British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Swindon - 17 June

Heavy showers expected to be hit and miss, but if the track cops one, its likely to be game over, There is an official weather warning for tomorrow as is the case with such weather, there is a risk of localised flooding.

10am WEATHER CHECK:

I'm based here just over a mile away from Dartford Crossing which I can see i.e. the Bridge from my window. Since rising from my pit at 7.30am its been cloudy but there's been no rain. Will update in 90mins or so.

10am WEATHER CHECK:

I'm based here just over a mile away from Dartford Crossing which I can see i.e. the Bridge from my window. Since rising from my pit at 7.30am its been cloudy but there's been no rain. Will update in 90mins or so.

very grateful for this Bryn as i'm planning to travel up from deepest darkest Wiltshire for this meeting. Will look out for your next bulletin!

11.45pm WEATHER UPDATE:

Pleased to report again that there's been no rain this morning since I got out of my pit at 7.30am. Haven't seen the sun as high cloud cover BUT have had patches of blue sky appearing. Looked at Met Office rainfall radar and not hint of rain short term though hourly forecast suggesting there could be showers developing but, as I've said, NO sign of any at the moment. Will update further circa 2.15pm or before if any change occurs.

• Like 1

As Lakeside have not scored less than 50 points at home, only one conclusion I'm afraid. The only way that the Robins won't lose tonight is if the weather wins. To me, Rosco missed a great chance to replace Rohan Tungate when he was on an artificially high average. There's no room for sentiment if you want to win the league & I'm afraid that he can't cut it in the main body of the team.

Any truth in the whisper that Robins may be making a change - replacing a younger Aussie with an older one??!

You tell us - you seem to know everything Davey Watt :wink: I assume the younger Aussie is Rohan?

Davey on his day would be an improvement on Rohan but sadly his scores this year don't support that.

• Like 1

Hasn't Matt told you? Being cut out of 'the loop'?

Matt's away at the moment. I was just chatting with a couple of mechanics who are twiddling their thumbs at the moment.

I was asking a question - not making a statement!! There may be nothing in it?! There were no winks or other emoticons in my post!!

You tell us - you seem to know everything Davey Watt :wink: I assume the younger Aussie is Rohan?

Davey on his day would be an improvement on Rohan but sadly his scores this year don't support that.

Watt is the point of such a change?

Matt's away at the moment. I was just chatting with a couple of mechanics who are twiddling their thumbs at the moment.

I was asking a question - not making a statement!! There may be nothing in it?! There were no winks or other emoticons in my post!!

Suggest you look up the latest EL averages on the BSPA site and bear in mind the 40 point limit as potential replacement has higher average than the one he would be replacing.

Suggest you look up the latest EL averages on the BSPA site and bear in mind the 40 point limit as potential replacement has higher average than the one he would be replacing.

Incorrect. Watt's average is 5.40, Tungate 5.65. so no problem coming in as a direct replacement.

• Like 1

Incorrect. Watt's average is 5.40, Tungate 5.65. so no problem coming in as a direct replacement.

WHOOPS SORRY PARDON! MUST remember to put my reading glasses on next time! :lol: Quickly looking for Davey's average without them I must have focussed straight away on Poole averages rather than Leicester's! :rolleyes: As you say tocha, Davey's current average is 5.40.