British Speedway Forum

Great weekend of action and atmosphere. Well done to all that contributed. Would guess the attendance today was around 3k. Stand to be corrected.

Only downer was the individual format. 20 heat formula with top 2 scorers v semi final 1 & 2 would have been much better in my opinion. As per PLRC.

Competing against your team mate in every heat - who came up with that idea? Certainly not baby Bear and Andersen. Shame a few riders didn't want to play in the individual event - assume they have their reasons but some need to realise fans travel to support their team - and those that represent.

In summary though - very positive. Plymouth very worthy winners.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

But more convenient for fans of Rye House, Peterborough, Ipswich, Somerset and Plymouth, not to mention supporters of EL sides such as Coventry and Leicester who attended the event. Scunthorpe is equally distant to Peterborough as it is to Manchester.

Besides, you can't trust the weather up there

Thing is you have the pairs at Somerset and the fours at Peterborough with the PLRC at Sheffield. One of those should be at one of the northern tracks which, lets face it, constitute pretty much half the league.

Having said that, Somerset and Peterborough have done an excellent job so why change them ?

Neutral venues are a very good idea but they simply don't attract the attendances.

2 words. Simply awesome.

And adding to that. Take a bow jack holder what a rider he could be. Sensational today

Agree, fantastic speedway today. Big thanks to the riders for superb racing and track staff/curators for a great track for over 70 heats this weekend.

You'll not see a better pass than Holder going between the 2 riders coming out of turn 2 in heat 13 in the final. He is going to be a star for sure.

Congrats to Plymouth !!!

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 2

Well, for a number of reasons I'm glad I didn't go to this event.

First and foremost I'm guessing that when the riders pay was revealed, not enough to even cover costs by the sounds of it, most of the Witches team decided it wasn't worth the effort!

Secondly, with the way the semi's were run and the amount of time it took to run them, I'd have been well peee'd off waiting around all that time for my team to put in such a cack performance!

Thirdly, the format of the individual competition was truly bizarre, team mates racing against each other means in all likelihood only one of them is possibly going to progress to the next stage.

Fourthly, half the top riders didn't even participate on the 2nd day! Maybe money related? Who knows.

Lastly, personally I had not one iota of interest in watching any of the four teams that contested the final!

So in summary, and i know it's all about personal opinions but I wouldn't even remotely consider attending in future unless the format is changed and I know that the riders are being adequately rewarded for their time and effort. In other words really giving them the incentive to really put in a performance!

No doubt I'll get totally slated for these opinions but from what I've heard and read although the whole idea of the full weekend was a good one in the end it left a lot to be desired.

But hey, the Premier League 4's champions are coming to Foxhall on Thursday, will be interesting to see how they get on ???

Incredible. You didn't go, wouldn't want to go in the future, and still slag it off. You win the prize for the most stupid pointless post I have read in 2016.

• Like 6

What a great weekend of speedway, thoroughly enjoyed it all except the poor performance of the Witches on Saturday. We could've done with being in semi 1 as the track was better than semi 3 and we couldn't gate for love or money. Congrats to Plymouth, predicted they were the dark horses for the overall win and thoroughly deserved.
Didn't mind the individual format as there were still hard fought races and it proved it was an individual event as Bjerre & Andersen showed.
My only complaint was the stupid rule for going on the centre green, the sooner they bin it the better. If the rule is to stay why doesn't the ref raise the tapes to let the rider pass under, as they are quick enough to exclude them so they must see them coming up to the tapes. Fair enough if the rider comes full pelt over the centre green but most of the exclusions I have seen they go slowly around the starting gate not putting anyone in danger.

Anyway off to Manchester on Friday and hope the racing is just as good in the world cup!

Edited by Bash

Well, for a number of reasons I'm glad I didn't go to this event.

First and foremost I'm guessing that when the riders pay was revealed, not enough to even cover costs by the sounds of it, most of the Witches team decided it wasn't worth the effort!

