British Speedway Forum

Team Gb For World Cup

Roscoe seems happy.

Perhaps some should read this................................................

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30952

I'd happily claim my little nudge in Rosco's direction on Twitter helped push that statement through.

Gotta have a little bit of a claim to Speedway fame :lol:

Well you'd hardly expect him to say anything different.

hmm think rosco is pretty outspoken.. and if he didnt like something he would say so.. he has never been one to hold back

I'd happily claim my little nudge in Rosco's direction on Twitter helped push that statement through.

Gotta have a little bit of a claim to Speedway fame :lol:

i would also say Tai's twitter response of wait for a statement later hinted at the team manager setting the record straight lol.. maybe rosco knew Tai would go mental haha

• Like 1

hmm think rosco is pretty outspoken.. and if he didnt like something he would say so.. he has never been one to hold back

i would also say Tai's twitter response of wait for a statement later hinted at the team manager setting the record straight lol.. maybe rosco knew Tai would go mental haha

Absolutely, he shared his feelings at the start of the season when Tai turned down the GB training camp in France (I think it was).

Well he's hardly going to say he's done anything wrong, whether he has or he hasn't. I'm still supporting our team and will be pleased with a medal of any colour, but it would have looked more professional it the whole team had been together for a few days, exactly how the Poles do it. We are allowed to be critical in a constructive way and that's what I believe I've been. Anyway it's all too late now, what will be will be.

• Like 1

Absolutely, he shared his feelings at the start of the season when Tai turned down the GB training camp in France (I think it was).

he has never held back in any way... but quite rightly he has zero worries about the current world champion.. he will turn up and win races simple.. he needs little preperation for this meeting.. where as the other guys who are not so internationally experienced need to dial themselves in..

Roscoe seems happy.

Perhaps some should read this................................................

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30952

So basically the GB team manager thinks it's no big deal, the world champion thinks it's no big deal, the guys who were there think its's no big deal. But some guys on a forum are having a sh*t fit over it ?

yaaaaaawn, stop being such drama lamas

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 1

Just saw Roscoe's statement on Speedway GB . Its fair enough. He doesn't see practise as that important citing the Pole's obsession for practise and how many World Champions have they had ? Quite true but this is the World Cup not the GP and there obsessive practise has contributed to 10 medals in 15 World Cups including 6 Gold's. Just seems like a potential advantage of extended practise handed exclusivly to Team GB on a track that nobody is truly familiar has been passed up for whatever reason. Only my opinion but given our previous record in The World Cup we need every advantage we can get

• Like 4

Team Aus tried to pull a fast one tonight, when JD tried to slow down to lose his race but it did not work, if he had lost then they could have played thier joker. The fact is it is just that a big joke and well time that they stopped it and went back to using the tactial ride, the joker is so open to teams cheating.

• Like 1

So basically the GB team manager thinks it's no big deal, the world champion thinks it's no big deal, the guys who were there think its's no big deal. But some guys on a forum are having a sh*t fit over it ?

yaaaaaawn, stop being such drama lamas

So what are oyu on about?

I only Posted the 'Link' in order to try to settle things down.

Edited by The White Knight

As Rosco says, mountains and molehills. British media and fans always seem hellbent on creating a hullabaloo or two whatever the sport on the eve of tournaments, anybody would think we don't want our national teams to win anything.

Hopefully they will be left in peace for the rest of the week.

• Like 2

The reason the fans dont know any facts is because as usual they have been treated like mushrooms, which was my point. The authorities.manager/riders etc expect the fans to turn up to watch the meeting but don't seem to think they need to be told anything else. Some riders are very good at using social media to keep their fans updated some only seem to use it when it suits them Quite honestly if they are in the public eye and allow their profiles to be public they should be a bit more savvy :wink:

As for Tony Blair.....don't swear at me :P

The idea of behind closed doors practices is that it's private. Nobody needs to know who went, who didn't and why not. By announcing it, people would turn up and then there'd be a thread dedicated to how people wasted their petrol money and what a state speedway is in.

nope not really.. think he has riden in a GP with worse pain..

and we have all ready read the other thread.... the swearing bit its been done to death like the should Tai ride for GB thread..

this now is all about him not being at a practise that wasnt a practise.. but an open invitation to have a spin if he wanted.. still no Robert72.. wonder where he has gone

Robert72 is obviously very busy, which is why he didn't attend the practice that wasn't practice 😝

• Like 1

The idea of behind closed doors practices is that it's private. Nobody needs to know who went, who didn't and why not. By announcing it, people would turn up and then there'd be a thread dedicated to how people wasted their petrol money and what a state speedway is in.

Robert72 is obviously very busy, which is why he didn't attend the practice that wasn't practice

He's on holiday, Gavan recommended a nice resort to him apparently.

• Like 1

Robert72 is obviously very busy, which is why he didn't attend the practice that wasn't practice

yeh it's private so just say those who didnt turn up were actually there . should keep the supporters happy ,because we all know how stupid speedway supporters are , them idiots with a passion for speedway ,who want to see every possible effort from their riders to do their best . the result will be the same anyway ,so just lie to them and say the chosen riders gave it their all without thought for themselves