British Speedway Forum

Lakeside "squad System"

Season over for AJ due to broken collarbone and ribs. Sad news. Great rider.

I agree. Great rider on track and really nice guy off track. . One of the best. Hope he makes good recovery. He has already had a fair bit of damage to the collar bone area in the past and there is only so much the muscles around there can take. I hope we haven't seen the last of him in the EL. Love to see him back at Lakeside next year.

Looks it could be the final straw for his GP career , and the end of Lakeside's chances of making the play offs.

• Like 1

Gutted for AJ it looked a really bad crash and nothing he could do at all, just looked like Greg wiped him out. Hopefully it's nothing to serious as when I heard he was taken away with neck brace on I did fear the worst. Can Lakeside sign a replacement or is it a guest only?

If it is only his collarbone then although he is out for the season i am sure he will be back, he isn't the sort of character to duck a challenge.Always been fan of his and a very brave rider which is fantastic from a fan's viewpoint but maybe not so good from an injury point of view but when i hear he had pain in his back i though of Darcy so in view of what it could have been, a broken collar bone isn't too bad.

Covering for AJ is not going to be easy - a major headache for Jon Cook. If Swindon get the point they need at Belle Vue, it would certainly take the pressure off the Hammers vis-à-vis the meeting on 16th.

• Like 1

Gutted for AJ it looked a really bad crash and nothing he could do at all, just looked like Greg wiped him out. Hopefully it's nothing to serious as when I heard he was taken away with neck brace on I did fear the worst. Can Lakeside sign a replacement or is it a guest only?

I think they can sign a replacement but the problem is who are you going to get for perhaps one meeting? Even a good rider needs time to get used to the track, and they are hardly queuing up to ride in GB anyway. Might have to finish up having to vgo with r/r.

The old Lakeside injury curse strikes again. I can't remember a season under the present promotion when they didn't lose key riders due to injury, all of them injured riding somewhere else. Very frustrating.

For match v Swindon it must be guest or R/R. But every EL rider is eligible to guest except for Jason Doyle (but as Swindon are the opposition even in speedway that is just too unlikely.)

If Lakeside then reach the playoffs they could use the "seven day injury replacement window" and sign a rider, not currently riding in the UK. e.g. Sayfutdinov or Dudek. But more likely they will just carry in using Iversen as a guest.

Broken collarbone, ribs and thumb, battered and bruised and out for the season as per club's and speedwayGB websites.

Would Jarek Hampel fancy it ?? still 4 GP's left and tPoland and Sweden season already over for him so would appreciate the track time

It's more a question of whether he would be worth it. He has not ridden in this country since the new silencers were introduced and they take a lot of getting used to and setting up on tracks like Lakeside. He would probably be a lot of money and it would be a big, big gamble.

I woukd say NKI as a guest would be the best bet, if he would be prepared to do it and if available.

It's more a question of whether he would be worth it. He has not ridden in this country since the new silencers were introduced and they take a lot of getting used to and setting up on tracks like Lakeside. He would probably be a lot of money and it would be a big, big gamble.

I woukd say NKI as a guest would be the best bet, if he would be prepared to do it and if available.

you could use Iversen for the last home meeting but if you make the play offs it would have to be maybe KK or someone else for away meetings. I think you can have anyone away except Doyle and Iversen.

Why can't it be Iversen for away meetings?

His average is slightly too high.At home you are allowed an extra 5% on top of the riders average who is being replaced.If you get into the play offs and a new set of averages are released,you may be able to get Iversen for away matches,as i'm sure his average will drop again.He's had a poor end to the season.

Edited by tellboy

His average is slightly too high.At home you are allowed an extra 5% on top of the riders average who is being replaced.If you get into the play offs and a new set of averages are released,you may be able to get Iversen for away matches,as i'm sure his average will drop again.He's had a poor end to the season.

That is a good point but getting in the play offs is still very much up for grabs, obviously helps Swindon with AJ being out.

Cheers mate