Secondly, with the way the semi's were run and the amount of time it took to run them, I'd have been well peee'd off waiting around all that time for my team to put in such a cack performance!

Thirdly, the format of the individual competition was truly bizarre, team mates racing against each other means in all likelihood only one of them is possibly going to progress to the next stage.

Fourthly, half the top riders didn't even participate on the 2nd day! Maybe money related? Who knows.

Lastly, personally I had not one iota of interest in watching any of the four teams that contested the final!

So in summary, and i know it's all about personal opinions but I wouldn't even remotely consider attending in future unless the format is changed and I know that the riders are being adequately rewarded for their time and effort. In other words really giving them the incentive to really put in a performance!

No doubt I'll get totally slated for these opinions but from what I've heard and read although the whole idea of the full weekend was a good one in the end it left a lot to be desired.

But hey, the Premier League 4's champions are coming to Foxhall on Thursday, will be interesting to see how they get on ???

You raise some issues that need to be addressed - however, I enjoyed it immensely. You're glad you didn't go - I'm pleased I did. Both happy.

• Like 3

Hopefully, they'll do the same event next year at the showground.

How much was it for all the bits, parking,entrance, camp for two days?

Parking - £2 per day

Entrance - £20 per day, £30 for a 2 day pass (adults) Don't know children's and concessions admission

Camping - Pretty sure it was £10 per tent per night

Edited by Shads

Well as someone who did the two meetings, camped over and was there as a neutral (but picked Plymouth as my team) I had a brilliant weekend. Yes there were a few issues and niggles that need sorting but in the main it was brilliant and I'll be back next year for more if the same.

£10 to camp but they meant not having to pay £4 to park the car so in reality £6 to camp. Bargain!

The heat format of the individual was pants. Just go with 16 riders, kick two riders out. The riders who were there but didn't ride in the individual, shame on them.

And the entertainment they charged £5 on the Saturdaay night. We gave up after a few minutes, as did others. Waste of time, money and effort. Just get a karaoke machine for 2017!

And how was Busk-Jakobsen not excluded? I accept the red light come on because Jorgensen jumper but Busk Jakobsen and his bike both left the track then. That's an excludable offence. So what that he crashed, are we saying that all a rider had to do to go back to the pits is crash? Or if just falling over on the bike enough? He crashed AFTER the race was stopped so wasn't allowed back in the pits!

belated congratulations to plymouth devils. the team that almost wasnt .

followed this on the updates site and it looked to be a great meeting . very posative comments from posters. well done to all concerned .

strange running the team event one after another, are the pits not big enough to get all the riders/gear in ?

maybe next year , the riders should be signed up for 2 days and not be allowed to pull out of the meeting . lost respect for all those guys that pulled out, but still watched sundays meeting . shame on you . hope the bspa can fine them and make sure it does not happen again .

it was only a one off meeting (sat/sun) so why moan about the money involved they forget all the meeting that the fans turned up , paid to see them . only one weekend out of your life . its not a deal breaker . ritchie lets the cat out of the bag . sloppy gob should keep it shut and let others sort it out . maybe needs the money for a new flux capacitor ! let himself down, big style .

again, well done the devils ,bandits , comets on the day . pity no throphies for 3rd/4th . panthers thought they just had to turn up .L.O.L.

The devils team and manager had their eye on the 4s from the minute we got saved as a quartet we knew we had four riders that could win this and the way the lads gelled and worked together passing on information and set ups advice to each other was real teamwork also the polish mechanics for the 3 aussies were superb as was keith newman for kyle. In the grand scheme of things i know its only one event and we will struggle to make the playoffs but for the club and manager this was an immense achievement,plymouths first silverware in the pl. Thanks to all the fans whos team wasnt in the final they all seemed to be devils for a day good to catch up with paulco whist having a beer might of had a few more if they didnt turn the lights out!! Fantastic wknd👍

Edited by lewy
  • Like 5