British Speedway Forum

Team Gb For World Cup

The bottom line is that Rosco picked the best side and nearly everyone thought it was correct before the meeting ...and at the end of the day that all that's matters no matter if they had came 1st, 2nd or last .

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

You never see Laver live in his prime then Gater? Sampras is the best player i have ever seen live would still have Laver at no1 though.

Obviously...

Increases there chances though. I see Woffinden felt it should have been gold as well though

This Poland side to be honest were not quite on it but were really strong,We were never ever going to beat them, Tai can say that after he was great but the other members did well after all of them having a dodgy start .A great result for the Brits ok the dreaded joker changed the result hate the ruling but they are the rules Britain can be well proud of themselves. Edited by Sidney the robin

Given that you think neither Cook and King should have been near the team and the compelling case you've put for picking Harris over Lambert, what team would you have picked without undermining your own considered opinions?

(undermining your own considered opinions = making yourself look a bit dim)

The world also means in addition to, i.e I would have had Harris before either of King or Cook based on the idea that scoring 5 would be acceptable for either (the post I was replying to)

I then replied to a different point saying you could also (in addition to) have made a case for him being in the side instead of Lambert on the basis of what Lambert scored – thus following up on points re the “spot on” comment.

Different points, different discussions….. it's conversation you know, I am evidently not saying it should have been Woffinden and Harris, Harris, Harris, if you are too dense to work that you more fool you (LOL dim LOL, LOL, LOL).

• Like 1

Lol!

It wasn't a trick question, what team would you have picked without undermining your own considered opinions?

You might need to think it through a bit though.

Not really, I have already said earlier in the thread who I would have picked. I would have probably went with Woffinden, Nicholls, Harris and Lambert. I feel Nicholls and Harris are both capable of scoring more than 5 on the world stage, history suggests this, form on the continent of Nicholls even this season suggests this, both, even during what is seen as “poor form” are outperforming either King or Cook and ticking more boxes IMO and neither King nor Cook really meet any kind of “for the future” criteria any more nor less than either Nicholls or Harris do.

I would have picked Lambert but as I said, you could make a case for picking Harris (in the side Rossiter picked) before him based on what Lambert scored, it was a reply to a different post speaking about that particular subject rather than King or Cook

If you are that fussed by what I am posting, just read it, you won't need to ask as many questions.

(LOL)

Edited by The Mockingjay

Sorry, in the post you suggested picking Harris over Lambert you didn't mention that it only applied to the team rossiter selected.

So you wouldn't pick Harris ahead of Lambert but you would pick Harris ahead of Lambert if someone else picked Cook and King?

Thanks for clearing it up.

Lol!

Sure, yeah, that’s what I am saying - word for word that's what I have said....

Not really, I have already said earlier in the thread who I would have picked. I would have probably went with Woffinden, Nicholls, Harris and Lambert. I feel Nicholls and Harris are both capable of scoring more than 5 on the world stage,

(LOL)

Well Harris had two cracks at scoring more than five in far weaker meetings.. he scored 5 from 5 rides in an EL fixture and 5 from 5 in the British Final. Neither meeting anywhere near the standard of the World Cup Final.

Nicholls, has been outscored by Cook around the NSS all season long. Scores for Nicholls at the NSS (most recent first) are 3,3,7,7,8,7,6. Cook reads 10,6,11,15,6,7. It's really not even close is it?

King in his two meetings at the NSS scored 7 from four in the league and of course won the British Final.

• Like 2

Well Harris had two cracks at scoring more than five in far weaker meetings.. he scored 5 from 5 rides in an EL fixture and 5 from 5 in the British Final. Neither meeting anywhere near the standard of the World Cup Final.

Nicholls, has been outscored by Cook around the NSS all season long. Scores for Nicholls at the NSS (most recent first) are 3,3,7,7,8,7,6. Cook reads 10,6,11,15,6,7. It's really not even close is it?

King in his two meetings at the NSS scored 7 from four in the league and of course won the British Final.

I personally wouldn’t base selection entirely on how riders perform on one track, even if the event is being held there, eg – what were Woffinden’s previous scores there? I appreciate it is slightly different but he had no previous on the track if that was part of any selection criteria.

I understand some may not agree with that process re not picking based on one track but I find it a slightly narrow way to look at things, more so when it is a new track where some riders (Harris or King for that matter) have had little chance to build a basis of form on it – one meeting being raced on a rain impacted track, and the other hardly being a score to scream about.

