British Speedway Forum

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 2nd June 2016

WON 25 - 10 :party::party::party::P

Gavan 9

Dale 3

Archie 7+2

Jack 6

Glad to hear! :) Who was riding for the other team?

I think that the Danny Phillips situation is not very ideal, I did not know that there was a specific list of riders you had to choose from but I highly doubt Branford would be on it as previously suggested, as he has a 3.40 average and Edinburgh would have surely snapped him up if he was available at the beginning of the season, I can only think of a few names (Dan Greenwood, James Shanes, Tom Stokes, Luke Chessell, Jake Knight, Kyle Hughes, Connor Mountain) that would really be worth a gamble, having said that I have no idea how any of these riders would take to Brough Park and whether they'd be a step forward or back, I'm just going by NL form. Most of these riders have either riden for us or King's Lynn in the past, which I have heard is a pretty similar track to Newcastle so maybe they could take to our track nicely and at least score the 3 points expected from them at home!! Connor Mountain was close to the club last year and he seems to have gone away from our radar as far as I can tell. Dan Greenwood would be my favourite as he is going great at Coventry and the last time I saw him ride he looked great and surely he'd be a step forward compared to Phillips, no offence to him, he's not ready. James Shanes seems to be coming on great in the NL but I do not think he'd take to our track much better than Phillips does, and if I'm not mistaken Jake Knight already has experience in the PL with Sheffield, but on a massively different track to ours. What does everyone else think? :)

I am sad to hear that Ipswich have dropped Lewis Kerr :( I know he left because of the journey to Newcastle every weekend, but I also wonder the possibility of maybe bringing him in to replace one of the riders who are missing a lot to try and field a stronger and more Newcastley team :P I am unsure of Lakeside's race nights though and whether this would even reduce the amount of missing riders and guests

I hate seeing changes to the team, especially when most of the riders are going great, but it's kinda annoying seeing so many guests and travelling and paying money to go around the country to watch guests ride :( Just my opinion and I'm sure many other people's

[quote name="Dandelion" post="2792044" timestamp="1464970354

I am sad to hear that Ipswich have dropped Lewis Kerr :( I know he left because of the journey to Newcastle every weekend, but I also wonder the possibility of maybe bringing him in to replace one of the riders who are missing a lot to try and field a stronger and more Newcastley team :P I am unsure of Lakeside's race nights though and whether this would even reduce the amount of missing riders and guests

I hate seeing changes to the team, especially when most of the riders are going great, but it's kinda annoying seeing so many guests and travelling and paying money to go around the country to watch guests ride :( Just my opinion and I'm sure many other people's

So the double up riders are Lambert, Worrall & Rose. Rose is a reserve so that means dropping Lambert or Worrall for Kerr? I don't think so.....

So the double up riders are Lambert, Worrall & Rose. Rose is a reserve so that means dropping Lambert or Worrall for Kerr? I don't think so.....

Not necessarily, we're missing the other two next week and Kus will have his time out with the Czech international thing :P Any Thursday meeting we'll be without the Swedes?

Although I have my preferences out of any of them :)

Not necessarily, we're missing the other two next week and Kus will have his time out with the Czech international thing :P Any Thursday meeting we'll be without the Swedes?

Although I have my preferences out of any of them :)

Lewis Kerr also rides in the EL though. There would be no point, we'd just be adding Lakeside into the Belle Vue/King's Lynn fixture clash problem.

Lewis Kerr also rides in the EL though. There would be no point, we'd just be adding Lakeside into the Belle Vue/King's Lynn fixture clash problem.

People are always moaning about teams being full of guests

Glad to hear! :) Who was riding for the other team?

Sorry, my mistake to omit the other team.

REDCAR

William O'Keefe 0

Carl Basford 6

Elliott Kelly 2

Alex Goldsbrough 2

TOTAL 10

I know im a bit late - but well done the bpsa ........... and they wonder why the sport is struggling

utter joke the diamonds were forced to ride this with 4 riders missing

who was on the committee ..... Glasgow... Sheffield.... Workington and Somerset promoters

how come somerset get until 10th June

everyone knows a full strength diamonds would have walked this

well done to redcar for battling hard to prevent their rivals going through ......... but I still think we should have won ..... Richie and Garcia were disappointing scoring only 11

totally hacked off as this was a competition we would could have won ,,,,, but thanks to the idiots in the asylum ................ rant over ..............

ps hope Workington get thumped ......... cos they shouldn't be in the semis ........... sour grapes .... maybe ..... but its a fact

[quote name="mauger65" post="2792647" timestamp="1465066888"

well done to redcar for battling hard to prevent their rivals going through ......... but I still think we should have won ..... Richie and Garcia were disappointing scoring only 11

totally hacked off as this was a competition we would could have won ,,,,, but thanks to the idiots in the asylum ................ rant over ..............

ps hope Workington get thumped ......... cos they shouldn't be in the semis ........... sour grapes .... maybe ..... but its a fact

well if Workington get Glagow, it might look like the 'guests', might have been looking for easier opposition ;)

• Like 1

I know im a bit late - but well done the bpsa ........... and they wonder why the sport is struggling

who was on the committee ..... Glasgow... Sheffield.... Workington and Somerset promoters

In my honest opinion you can't say that as it's not their or their fans fault it as I understand it correctly or otherwise a combination of Redcar (Brian Havelock) & the BSPA that stated we had to run it that night, after George English saying publicly that we could go there any night of the week other than a Sunday!! Plus to top it all off we ran on a working Monday off night to which I presume was to help Redcar out?

