British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions V Lakeside Hammers - 28 May Elite 'b' Fixture

Not sure to be honest, just saw his average is 5.05. I think lol

At home he has been very good saying that Lakeside will take some beating at home all year.I see Swiderski at Swindon the other week looked right off the pace but then popped out the start to win a race for me look stronger with Kennett in the line up.But i still think Lakeside will finish outside the top four.

I quite admire Swiderski loyal to England shame he was dropped Kennett this year has been going well though.

Swiderski have averaged 7.4 with bonus points. 6.47 without. Kennet will get about the same.

Is Swiderski averaging about 7.50 at home and 3 plus away.?

Up to an including 21st May Swid had ridden 5 home matches at an average of 8.35, not including BP in 23 rides. Third in the home averages behind AJ and Kim but always riding as a second string.

In 6 away matches his average was 4.67, although his away performances had tailed off in the last couple of matches.

Edward Kennet has been running second in the PL averages so its reasonable that he should be given a chance to show what he can do in the next four matches.

I don't think it's Jon Cook who talks out of his back passage, more likely to be a very bitter and twisted ex-member of the trackstaff at Purfleet whose services were dispensed with. :nono:

If that is the case, I assume he now pays his admission fee and is entitled to voice his opinion?

• Like 1

Surely he should have been riding with Chris Widman not against. I don't know the circumstances for Starke and how late the Lions knew he couldn't ride but you'd think there would be a spare EDR rider that could have been used? The Lakeside reserves weren't exactly the likes of CW. No disrespect to Chris Widman if he was helping out last minute.

More a comment on him riding in a position that was originally set aside to bring on British riders, many of whom have been, and still are around the country, National League level..

I am sure riding twice at reserve against the likes of Chris Widman will be beneficial financially and give his confidence a boost but it is wrong that he gets that chance.

If British Speedway wants to continue with the EDR system then it should be ran as originally set up...

If it doesn't, then scrap it all together, and let teams build up to a strength that allows experienced Danish riders to ride at reserve level as it tactically benefits the team..

At least the crowds (the ones still going anyway) will understand the rationale behind it...

Edited by bornagainlion

If that is the case, I assume he now pays his admission fee and is entitled to voice his opinion?

No, he has apparently not been to the track for about 4 years, nor to a fans forum so he doesn't actually know what Jon Cook tells the fans, and more to the point has never confronted never Jon Cook with his complaints at a forum. If he did he would be better informed.

Of course he does and there have been times when I've agreed with Bal (it is isn't it?) but I think his constant criticism of the Lakeside management has been overstated for long enough now. All this "I tell it like it is" has got up people's noses now. It's probably baloney as well but maybe they got peed off with it and closed the old forum and it's big thanks to you that we now have a replacement

I try and steer clear of the politics - that's why I got out another sport - because the more I know the less I enjoy it and maybe Bal knows too much. There's another guy on the Lakeside forum who comes across (or pretends to) as Victor Meldrew whose views I happen to agree with occasionally but he prods and doesn't bash . :cheers:

Edited by jim3751