British Speedway Forum

Newcastle V Plymouth Premier League 3rd July 2016 At 6.30pm

kenni was a gater though, lambert has eveything and is still a yoing kid... Tai, Darcy etc i cant recall seeing anyone this good at 18.

Surely that was phillips last meeting.

Only seen at Brough, but I see what you mean, though a visit to our track is always a steep learning curve. Doubtful that Robert will be here, or indeed anywhere in this league come next season, but he is mature enough, even this early career wise, to realise he requires this experience. As to Phillips, his time here is very def. under question. Started with promise, but can he continue to maintain his bike without points winning finances to sustain per se performances, highly doubtful? Without an meaningful performance come the Scunny meeting, his days are very numbered, given a realistic replacement. A Rose Palovaara swap come the next averages will only add an extra dimension to this query.

Im "only" 31 and have seen all 3! So far the only family I've seen 3 generations riding speedway.

Newcastle had Alec "Farmer Grant 1940s/50s his son Rob Grant snr (rode for Berwick) and we had Rob Grant jnr who was Alec's grandson.

What about Neil Street, son in law Phil Crump and Jason Crump there must be loads of other dynasty's. I feel a book coming on! ;)

Pointless taking Coles to Newcastle.

Yeah well we could keep him in the bath!

Newcastle had Alec "Farmer Grant 1940s/50s his son Rob Grant snr (rode for Berwick) and we had Rob Grant jnr who was Alec's grandson.

What about Neil Street, son in law Phil Crump and Jason Crump there must be loads of other dynasty's. I feel a book coming on! ;)

or more work for your history website ;)

Plymouth put up a half decent show last night, Nielsen impressed,,, a think we need to be gifting Vic some points, as the way Lewis is going he'll soon be pushing him to reserve, and we don't want that,,,

Robert was a class act against the Devils. Does he realise how close he gets to the track record when the track is good? If he kept the throttle on when riding so far in front instead of slowing a bit, I think he could break the track record

I was greatly impressed by Lewis Rose last night. He was put under pressure in at least 1 heat and kept the gas on to hit the front. He is following his more accomplished team mates in finding an outside as well as an inside line around the bends. Lightning made a great pass on the inside in one heat, unusual as he is best on the outside isn't he?

Danny Philips has lost his confidence and he should concentrate on National League racing until he gets going again. It is not a problem dropping down, ask Steve Worrall, he dropped back down and came roaring back. I remember watching Danny in the first few matches he made decent gates and his first two bends were good. I think he has a PL future but maybe not until 2017.

The highlight of the night was Robbo falling off when doing a wheelie :rofl:

I remember Robin Dixon. He lived close to me in Winlaton a few yrs ago. I remember hearing him revving up his bikes in his back garden on a few occasions. RIP Robin

or more work for your history website ;)

Plymouth put up a half decent show last night, Nielsen impressed,,, a think we need to be gifting Vic some points, as the way Lewis is going he'll soon be pushing him to reserve, and we don't want that,,,

I have been exchanging emails with Terry Casson if anyone knows him? Terry is sending me a number of photos he took during the 1970s. More work for me Newcastle History Website RD. :lol: I am in the process of putting them on the 1970s part two page.

Edited by dantodan