British Speedway Forum

Some very decent racing late on, particularly Holder's brilliant ride in heat 13 - won't see much better than that anywhere.

Very pleased for my pals in the Devils on Tour, some of the best fans around and deserving of some success. Especially good to see my old mate Brian Cave, top bloke and an inspiration.

In the past I haven't been a fan of Roy Clarke but he did an excellent job today.

• Like 1

Well, for a number of reasons I'm glad I didn't go to this event.

First and foremost I'm guessing that when the riders pay was revealed, not enough to even cover costs by the sounds of it, most of the Witches team decided it wasn't worth the effort!

Secondly, with the way the semi's were run and the amount of time it took to run them, I'd have been well peee'd off waiting around all that time for my team to put in such a cack performance!

Thirdly, the format of the individual competition was truly bizarre, team mates racing against each other means in all likelihood only one of them is possibly going to progress to the next stage.

Fourthly, half the top riders didn't even participate on the 2nd day! Maybe money related? Who knows.

Lastly, personally I had not one iota of interest in watching any of the four teams that contested the final!

So in summary, and i know it's all about personal opinions but I wouldn't even remotely consider attending in future unless the format is changed and I know that the riders are being adequately rewarded for their time and effort. In other words really giving them the incentive to really put in a performance!

No doubt I'll get totally slated for these opinions but from what I've heard and read although the whole idea of the full weekend was a good one in the end it left a lot to be desired.

But hey, the Premier League 4's champions are coming to Foxhall on Thursday, will be interesting to see how they get on ???

I started going to speedway in 1958, and have been a committed regular ever since, never ever missing a single season.In those 58-years, leaving Cardiff out of the equation, I've never seen anything to match the superb bill of fayre put on by Peterborough this weekend, in fact nothing has come remotely close to it, and there's not another stadium in the land that could provide and produce such a spectacle.The racing was better than anything you could ever see in domestic matches at any level. The professionalism of everybody involved in the hands on running of the event was just impossible tofault. The friendliness of the supporters from all clubs in attendance, made you realise how wonderful this sport of ours his, and the praise could go on forever.Congratulations to Plymouth who were most deserved winners, even though I wanted Berwick to lift the trophy, and to all the riders who produced a 2-day event that will remain in my memory for ever.The only thing I can think of that would probably have made it that slight bit better, is if the in field entertainment hadn't been the same both days, but that's not a complaint.There was a complaint however, and that I think it was out of order doubling the car park price, especially when you had to pay both days, even though in so many peoples cases, they'd forkedout for a 2-day pass to the meeting.Let's hope that Peterborough are given the honour of staging it again next year, and that the seeded team be this years victors, and not the home sideTHANK YOU ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY.

Sums up the weekend a treat. I thought it was brilliant. Well done Plymouth.

Well, for a number of reasons I'm glad I didn't go to this event.

First and foremost I'm guessing that when the riders pay was revealed, not enough to even cover costs by the sounds of it, most of the Witches team decided it wasn't worth the effort!

Secondly, with the way the semi's were run and the amount of time it took to run them, I'd have been well peee'd off waiting around all that time for my team to put in such a cack performance!

Thirdly, the format of the individual competition was truly bizarre, team mates racing against each other means in all likelihood only one of them is possibly going to progress to the next stage.

Fourthly, half the top riders didn't even participate on the 2nd day! Maybe money related? Who knows.

Lastly, personally I had not one iota of interest in watching any of the four teams that contested the final!

So in summary, and i know it's all about personal opinions but I wouldn't even remotely consider attending in future unless the format is changed and I know that the riders are being adequately rewarded for their time and effort. In other words really giving them the incentive to really put in a performance!

No doubt I'll get totally slated for these opinions but from what I've heard and read although the whole idea of the full weekend was a good one in the end it left a lot to be desired.

But hey, the Premier League 4's champions are coming to Foxhall on Thursday, will be interesting to see how they get on ???

I suppose if you don't want to watch some fantastic speedway that's fair enough.

• Like 3

I specifically asked the car park cash collector who got the (doubled !) £2 per day charge and was assured that every penny of it went to the Benfund. On this basis, I had no objection to paying but I read other posts suggesting that the Showground owners are the beneficiaries. Have I been lied to ?

