British Speedway Forum

If The Elite League Goes Down To 7 Teams In Mid Season, Would It Be Able To Carry On Running?

Two years ago, Birmingham dropped out, but there were 10 teams back then and the league withstood it.

If a team has to drop out this year, would the league be a viable proposition with only 7 left? Would Sky invoke their "get out clause?".

would it be a loss if sky pulled out? it would for the people who like their weekly dose, but it does nothing for the weekly track the cameras turn up to, even poole couldnt get the crowd to turn out

wouldn't it make speedway look better to outsiders if they just film the big games, like world cup, gps, play offs?

would it be a loss if sky pulled out? it would for the people who like their weekly dose, but it does nothing for the weekly track the cameras turn up to, even poole couldnt get the crowd to turn out

wouldn't it make speedway look better to outsiders if they just film the big games, like world cup, gps, play offs?

The promoters rely on the money don't they so yes ....

Do sky advertise speedway at any other times except when a meeting is on? I never see it advertised during a footie, rugger, cricket, or any other sport....? You don't see it advertised on any of sky's other non-sport channels like the Premier League footie/cricket gets..

I will stand corrected if they do, but I cannot remember any, except maybe Cardiff? Even that may have been multiple season ago....

• Like 1

Sky apparently offered tai a mega deal to ride in Britain and to use him to profile British speedway but he turned it down so I guess sky didn't come up with plan B to promote the sport.

I've heard this mentioned before along with BSPA supposedly offering some sort of deal.

Just all hot air unless it's confirmed.

I've heard this mentioned before along with BSPA supposedly offering some sort of deal.

Just all hot air unless it's confirmed.

It was made official somewhere that sky offered tai a super deal to be the figure head of British speedway on sky & that didn't include any deals he would also get from the British club he raced for here.

I am not sure of the Bspa deal

Do sky advertise speedway at any other times except when a meeting is on? I never see it advertised during a footie, rugger, cricket, or any other sport....? You don't see it advertised on any of sky's other non-sport channels like the Premier League footie/cricket gets..

I will stand corrected if they do, but I cannot remember any, except maybe Cardiff? Even that may have been multiple season ago....

Yes they do, occasionally on the Sky sports adverts.

Sky apparently offered tai a mega deal to ride in Britain and to use him to profile British speedway but he turned it down so I guess sky didn't come up with plan B to promote the sport.

This thread has eff all to do with Tai so please can you just shut up for once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

It was made official somewhere that sky offered tai a super deal to be the figure head of British speedway on sky & that didn't include any deals he would also get from the British club he raced for here.

I am not sure of the Bspa deal

If someone has a link because it's not one that I have read.

Without an official link confirming then it remains and stays as gossip or assumption.

• Like 3