British Speedway Forum

Team Gb For World Cup

The reason the fans dont know any facts is because as usual they have been treated like mushrooms, which was my point. The authorities.manager/riders etc expect the fans to turn up to watch the meeting but don't seem to think they need to be told anything else. Some riders are very good at using social media to keep their fans updated some only seem to use it when it suits them Quite honestly if they are in the public eye and allow their profiles to be public they should be a bit more savvy :wink:

As for Tony Blair.....don't swear at me :P

With all due respect, what are you talking about…..

In the grand scheme of things it isn’t actually impacting you either way if a rider was or wasn’t at a practice session yesterday.

• Like 3

With all due respect, what are you talking about…..

In the grand scheme of things it isn’t actually impacting you either way if a rider was or wasn’t at a practice session yesterday.

this team will all get on they all dont need a team bonding session i am sure they are all grown men they all know what they need to do..

practise or not on the day they will all function as one i am sure.. all these guys will respect Tai as captain and he will do his job as captain and rally the troops..

• Like 1

A lot of people seem to be going off on one here, but where exactly have Alun Rossiter/BSPA/SCB actually said there was a team GB practise session yesterday?

I'm not even sure that any teams are allowed to hold a practise session on any of the SWC tracks once the competition has started.

The Worrall's and Craig Cook do often turn up at Belle Vue midweek for a practice, so it's no surprise if they have done so yesterday. Maybe the Belle Vue management made an open invitation for any of the GB riders to pop along too.

My guess would be that it was a case of some GB riders taking advantage of an invitation (and full credit to them if so) rather than it being other riders shunning an official practise session. Yet people like to jump on a bandwagon. It's like when someone joked that Woffinden couldn't make practice because he was having a tattoo done. Now that joke remark is being taken as fact!

• Like 3

The reason the fans dont know any facts is because as usual they have been treated like mushrooms, which was my point. The authorities.manager/riders etc expect the fans to turn up to watch the meeting but don't seem to think they need to be told anything else. Some riders are very good at using social media to keep their fans updated some only seem to use it when it suits them Quite honestly if they are in the public eye and allow their profiles to be public they should be a bit more savvy :wink:

As for Tony Blair.....don't swear at me :P

Not true. The actual reason the fans don't know any facts about this is that this was a NOT an official practice session. End of.

If Tai isn't around on Saturday for official practice then you and some others may have a point, but until then there is no issue.

COME ON THE BRITS!

• Like 3

See on Twitter Phil Lanning's sister has hit on a brilliant comparison

Tour De France winner Chris Froome was born & raised in Kenya & South Africa and competed for Kenya at U23 level and in his 1st Tour De France was competing as a Kenyan.

I wonder if Antonio Lindbäck (Brazilian) gets the same kind of stick in Sweden that Woffy gets in the UK?

Why should he? He's a Swede who rides league speedway in his own country, competes in his national championship and more than likely attends all the SWC practice sessions.

• Like 1

Why should he? He's a Swede who rides league speedway in his own country, competes in his national championship and more than likely attends all the SWC practice sessions.

:rofl: :rofl:

He's Brazilian

Jeez

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Name a SWC practice session Woffinden hasn't attended?

A lot of people seem to be going off on one here, but where exactly have Alun Rossiter/BSPA/SCB actually said there was a team GB practise session yesterday?

I'm not even sure that any teams are allowed to hold a practise session on any of the SWC tracks once the competition has started.

The Worrall's and Craig Cook do often turn up at Belle Vue midweek for a practice, so it's no surprise if they have done so yesterday. Maybe the Belle Vue management made an open invitation for any of the GB riders to pop along too.

My guess would be that it was a case of some GB riders taking advantage of an invitation (and full credit to them if so) rather than it being other riders shunning an official practise session. Yet people like to jump on a bandwagon. It's like when someone joked that Woffinden couldn't make practice because he was having a tattoo done. Now that joke remark is being taken as fact!

Agree with everything you say.

Regarding the tattoo, that part is true, Tai had tweeted yesterday he was having one done, that was one amongst a few engagements he had lined up yesterday.

He has Swedish citizenship obviously. :rolleyes:

There you go, so why isn't Lindbäck getting the same stick in Sweden?

Woffy is British with a British passport but people are still calling him out as an Aussie

• Like 1

Well pardon me for wanting the national team to do as well as they can and being concerned when it appears that not all of them seem to be doing so.

Well pardon me for wanting the national team to do as well as they can and being concerned when it appears that not all of them seem to be doing so.

There isn’t a logic to what you are saying though - it is just straw man creation as shown by your “the fans have been treated like mushrooms” comment, how does that even apply in this particular instance?

Woffinden and Lambert didn’t attend an open practice session. It might have been an optional invite and likely wasn’t even supposed to be as high profile as it seems to have become on here given it has never been announced on the BSPA site etc or so on. You have said it is expected fans turn up for meetings, yes but not on the proviso all riders attend a spurious practice sessions.

There isn’t a correlation between what you say “wanting the National Team to do well” and this session - On the basis of “I want the National Team to do well” I could demand they practice 24/7 and then position it is as me being offended if they don't but in reality I would be talking nonsense.

No one, not one person has set out to lie to you or hide something from you here or set out to damage the National Teams chances.

Edited by The Mockingjay

If it had been in Poland, they would have been practicing for weeks and attendance would have been compulsory. Anyway good luck to GB, any medal would be a bonus.

• Like 2

Aside from the BSI practice session open to all teams, GB have not organised any other track time for the team.

Any offers to practice as a team have come from the Belle Vue promotion who made the track available to only team GB riders.

Belle Vue hoped all riders would attend but it was not compulsory.

Aside from the BSI practice session open to all teams, GB have not organised any other track time for the team.

Any offers to practice as a team have come from the Belle Vue promotion who made the track available to only team GB riders.

Belle Vue hoped all riders would attend but it was not compulsory.

Case closed

Ah right, I don't follow twitter. I presumed someone had made that bit up to enrage the resident troll.

The resident troll has gone quiet... unlike him not to have posted since last night!

Some of the other usual anti Tai posters have picked up the slack in his absence though.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1