IMO all favours always seem to be one sided to which we give & they do nothing but take, so I hope we stop doing Redcar favours from now on!!

Sorry genuine Redcar fans this is in no way a dig at you.

• Like 2

In my honest opinion you can't say that as it's not their or their fans fault it as I understand it correctly or otherwise a combination of Redcar (Brian Havelock) & the BSPA that stated we had to run it that night, after George English saying publicly that we could go there any night of the week other than a Sunday!! Plus to top it all off we ran on a working Monday off night to which I presume was to help Redcar out?

IMO all favours always seem to be one sided to which we give & they do nothing but take, so I hope we stop doing Redcar favours from now on!!

Not forgetting the time we delayed the start time last year to allow Kus, then a Redcar rider, to arrive at Brough on time from a late flight. BSPA insisted we got this tie out of the way by the end of May but allowed Redcar June 2nd, and June 10th for another tie.

• Like 1

If , as you state, George said we could run any night other than Sunday, we can't start complaining about getting one of those nights can we? And IMO we ran on the Monday to get the match played, which was to our benefit!

I'm not out to totally defend Redcar, as we all know Havvy can be an awkward old $$$$$, but I think we need to look closer at home and the decision to build our team with the knowledge that we will be missing riders and have to get guests! If George is expecting other promotions to fit in with when we can ride all the time we will be falling out with many other teams , not just Redcar.

• Like 1

The committee consists of Kings Lynn, Wolverhampton, Scunthorpe & NEWCASTLE promoters (plus Colin Pratt not sure where he is nowadays), so effectively for Pl influence you get more than 11 other teams. Of course these promoters would always remain impartial when making decisions and not consider their own clubs interests to influence any decision would they :nono: Although having seen how Grumpy George usually has a moan about anything after a defeat one does wonder how impartial one could be ;)

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 1

Not forgetting the time we delayed the start time last year to allow Kus, then a Redcar rider, to arrive at Brough on time from a late flight. BSPA insisted we got this tie out of the way by the end of May but allowed Redcar June 2nd, and June 10th for another tie.

Exactly reasons like you list and the delayed start time was one that went through my mind as I was writing the above statement which is why I state we should never do the current promotion at Redcar any favours, and if any of the promotion including Brian have any issues with me having ago at them then come and see me face to face ask most of the powers that be at our club including Tsunami to point me out!

If , as you state, George said we could run any night other than Sunday, we can't start complaining about getting one of those nights can we? And IMO we ran on the Monday to get the match played, which was to our benefit!

I'm not out to totally defend Redcar, as we all know Havvy can be an awkward old $$$$$, but I think we need to look closer at home and the decision to build our team with the knowledge that we will be missing riders and have to get guests! If George is expecting other promotions to fit in with when we can ride all the time we will be falling out with many other teams , not just Redcar.

George announced it at our home match on the centre green before our enforced break last month, Redcar have run fixtures on other nights of the week, so it appears to me the are just being un helpful to us?

That of course is just an opinion but why would we run on a working Monday let alone a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby when we had a blank day the day before if it was not to assist the bears? that would of not been in the best intrest of our club I don't believe.

Exactly reasons like you list and the delayed start time was one that went through my mind as I was writing the above statement which is why I state we should never do the current promotion at Redcar any favours, and if any of the promotion including Brian have any issues with me having ago at them then come and see me face to face ask most of the powers that be at our club including Tsunami to point me out!

George announced it at our home match on the centre green before our enforced break last month, Redcar have run fixtures on other nights of the week, so it appears to me the are just being un helpful to us?

That of course is just an opinion but why would we run on a working Monday let alone a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby when we had a blank day the day before if it was not to assist the bears? that would of not been in the best intrest of our club I don't believe.

Bears were already racing at Glasgow the day before in Cup match, so that was a none starter unless in your opinion Glasgow were also being unhelpful in not changing their fixtures?

And you have answered your own question why would Redcar run on an off night for "a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby" when you have said Newcastle were happy to come on any night but Sunday? That surely would not have been in the best interests of our club.

Bears were already racing at Glasgow the day before in Cup match, so that was a none starter unless in your opinion Glasgow were also being unhelpful in not changing their fixtures?

And you have answered your own question why would Redcar run on an off night for "a fixture that was a money spinner as it was a derby" when you have said Newcastle were happy to come on any night but Sunday? That surely would not have been in the best interests of our club.

The Bears may of been at Glasgow the day before, but how about weeks before? oh no as Redcar were to busy calling off fixtures at the very last minute against the Comets were they not!

Yet again though you can see a pattern evolving as you seem to think its ok for Newcastle to run on a off night and cost our club revenue but not Redcar Hmm!

Edited by mike7164
  • Like 1

The Bears may of been at Glasgow the day before, but how about weeks before? oh no as Redcar were to busy calling off fixtures at the very last minute against the Comets were they not!

Yet again though you can see a pattern evolving as you seem to think its ok for Newcastle to run on a off night and cost our club revenue but not Redcar Hmm!

You were moaning about Redcar not coming the day before on a blank day, hence the reference to Glasgow! I'm not aware of earlier days being suggested - which were these?

What had call off against Comets got to do with anything? I'm afraid the only pattern evolving here is your obvious vendetta against everything to do with Redcar - and your pitiful attempts to bring up any topic to have a go against them.

If you had secured the win everything would be rosy and nothing would be mentioned, however when you lose a minority have to have some excuse to use, be it track conditions, refereeing decisions or running the match on a night which you said was ok, but now isn't because you didn't get the result you needed!

The bottom line is you have an excellent team this season, but one where you will be missing riders, get used to it and the consequences it may bring