British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Lakeside 4/6/16

Can't see lakeside getting anything from this one, but a point would be handy and give us some confidence going into future away meets. I watched the clip on the British speedway site where S Worall came from last to second, and I must say what a stadium and racetrack you have there. Well done to all at BV, most importantly the fans that have stuck with it over the last few years - it's totally been worth it.

He as sacked ash Holloway and getting new stuff sorted. Unsure what engines/engine tuner he is using now. But Deffo not on ash-tech ones. He has been practicing and testing at belle vue this week.

The ash-tech engines were brilliant at start of meetings when track was grippy but as soon as the track went slick all he did was spin. That's why you saw scores like 3,3,1,1.

That's sounds to me like he doesn't understand how to change his setup during the meeting, have to change the timing and carb jetting to suit changing track conditions.

The club has set up a purchase and collection point for customers of the National Speedway Stadiums South Terrace area, adjacent to the South Turnstiles just off Pink Bank Lane.

The purchase and collection point for customers of the Main Grandstand and West Terraces will remain in situ adjacent to the ticket office on Kirkmanshulme Lane.

We would again advise all customers to plan their journey well in advance tonight owing to the nearby Coldplay concert at the Etihad Stadium which kicks off from 4pm.

• Like 2

This is one of those perfect opportunities were each team should promote a junior. Williamson, Payne or Bewley for us and whoever for Lakeside.

Opportunity for UK speedway missed.

Sad times.

TBF, people are paying EL prices, they already see two draft riders you can't bring in even more "kids"

The club has set up a purchase and collection point for customers of the National Speedway Stadiums South Terrace area, adjacent to the South Turnstiles just off Pink Bank Lane.

The purchase and collection point for customers of the Main Grandstand and West Terraces will remain in situ adjacent to the ticket office on Kirkmanshulme Lane.

We would again advise all customers to plan their journey well in advance tonight owing to the nearby Coldplay concert at the Etihad Stadium which kicks off from 4pm.

Good to see they have listened to the feedback (or what some call moaning, bitching and complaining) and done something about it!

Fair point, but the form of Bridger will be crucial. If he goes well, then he will get 7 rides, which will cover quite a few of the gaps. He did well at King's Lynn last night. I would expect AJ, Lawson and Kerr to go well, all being used to big tracks. It can't hurt lakeside's chances that BV have only had 2 home meetings so far.

It should be an interesting tussle. I would take a point quite happily.

Up the Hammers !

It's fortunate for the Hammers that Fricke is missing, he is in the form of his life at the moment and full of confidence.

Prediction time

44 - 46

Nilsson 7, Lawson 9, AJ 12, Bridger 13,...Kerr and Mear combined 5...total 46

If this comes off we will have one foot in the play offs!

I think they probably just looked out of the window and realised that they needed to do something about it, the feedback was in the main moaning from people who weren't even there (again).

The intention to open a dedicated ticket office for the back straight had already been announced before the Coventry meeting and they didn't waste any time 'doing something about it' by reminding everyone during the interval on Monday of the option to buy online and print at home.

Not seen much feedback on the threads about the delayed meeting at Swindon or last night at Somerset which is a pity, I'm sure both promotions would welcome the opportunity to 'do something about it' although I imagine they would just put it down to a big crowd arriving late and change nothing, tut tut.

The delay at Somerset was not due to the promotion messing up. It was due to the ambulance being stuck on the M5. The ambulance duly arrived and a short further delay was to allow the spectators who had been caught in the traffic to get in.

I travel from Poole to Somerset Fridays and I can tell you it was the worst traffic I've experienced traveling to the Oak Tree.

The delay at Belle Vue wasn't down to the promotion messing up either, quite the opposite!

Both times it was due to bigger than expected crowds, the crowd on Monday was 3x what they used to get at the dog track.

The difference between Belle Vue and other promotions is they are doing something about it.

Sounds like bad planning to me.

• Like 1

It is being reported on twitter that the stewards are stopping people taking in food, they even took sweets off the posters children. If true this action will stop some people going.

No wonder people wait for a week to get in.

No wonder people wait for a week to get in.

They will have eaten it all by then.

Seriously if they want to search all the bags for food then they will always have delays, especially if everybody starts objecting and arguing the toss.

Edited by A ORLOV

The delay at Belle Vue wasn't down to the promotion messing up either, quite the opposite!

Both times it was due to bigger than expected crowds, the crowd on Monday was 3x what they used to get at the dog track.

The difference between Belle Vue and other promotions is they are doing something about it.

You're very lucky to have promoters that never make a mistake ,

What was the crowd size tonight being a Saturday meeting, and how does it compare to the crowds at the old track?

Well if Flange walked straight in it couldn't have been that big...

What was the crowd size tonight being a Saturday meeting, and how does it compare to the crowds at the old track?

Around 2000-2200 ish I would say...

The Grandstand holds 2k and looked around half full, about 100 on the west terrace and a decent number on the back straight (between 800 and 1000 I would say)..

For a run of the mill 'play off qualifier'!!!®😉 I would say about 1000 more than the old place would have had...

Lots of kids tonight too which can only be good long term...

The match itself was not as good as the Cov one, but that was special, however it was much better than your 'average' meeting..

Great to see a track where a rider can make up several bike lengths of gap on the guy in front just by riding a different line...

It means most races go down to the last bend of the last lap with chances remaining for position changes...

And even if there is no passing in a race, at least you are not filling in the result of the race in your programme when the riders exit turn two, lap one...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

The Grandstand holds 2k and looked around half full, about 100 on the west terrace and a decent number on the back straight (between 800 and 1000 I would say)..

For a run of the mill 'play off qualifier'!!! I would say about 1000 more than the old place would have had...

The match itself was not as good as the Cov one, but that was special, however it was much better than your 'average' meeting..

Great to see a track where a rider can make up several bike lengths of gap on the guy in front just be riding a different line...

It means most races go down to the last bend of the last lap with chances remaining for position changes...

And even if there is no passing in a race, at least you are not filling in the result of the race in your programme when the riders exit turn two, lap one...

Good its now that that club needs to grow. If attendances were of a similar size to last season there would be cause for concern. Glad its all on the up.

Wish the Poole A fixture could be re-arranged.

• Like 1

Once again I got my ticket online and printed it out myself, took me no more than 5 mins in the queue to get in, and yes the security were taking drinks of people going in, no more so than at other sporting venues.

Belle Vue are moving with the times, others will follow.

As for the meeting some were a bit like follow the leader but most races were close with passing, ride of the night though has to go to S Worrall, who once again broke the tapes then went of 15 Mtrs, he led after 3 laps.

Belle Vue were good value for the 3 points, however if AJ had rode as we all expected him to, then the Hammers could of been going home with a point.

For a run of the mill 'play off qualifier'!!!® I would say about 1000 more than the old place would have had...

Great to see a track where a rider can make up several bike lengths of gap on the guy in front just be riding a different line...

Good the hear.BV have struggled for years.Hope you have the best supported club in the league.

• Like 3

Good the hear.BV have struggled for years.Hope you have the best supported club in the league.

When you consider the millions of people that live in the area, they should have crowds far bigger than most other clubs.