that keen on signing Tungate

Even Robert Lambert made it back which is pretty shocking!

Onwards and upwards to Scunny and hopefully heat 14 Holub turns up.

Can we sort the speakers out? Either loud or nothing today! Also food wagon, might be a one off but come on Ged have a word with EOES and get them in more often! Great selection.

This Somerset team have to be up there with one of the strongest in premier league history? Can't see any weaknesses at all

Wajtknecht

Still would rather have Cook than Tungate..and hats off to him making it back from Italy..shows real commitment.

He wasnt an option at the begining of the season when Tungate was being thought about. Cooks not the same rider as last season in either league

One thing that annoyed me today was they gave Grondal 7 rides who was poor..it was obvious we was gonna lose early on so why not give Holub the full 7 rides instead and more track time as he has showed some impressive glimpses of what he can do IMO in the last 2 meetings.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 2

.... And we're still putting 60 past some teams home and away!

Agreed a few people around me were saying expected more from Holub and Grondal today, I said who would they beat though apart from Mountain? They couldn't answer, said exactly, they've scored what they deserved.

Agreed a few people around me were saying expected more from Holub and Grondal today, I said who would they beat though apart from Mountain? They couldn't answer, said exactly, they've scored what they deserved.

The amount of last places our top 6 have had practically all season, is staggeringly low. I'd be intrigued to know just how many they've actually had.

• Like 1

If Somerset stay injury free I cannot see anyone getting near them, They are a bloody good team and think they are going to walk the league this year.

Rye House beat them in an early PLC match at Rye by 3 points, since then they have won every other match.

• Like 1

Its a nothing meeting but so was ippo a few weeks ago and that was good so might still go...If anything just to see If we can beat the rebels for once.

I saw the nothing Ippo meeting and look how that turned out so I thought I'd go along this time just to make the numbers up. And another excellemt meeting. Must pick another nothing meeting because I'm not used to this ;)

• Like 1

Gary probably already thinking about next season.

If Gary May was thinking about Conner Mountain for next season one would have thought he would have let him have his 4 programmed rides instead of replacing him in 1 ride , with nothing at stake the meeting well sealed and although he only scored 1+1 from 3 rides he was on the pace and looked impressive if I was that lad i'd have been very disappointed and maybe it will be in his mind should Somerset come knocking for next season , that's if they get a look in , I can see him being snapped up before this season ends

• Like 1

If Gary May was thinking about Conner Mountain for next season one would have thought he would have let him have his 4 programmed rides instead of replacing him in 1 ride , with nothing at stake the meeting well sealed and although he only scored 1+1 from 3 rides he was on the pace and looked impressive if I was that lad i'd have been very disappointed and maybe it will be in his mind should Somerset come knocking for next season , that's if they get a look in , I can see him being snapped up before this season ends

Giving Jake extra rides and keeping him in good nick is much more important to us at this stage of the season.

Very young tho Shads and a great prospect. I think the team is able to accommodate him because we are going so well, if we were not maybe it would become an issue. You going Friday.

Not knocking the lad Ciff. Seen him race a few times at Rye and he hasn't impressed. I'm sure he'll work the place out, then we're really in trouble.

No, not at the pairs. Spending the evening in Cardiff attempting to drink the place dry.

Not knocking the lad Ciff. Seen him race a few times at Rye and he hasn't impressed. I'm sure he'll work the place out, then we're really in trouble.

No, not at the pairs. Spending the evening in Cardiff attempting to drink the place dry.

To be fair Wajtkneckt is a far better rider than his Rye House performances. He has been very indifferent in all three Hoddesdon appearances I've witnessed, but excellent at a variety of other tracks where I have seen him.