British Speedway Forum

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 2nd June 2016

The sound of the engines might be drowned out by grumbling Jawdees by the looks of it.

No fan of Havvys but why should he have to change the race night? Friday is the alternate night, but the Bears are being thrashed down at Somerset on that night.

Diamonds guests are more than adequate replacements and they should still win comfortably.

agree,,, and if Newcastle don't win with those guests, (barring any major incidents),,, they will deserve a right old telling off !!!

• Like 1

To be fair to the BSPA we all moan when competitions drag on for ever so we can't really complain at the push to get this match done. The League Cup began in late March and we've only had 4 matches to arrange/rearrange. We also knew when we put this team together that Thursday and Friday night's would be problematic with rider availability so in all honesty we don't have much to complain about.

The team still looks strong enough - no excuses.

• Like 1

Maybe we should do away with building teams and just select 14 riders for each match from a list of everyone available! NO! right.. but the current situation is a rubbish idea too isn't it. :mad:

I have decided against supporting the Diamonds at Redcar tonight and any other away match if we cannot track at least 5 of our guys. If Robbo, Richie and Garcia win the match for Newcastle it is hardly a Diamonds victory is it?

I started supporting in 1961 (I was a kid then) and cannot remember a situation as bad as this. Something needs to be done to prevent this situation next season

Branford will also guest for Nielsen..

The weather's crap, Redcar can't qualify and will finish bottom, their number 1 is missing, Newcastle only have 4/7 of their original team but have 3 guests who will easily outscore their opponents, and the footies on the telly.
I think my chances of getting a marketing job at Redcar are better than their chances of winning tonight! :D

The weather's crap, Redcar can't qualify and will finish bottom, their number 1 is missing, Newcastle only have 4/7 of their original team but have 3 guests who will easily outscore their opponents, and the footies on the telly.
I think my chances of getting a marketing job at Redcar are better than their chances of winning tonight! :D

The weather is the same as always, Redcar concentrating on league so getting averages down, better number 1 in place , Newcastle actually have 3/7 but all ex-bears, and there will be plenty of footie on telly soon, plus you get away from her indoors ! Come on put the positive slant on :wink:

Application for marketing manager in the post :t:

Edited by Mad Max

The weather is the same as always, Redcar concentrating on league so getting averages down, better number 1 in place , Newcastle actually have 3/7 but all ex-bears, and there will be plenty of footie on telly soon, plus you get away from her indoors ! Come on put the positive slant on :wink:

Application for marketing manager in the post :t:

http ://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adults-Aviator-Sunglasses-Womens-Pink-Rose-Tinted-Pilot-Glasses-UV400-Purple-/371441152653

;)

Edited by Bear_Bottom

Still can't make my mind up whether to come down for this one, on one side I should come down and support this patched up Diamonds side hopefully qualify for the Cup Semi's but the other half says f**k it, stay in the house and save your money!!! :o:o

Decisions, Decisions!!!

Still can't make my mind up whether to come down for this one, on one side I should come down and support this patched up Diamonds side hopefully qualify for the Cup Semi's but the other half says f**k it, stay in the house and save your money!!! :o:o

Decisions, Decisions!!!

Cubs and the Gems racing a NJL meeting afterwards ?

I actually think this might be decent meeting. Ulrich at 1 strengthens us, and Bellego and Andersen have been in excellent form. Hugh has been decent enough especially at home and Lee Payne has shown he is capable of a big meeting.

Kus obviously knows the best way around the MPA, Garcia was excellent last week for Glasgow along and along with the Worralls should score well. And not many riders have done as many laps here as Danny Phillips.

i would expect a 'Newcastle' win, but think (hope!) it should be closer than many think.

• Like 1

Don't like guests but accept they are needed. But surely in this case they shouldn't come from a team that's already qualified. If Richie and Fernando don't score well they'll be accused of trying to stop Newcastle qualify ing since we all know from other posts that Newcastle will beat us the next time we race 😉

Don't like guests but accept they are needed. But surely in this case they shouldn't come from a team that's already qualified. If Richie and Fernando don't score well they'll be accused of trying to stop Newcastle qualify ing since we all know from other posts that Newcastle will beat us the next time we race

That is the danger with some guest appearances. It won't happen with Richie, because of his relationship with us and his twin, and Garcia will want to show his previous visit was not a fluke, and also he needs the money. Robbo will ride as a pro, having very strong links with both Redcar and Newcastle.

Edited by Tsunami

That is the danger with some guest appearances. It won't happen with Richie, because of his relationship with us and his twin, and Garcia will want to show his previous visit was not a fluke, and also he needs the money. Robbo will ride as a pro, having very strong links with both Redcar and Newcastle.

Spot on shrewd choice off guest in Coty he is riding very well at the minute just keep him & Richie safe for us please.

• Like 2

Very disappointing night and poor performance with with only 1 win from the guest riders - I had a feeling this was going to happen and as I have already mentioned could well be the thing that stops the team from winning trophies due to absent riders at key times. Time is up for DP I'm afraid as we cannot continue to persevere with a young lad who is clearly not ready for premier league racing currently. Well done on SW and MK for good performances tonight.

Edited by acclennell