British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Swindon - 17 June

3pm WEATHER UPDATE:

Having puter problems here BUT no weather problems so far and news from the track is that they have had no rain and are going for it! I expect to be at track circa 4 to 4.30pm and will update from there next UNLESS things change before my lift arrives.

• Like 1

WHOOPS SORRY PARDON! MUST remember to put my reading glasses on next time! :lol: Quickly looking for Davey's average without them I must have focussed straight away on Poole averages rather than Leicester's! :rolleyes: As you say tocha, Davey's current average is 5.40.

You should have have gone to Specsavers!

Thanks Tocha - was en route to track when phonecall came through and am now back home! For those of you who know the Dartford Tunnel approaches, as University Way was choc-a-bloc we decided to go to Princes roundabout entry and torrential rain had begun to fall as we approached Temple Hill turning and it look widespread. As luck would have it, we were just approaching junction 1A when we got the call. Had some phone calls to make first so thanks for updating this thread. Flaming June!

Edited by Bryn

22nd July is a Wednesday

Still using your 2015 calendar eh!

Swindon has first call on a couple of the Somerset riders so not 4, but a daft day to have it unless no other options.

Swindon has first call on a couple of the Somerset riders so not 4, but a daft day to have it unless no other options.

Which riders do Swindon have first call on, Grajczonek, Tungate or Wright. Also, remember Plymouth are riding as well. Where does that leave Nielsen?

Still using your 2015 calendar eh!

Which riders do Swindon have first call on, Grajczonek, Tungate or Wright. Also, remember Plymouth are riding as well. Where does that leave Nielsen?

I seem to remember Josh and Charles were mentioned and have EL preference.

Edited by A ORLOV

Track flooded following a heavy downpour about half-hour ago. New date 22nd July.

thanks Tocha and Bryn for weather updates - i took a punt on travelling to the track - got as far as Cobham Svces on the M25 when i saw the post. Oh well that's speedway and the British weather for u...
  • Like 1

I seem to remember Josh and Charles were mentioned and have EL preference.

In normal circumstances you may well be correct but bear in mind this is a re-arranged fixture, those at Somerset and Plymouth are not so they still get priority unless they can come to some sort of agreement.

• Like 1

In normal circumstances you may well be correct but bear in mind this is a re-arranged fixture, those at Somerset and Plymouth are not so they still get priority unless they can come to some sort of agreement.

Ah yes, you are correct in this case, strange that Rosco would agree to that date rather than one when most of the riders are available.

Ah yes, you are correct in this case, strange that Rosco would agree to that date rather than one when most of the riders are available.

Lakeside don't have any dates available when most Swindon riders are available.....that's why the first cancelled meeting between the two at Lakeside is pushed right back to Fri 16th September!

Lakeside don't have any dates available when most Swindon riders are available.....that's why the first cancelled meeting between the two at Lakeside is pushed right back to Fri 16th September!

Can they not race on a different night?

• Like 1

Isn't that the last date before the cut-off for the play-offs??

Hope it doesn't rain........

I'm not even sure about that. Both Somerset and Plymouth have reserved dates for play-offs. Somerset are sure to be in them so might a revitalised Plymouth.

Edited by tocha