British Speedway Forum

Somerset V Glasgow Pl May 13th 2016 @ 19-30

time for Richard to have a decent haircut , tidy himself up , gone lazy in the personal hygiene stakes . nice clean shaven guy . needs to look at himself in the mirror and say , just where has that nice guy gone ! .. off good stock , so its time to return to the clean happy guy and regain that loving feeling and not pretend to be a dropout . sorry Richard ..

Not all good riders have decent haircuts , have you looked at Kenneth Hansen lately?

Crikey...I've heard it all now...people complaining about haircuts.

I can remember the late 70's when hard men, who were old enough to know better were having perms done.

Even the likes of Nigel Boocock and Phil Crump...the parade at Eastville often looked like my cat had thrown up a bunch of fur balls...

• Like 4

Confused....Somerset riding "badly". One defeat all season so far.

Opps. Meant Glasgow!

First major challenge on the road and ........ At least we seemed competitive until the last third. Its all very well thumping teams at home on a ploughed furrow but the measure of genuine title contenders is how they perform away from home. Both matches have seen the home side afford their second strings ht15 outings which is telling. Hard matches for Glasgow where we were least likely to get any points but a reality check that they need to do more than just turn up to be competitive.

It's just so suprising to me, I'd have not been shocked had Glasgow gone all season getting a point in every meeting. I just assumed that top 4 would be good for 35 everywhere, meaning the bottom 3 only needed to score a few each meeting. I'm sure they'll come good.

Sometset proving a few wrong.... Including me :)

And me!

As for Ben Barker. 1 point is terrible but nobody will know that more than he will. One of the reasons I like Ben so much is he HATES to lose and you never need to question his commitment and effort.

Yes on reflection you're right ! It's one of the things missing from the sport, a bit of theatre, a bit of villainy, and opposing fan banter !! Perhaps it has been so long in absence that I had forgotten how things used to be. Good analysis boys, I stand corrected but as Jenga said get your haircut Lawson and tidy your act up, as Captain, you should lead by example !!!

He is not captain of Glasgow, Aaron is captain

Another bigman taking a cheapshot at Richard for having long hair. I guess your bald too so that means jealousy is eating you alive. Jenga=little boring plank of wood, poor hygiene? I bet he smells better than your jobby breath.

Reality check

Possibly , but Somerset is never the easiest place to go to and once again they are a very strong side .

We started really strongly , but Somerset have a knack of getting better as a meeting progresses , and so it again proved .

But I wasn't too despondent , the racing was very good , especially Paul Starke in heat 15 . He richly deserved his man of the match award in the bar afterwards . One note of caution though for Mr Starke , when we were down last season , Leigh Lanham won that award haha .

Anyway the result was the only downside of my visit , we stayed at the Crossways inn in West Huntspill , and the beer in there is brilliant . Agree about the Bristol Bridge pub , that place is getting very run down and think it's on it's last legs , decent pint of Bombadier in it though .

Nice to see the Newport contingent there , Dai Lager and Tanya , and Pirate Nick introduced me to BSF royalty , nice to meet you Mr Shovlar .

Possibly , but Somerset is never the easiest place to go to and once again they are a very strong side .

We started really strongly , but Somerset have a knack of getting better as a meeting progresses , and so it again proved .

But I wasn't too despondent , the racing was very good , especially Paul Starke in heat 15 . He richly deserved his man of the match award in the bar afterwards . One note of caution though for Mr Starke , when we were down last season , Leigh Lanham won that award haha .

Anyway the result was the only downside of my visit , we stayed at the Crossways inn in West Huntspill , and the beer in there is brilliant . Agree about the Bristol Bridge pub , that place is getting very run down and think it's on it's last legs , decent pint of Bombadier in it though .

Nice to see the Newport contingent there , Dai Lager and Tanya , and Pirate Nick introduced me to BSF royalty , nice to meet you Mr Shovlar .

Don't think there is any worry about Starkey goings the same way that Leigh Lanham did. Lanham did a job last year but Starke is riding like a proper heat leader at the moment home and away.

On another note, crossways is a fantastic pub! Cracking carvery too, think it won South West pub of the year or something like that?

Don't think there is any worry about Starkey goings the same way that Leigh Lanham did. Lanham did a job last year but Starke is riding like a proper heat leader at the moment home and away.

On another note, crossways is a fantastic pub! Cracking carvery too, think it won South West pub of the year or something like that?

Agreed about Starke , he was very good at Glasgow yesterday too . He's improved an awful lot .

There was a cracking band on in the Crossways when we got back after the meeting , that's twice we've stayed there now and will return there next time .

Agreed about Starke , he was very good at Glasgow yesterday too . He's improved an awful lot .

There was a cracking band on in the Crossways when we got back after the meeting , that's twice we've stayed there now and will return there next time .

Had a cracking meal in there with the family once and my daughter commented "Why can't this place be my local"? Too right.

Another good meeting for Paul at Wolves last night albeit for a poor Leicester side. Long may it continue.

Edited by Willowman