British Speedway Forum

Team Gb For World Cup

There you go, so why isn't Lindbäck getting the same stick in Sweden?

Woffy is British with a British passport but people are still calling him out as an Aussie

I don't really get your comparison. Tai rides for the country of his birth and anyone who thinks he's Australian is obviously wrong.

Maybe they think he's suddenly going to ride for the Aussies, but I can't see Antonio joining the Brazilian speedway team!

Lindback seems a happy-go-lucky guy who always comes across well in interviews, so I can't imagine he gets any stick, whereas Tai's arrogance/confidence (delete as appropriate) isn't to everyones taste.

On a lighter note it would be quite cool if he represented Brazil in the world championship-it could get the youngsters in that country interested in the sport.

There you go, so why isn't Lindbäck getting the same stick in Sweden?

Woffy is British with a British passport but people are still calling him out as an Aussie

Because people in Sweden are not idiots. I haven't agreed with Tai's choices but to suggest he isn't British is ludicrous. Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

I don't really get your comparison. Tai rides for the country of his birth and anyone who thinks he's Australian is obviously wrong.

Maybe they think he's suddenly going to ride for the Aussies, but I can't see Antonio joining the Brazilian speedway team!

Lindback seems a happy-go-lucky guy who always comes across well in interviews, so I can't imagine he gets any stick, whereas Tai's arrogance/confidence (delete as appropriate) isn't to everyones taste.

You're right, convicted drink drivers are much more to peoples taste.

Staggering!

• Like 1

You're right, convicted drink drivers are much more to peoples taste.

Staggering!

I'm able to separate peoples personal lives from their career.

You once said Kenny Carter's racing career was irrelevant after he murdered his wife. I treat Carter the rider and Carter the man as two separate entities.

I'm not saying any more on this subject because I'm not comfortable with it.

• Like 1

The resident troll has gone quiet... unlike him not to have posted since last night!

Some of the other usual anti Tai posters have picked up the slack in his absence though.

And the usual " Tai Woffinden is a saint and can do as he want because he is the champ" brigade quickly jump aggressively on this thread as soon as any hint of criticism for the World Champ surfaces. (All 5 of you) Let me invite you to another topic on this forum "good letter in the star" where Mr Woffinden cops a bit of stick for his language at Cardiff. You seem to have missed it while enjoying lambasting Robert72 on the other Tai Woffinden threads. Enjoy

• Like 2

I treat Carter the rider and Carter the man as two separate entities.

Yet Woffinden the rider & Woffinden the man you absolutely put together as one

but Carter the man who's a murderer you want to forget

Brilliant :rofl:

Not 2 faced there at all :rofl:

• Like 3

Name a SWC practice session Woffinden hasn't attended?

Agree with everything you say.

Regarding the tattoo, that part is true, Tai had tweeted yesterday he was having one done, that was one amongst a few engagements he had lined up yesterday.

Never had a tattoo but surely it might still be a bit sore come the weekend

Never had a tattoo but surely it might still be a bit sore come the weekend

nope not really.. think he has riden in a GP with worse pain..

and we have all ready read the other thread.... the swearing bit its been done to death like the should Tai ride for GB thread..

this now is all about him not being at a practise that wasnt a practise.. but an open invitation to have a spin if he wanted.. still no Robert72.. wonder where he has gone

Edited by Dazzafl

And the usual " Tai Woffinden is a saint and can do as he want because he is the champ" brigade quickly jump aggressively on this thread as soon as any hint of criticism for the World Champ surfaces. (All 5 of you) Let me invite you to another topic on this forum "good letter in the star" where Mr Woffinden cops a bit of stick for his language at Cardiff. You seem to have missed it while enjoying lambasting Robert72 on the other Tai Woffinden threads. Enjoy

Jump aggressively?

The thread is hilarious.

Complaining about something that didn't happen.. i.e. Woffinden didn't miss any GB practices.

As for the pathetic 'five of you jibe', that applies to the moaners, the same old folk each time. You can't play the 'most don't like him' card anymore, that myth was destroyed at Cardiff when his reception was deafening.. and it will be again at the weekend.

Meanwhile, nobody has ever said he is a 'saint'.

Compared to Lindback and Carter he is though!

Edited by BWitcher

None of us 'Woffy fans' have ever said he's a saint.

Nobody would argue that he is

But we accept him for what he is. His swearing, tattoo's, ear gauging etc

We get & understand it's not to peoples taste, especially the older folk,

It's the bull crap that he doesn't set good examples to the younger generation that's just absolutely pathetic.

If hard work, dedication to being ultra fit & the Worlds best multiple times isn't good enough then there really is a problem as there's not much else you could do.

Everything else the haters are chucking at him is absolutely irrelevant as every human being has their own tastes & personality

I don't think you'll see a young rider interviewed swearing, inked up, ears gauged just to be like Woffinden.

None of us 'Woffy fans' have ever said he's a saint.

Nobody would argue that he is

But we accept him for what he is. His swearing, tattoo's, ear gauging etc

We get & understand it's not to peoples taste, especially the older folk,

It's the bull crap that he doesn't set good examples to the younger generation that's just absolutely pathetic.

If hard work, dedication to being ultra fit & the Worlds best multiple times isn't good enough then there really is a problem as there's not much else you could do.

Everything else the haters are chucking at him is absolutely irrelevant as every human being has their own tastes & personality

I don't think you'll see a young rider interviewed swearing, inked up, ears gauged just to be like Woffinden.

I totally get what you're saying, I do.

What I don't get is when Tai does make mistakes like the interview in Cardiff you justify it .

Why not just say "he shouldn't have done that he was out of order" rather than "its what young people do get over it"

What I don't get is when Tai does make mistakes like the interview in Cardiff you justify it .

Why not just say "he shouldn't have done that he was out of order" rather than "its what young people do get over it"

we are not justifying it we are saying it isnt that bigger deal that everyone is making it..

please take that as read.. not one of us said "well done hit it to the man" we said whoops but it isnt that bigger deal with how life is in 2016 not 1916.. but that is all on the other thread..

is that your only complaint about Tai the GB 2 times world champion.. or are you like the other haters that hate everything about him ??

Rosco has now issued a statement, which would have been better 24 hours ago.

It still implies that fans should not have opinions and I refuse to apologise for caring enough to have one ;)

I will do as Rosco wants and get behind Team GB but sadly cannot see us getting above 3rd place. Would love to be proved wrong tho.

Edited by Star Lady

It wasn't about justifying it or not, it was the context in which it was delivered in why we don't see the massive issue or need for an apology.

If he'd have gone on the mic and gave it large "You're a load of fookin s#!+ fans" then the meltdown would have been justified.

He was happy, the crowd in the stadium was happy.

That should have been the end of it right there but it was the haters that totally lapped it up

why do people hate so much.. this sport is in need of good support not people slating the riders who bring us the glory.. yes he does some things people dont like but hell dont kill him over it.

as I've said many times I don't hate anyone...well not in the speedway world anyway ;) but I will not apologise for having an opinion. I'm sure lots of people don't like things I say or do, this being a free country they are fully entitled to say so :)

• Like 1

Roscoe seems happy.

Perhaps some should read this................................................

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.30952

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1