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the two days with some fantastic races in glorious sunshine with no serious injuries.

However, Peterborough is hardly a convenient venue for fans from Workington, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Berwick. If the new track beds in at the National Speedway Stadium, could next year's event not be held there?

• Like 1

Only went to today's racing but a fantastic day. I think the BSPA deserve a lot of credit for the weekend and I can only see it improving as it goes on year by year. A fantastic performance from Plymouth and fully deserved win. Jack Holder was sensational, what a prospect. All in all a very entertaining 16 heats. Slightly disappointed to turn up and find out two more heat leaders had dropped out. Anyone know why Lambert, Summers and Robson were at the meeting but not riding in the individual? Presumably the money issue but all riders involved today deserve a massive pat on the back for some excellent racing. I'm sure I wasn't the only one expecting Steve Worrall to win the final but a cracking win for Douglas and despite the bizarre format (definitely needs looking at), some decent racing was provided including Bjerre and Andersen seemingly trying to knock each other off each race and finally coming to a head in their last race. Both were fantastic entertainment though. Another disappointment of the day was hearing a woman on the back straight screaming 'Ostergaard you cheating b******d' after he knocked off Pijper. Clearly a poor move but no need for that sort of language in an area full of young children but not a lot you can do with some people. A very enjoyable day on a cracking race track. Well done all.

I specifically asked the car park cash collector who got the (doubled !) £2 per day charge and was assured that every penny of it went to the Benfund. On this basis, I had no objection to paying but I read other posts suggesting that the Showground owners are the beneficiaries. Have I been lied to ?

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed the two days with some fantastic races in glorious sunshine with no serious injuries.

However, Peterborough is hardly a convenient venue for fans from Workington, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Berwick. If the new track beds in at the National Speedway Stadium, could next year's event not be held there?

No one knows for sure who gets the money for the parking but the Ben Fund would be worthy of the cash Iif the parking steward told you this

Would it be easy for Plymouth Somerset and Ipswich fans to get to Manchester then. All the northern based teams you mention all have easy motorway links to the A1

Edited by scoobydoo

But more convenient for fans of Rye House, Peterborough, Ipswich, Somerset and Plymouth, not to mention supporters of EL sides such as Coventry and Leicester who attended the event. Scunthorpe is equally distant to Peterborough as it is to Manchester.

Besides, you can't trust the weather up there

Edited by Shads

Well done the organisers as it was a cracking weekend of racing. It can only get better next season. The centre green presenter was excellent as he filled the gaps with decent information and good banter.

One complaint - £4.20 a pint for some really poor beer. To charge that price is daylight robbery.

Well done the organisers as it was a cracking weekend of racing. It can only get better next season. The centre green presenter was excellent as he filled the gaps with decent information and good banter.

One complaint - £4.20 a pint for some really poor beer. To charge that price is daylight robbery.

Yes i thought the presenter was excellent and funny.Did i hear his name was Rob,and guessing by his remark on Bjerre's 15m handicap was about 6 inches back i would say he is the Redcar presenter.

I thought it was a great weekend which would have been even better had I not had such a hangover today!..I thought the track was good all weekend considering the amount of racing..The camping thing was great..the evening entertainment weren't the best as the venue was too big and it appeared empty so we ended up in the city centre instead!..the man on the microphone was annoying as were the food prices. But all in all a great weekend with a good turnout, good weather and some good racing..The EOES is the only place to host this event. Well done to Ged and the team for great organisation.

Edited by Lukas

Yes i thought the presenter was excellent and funny.Did i hear his name was Rob,and guessing by his remark on Bjerre's 15m handicap was about 6 inches back i would say he is the Redcar presenter.

Roy (Clarke). Presenter at both Newcastle and, indeed, Redcar.

Roy (Clarke). Presenter at both Newcastle and, indeed, Redcar.

We could do with someone like him at Lynn,good sense of humour and funny.Loved his Benny Hill bit and his stand in for a start line girl.

• Like 2

Well done to the Devils on the win I am sure there fans will take great pleasure from this as without them this wouldn't have been possible.

Sure Lewy will be having a few shandy's tonight enjoy m8 & well deserved :t: .

• Like 1