Edited by The Mockingjay

Well it wasn't word for word was it? The phrase you used when explaining under what circumstances you would have picked Harris over Lambert was 'in the side Rossiter picked' which obviously included two riders you said neither should be near the team.

You really should have the courage of your convictions instead of copping out when it suits.

Talking of which, when you said 'I have already said earlier in the thread who I would have picked.' you came up with Nicholls!

Obviously you couldn't include Cook or King but looking through the thread you haven't really banged that drum much at all for Nicholls for some reason? In fact the best case you put forward for Nicholls was that 'even Nicholls on a good night', lol!

Are you muddlo by any chance?

You do realise there are different answers and different scenarios in different situations and different replies to different posts and points yes?

Why would I “bang on about it” I have been asked what side I would pick and in both instances have replied saying I would have picked Nicholls, just referencing him at random and “banging on about it” would be a bit odd…..the post where I said I would have picked Nicholls came earlier in the thread, pages before I said King or Cook shouldn’t have been near the near side, so em yeah, grand job on that

To be fair to Mockingjay, you could put a decent argument together for the inclusion of Harris who has always raised his game for the World Cup when selected and is a better rider than Cook, Lambert or King.

Nicholls however I can't see any justification in including him at all.

• Like 1

To be fair to Mockingjay, you could put a decent argument together for the inclusion of Harris who has always raised his game for the World Cup when selected and is a better rider than Cook, Lambert or King.

Nicholls however I can't see any justification in including him at all.

Nicholls was rubbish more often than not even at his peak, even sometimes in earlier rounds. He'd have had to have been having a great season before I'd have considered him. Even with hindsight I'd have not used him.

Harris on the other hand, with hindsight couldn't have been any worse than Lambert but I said it was the right decision before the meeting and I'm going to say now that Harris wouldn't have scored 10-12 need for us to win so the experience for Lambert will be of far more use than the 2 or 3 more Harris may have scored.

Nicholls was rubbish more often than not even at his peak, even sometimes in earlier rounds. He'd have had to have been having a great season before I'd have considered him. Even with hindsight I'd have not used him.

Harris on the other hand, with hindsight couldn't have been any worse than Lambert but I said it was the right decision before the meeting and I'm going to say now that Harris wouldn't have scored 10-12 need for us to win so the experience for Lambert will be of far more use than the 2 or 3 more Harris may have scored.

But just think of the experience Lambert has gained. He will have learned a tremendous amount from this Meeting and it will stand him in good stead for the future.

I would say that sadly both Harris and Nicholls are now past the learning/improvement point.

For me, even if Lambert had scored no points at all he would have been an investment for the future - the fact that he got his three points is a bonus.

The future is Woffy and Lambert. Some were arguiing that Rosco should go for youth over experience, he did in Lambert's case and, to my mind - in picking Lambert - he got it right.

Sadly I think it is time for the old brigade to move over to give the 'young guns' a chance to develop.

EDIT: Oops!! - I just read your Post again and I have repeated your last comment SCB. Sorry about that. :oops:

Edited by The White Knight

'Bang on about' it isn't the same as 'banging the drum for' someone, lol!

When I asked you for your team I didn't expect you to say Nicholls after putting him down for most of the thread, you didn't quite put him down as far as saying he shouldn't be near the team though but it does look like a desperate attempt not to look dim.

So you're playing fantasy speedway?

Harris for Lambert if Cook and King are in the team, but they shouldnt be near the team? Nicholls if its a good day even though you dont see him as a serious game changer or a guy who springboards Team GB to a 3rd,2nd or 1st, unlike the team you said rossiter didn't get spot on?

I've no doubt that whatever the rules of fantasy or real speedway are, rossiter did in fact get it spot on and you didn't even get close.

Like a dog with a bone....a stupid dog

Hmm... Who is it with nearly double the number of posts in this thread compared to anyone else in the last few days and most of them self contradictory, ill conceived and quite stupid?

Whoever it may be is certainly very determined to show everyone how stupid they are, lol!

That advanced search feature does come in handy when looking for the answer doesn't it, ha ha!

Yeah it's definatley not clingy to count posts and crow about advanced searches.....

Don't blame me for your inability to interpret and read things brains