British Speedway Forum

Congratulations to everyone at Plymouth Speedway, delighted to see them win a trophy after so nearly going out of the sport earlier on this season.

BSPA need to look at 4`s day, riders pay, and no trophies or medals for second and third places cant be right.

• Like 7

15m back from tapes 3, poor start Marshall almost got swiped! Awful ruling

its up to the start marshall to get out of the road

and also for the ref to release the tapes only when the start marshall is in a safe position

far too many start marshalls only move to the rear of the bikes if 1 flips it there in the danger zone

• Like 1

Did they mention they're charging double the going rate for it?

Car park at the Showground upped the price by 100% for the weekend, so anything goes

Showground had to make money somehow.....

A extra thousand odd through the gate and rip off food and drink prices not enough for em?

Well done the Devils.

I said at Ippo on Thursday you would win.

Maybe you'll do the same again at Ippo this coming Thursday!!

But remember to acknowledge the Back Straight BSF Massif!!!

I couldn't register a like for 3 lines out of 4 so scrub line 3 and I'll give it full approval. wink

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the two days. There was some good racing and credit to the track staff to prepare a track for that many years. Firstly I would like to congratulate Plymouth on a deserved win and Workington for a close second. As a Panthers fan, I wish we had not been seeded as that woulsd have made it more interesting for us and if failing then two riders still in the individual event. Thought the format was good and if held at the showground again, then I think it is only right that the current holders areseeded.

Edited by Stiltonpanther

Foods ALL the EOES mind, I don't think Ged gets much out of it.

I've no problem with the extra quid. I'm fully aware that clubs that don't own their own stadiums get little or nothing from the food and drink outlets. I think the club should get a cut

Just to add, although the food and drink at the EOS is a little more expensive than every track I've been to (apart from Cardiff) at least they allow you to take your own food and drink in, unlike the owners of Owlerton who don't allow any in.

I also like the EOS for the grassy area on the first bend which is always a pleasant place to park yer bum for the day

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

I really enjoyed the two days. There was some good racing and credit to the track staff to prepare a track for that many years. Firstly I would like to congratulate Plymouth on a deserved win and Workington for a close second. As a Panthers fan, I wish we had not been seeded as that woulsd have made it more interesting for us and if failing then two riders still in the individual event. Thought the format was good and if held at the showground again, then I think it is only right that the current holders areseeded.

Cannot see a weekend of speedway held anywhere else with the location of the showground and the ease of roadlinks north or south, you could let the fours holders host it the next season each time and seed them the same as Peterborough but would you get fans from the north travelling to Plymouth and from the south if Glasgow won it , its odds on that if this weekend is repeated and the Panthers have a team running it will stay put at the showground.

Enjoyed the day,some good racing again.The riders do seem to put it on the line in these events.

Congratulations to Douglas on winning the individual event,and to Plymouth on the 4's.

Didn't think the track was quite as good as yesterday but still produced some good racing.

As for the Leicester flier on my car,that is now in my bin.