British Speedway Forum

Team Gb For World Cup

For the U.S.A to have to call on a rider who retired from the sport 8 years ago to make up the team, when you would think that they would be getting the young riders going to the UK or elsewhere to get time on a track that is bigger than a postage stamp.

I assume you are referring to Billy Janniro, the reigning US champion, far from retired, he races regularly stateside.

• Like 2

Surely King and Cook aren't riding in their PL matches tomorrow?

Can't see anything in the regulations that say they can't

Edit: King and Cook are scheduled to ride for their PL sides tomorrow

Edited by Danny Smith

In your opinion.

Woffinden should shoulder more of the blame/misunderstanding he is older, more experienced, according to the Tai lovers more professional and setting an example for the others......especially 18 year olds :P:D:wink::party::nono::icon_smile_clown:

Utter nonsense, come on me luv you're better than that :D:lol:

I can tell you a huge % with that tattoo are ex cons. And most massively regret it as it marks them out from society in later life.

I don't think Woffinden will worry about that but people on the street who don't have a clue who he is will draw their own false conclusions.

No doubt even more so in the 'Brexit Tory obsessed heartlands' of Dorset......particularly amongst the Daily Mail reading 'blue rinse/50 shades of grey' population, eh mate? ;)

Can't see anything in the regulations that say they can't

Edit: King and Cook are scheduled to ride for their PL sides tomorrow

In the past they wasn't allowed to ride as they've signed a contract for the SWC week. Ellis is riding for IOW (guest) too I believe.

I don't see you lambasting Lambert though....more double standards Shovlar!

Pardon🤔

You need to read back through. I have certainly lambasted Lambert ( did you see what I did there?) and think he should have been there as well.

Selective reading to make some type of point.

• Like 1

Pardon

You need to read back through. I have certainly lambasted Lambert ( did you see what I did there?) and think he should have been there as well.

Selective reading to make some type of point.

Wrong, I'll prove it....

I get it exactly. I'm just not a Tai aplogist.

If he had arranged a practice in Poland for the SWC, then it was a bit foolhardy as the actual track where the event is taking place was available to him. So rather than go all the way to Poland he could have quickly motored up the M6 to practice.

The issue is he and Lambert failed to show up at practice. In any other sporting discipline they would have been drummed out of the team snd replaced, but as teamgb are a bit short of quality thats a bit problematic.

To say he would have sussed the track in a few laps is fine. He is World Champion so has the ability. But he is also Captain of the team and therefore has the responsibility to other members of the team. Not every rider can suss the fastest way around the track, and so he could have passed on his knowledge and expertise to other members of the team.

I Will be there cheering the team on, but this could be humiliating.

The highlighted bit is your only mention of Lambert, the rest of the post is aimed at Tai.

The track will measure exactly the same. The banking will be exactly the same. There's a thing called home track advantage. Its where the home riders know the best way around it regardless of conditions. That never changes. The team could have had a full days practice together and taken advice off Cook who had ridden it more than anyone else.

By going on holiday, or having a tattoo, instead of using the facility, means that small little advantage they would have picked up is gone. They will go into the meeting with the same knowledge as every other rider, rather than knowing the quickest way around.

Really unprofessional.

Woffinden now moaning about the haters but really he brings it on himself every time. I am certainly not a hater but he frustrates the hell out of many fans.

Another post aimed SOLELY at Tai with no mention of Lambert at all.

Selective posting to make some type of point.

Game, set and match...back of the net...case conclusively proven.

Wrong, I'll prove it....

The highlighted bit is your only mention of Lambert, the rest of the post is aimed at Tai.

Another post aimed SOLELY at Tai with no mention of Lambert at all.

Selective posting to make some type of point.

Game, set and match...back of the net...case conclusively proven.

You proved nothing except that you do not read posts properly.

Who else but Lambert went on holiday?

The post was not SOLELY aimed at Tai.

Selective thinking to make some kind of point.

Case not proven.

Deuce.

• Like 1

Yep you got that right .

I know :lol:

Case not proven.

Deuce.

If you really believe that he has been equal in his lambastation on this and other threads then that's your prerogative, I however do not.

Case not proven.

Deuce.

when a post is 95% Tai 5% Lambert you could say that is all is Tai really..

with a small variable lol..

Advantage..

haha

when a post is 95% Tai 5% Lambert you could say that is all is Tai really..

with a small variable lol..

Advantage..

haha

Nope Cyclops has been called in to adjudicate and over ruled the call because of the use of the word SOLELY which he/she conveniently put in capitals so it couldn't be missed :P:D

Deuce.......New Balls

Im outta here cos tennis bored the holy sh*t out of me :D:P:nono:

Just seen Tai's new tattoo on facebook. Heard his reason for having it but to the outside world it will look like a prison tattoo

That’s a view you are imposing on people, but if they were of that mind set it is probably the reason why some are now strongly of the mind set to use statements like “f*ck what other people think".

• Like 1

I had zero idea it was linked to a 'prison tattoo'.

I'm sure the vast majority of the public have no idea also.

Not that it matters!

Same, it's why I had to google it.

Pretty sure you'll only know the meaning if you have a bit of a background to tell yourself

• Like 1