British Speedway Forum

Craig Cook Signs For Peterboro' In Prem League (double Downer)

So fans are heartily hissed off with double up/down clashes. The BSPA have finally realised this so are trying to stop a bad situation getting worse. So issue a press release that details the REAL reason.'Craig would miss 3 Peterborough home meetings plus 5 away meetings and that is a situation we couldn't allow to happen. He is welcome to ride in the Premier league but it's the BSPA's responsibility to deal with issues that have angered supporters'. Easy isn't it, full and transparent explanation, no BS, no hiding behind false reasons, job done. Some folks may not agree with them but there you go. What is their problem?

Exactly that! Not some bullrubbish about race nights!

most sportsmen need to earn money, but will never be convinced by d/u, detest its introduction to a "team sport"

Couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous.

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

BSPA MC are bang on the money with stopping the move IMO.

He's an EL heatleader.

EL heatleaders do not belong in the lower league.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO. Edited by Steve Shovlar

Steve if you think it's easy money in the PL I suggest you take a listen to the Home Straight podcast and hear what Olly Allen and Simon Stead said.

Its easy money for EL heat leafers. Or should be. They should average over ten.

I believe that any EL heat leader should be nowhere near the PL.

However now the MC have given their clear reason it shows that the reason was clash of racenight and nothing more than that. A lot on here should be apologising the the MC for thier wayward remarks.

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

Adam Ellis is riding NL and he's a EL heat leader, but i dont hear you complaining about that!

• Like 4

Its easy money for EL heat leafers. Or should be. They should average over ten.

I believe that any EL heat leader should be nowhere near the PL.

However now the MC have given their clear reason it shows that the reason was clash of racenight and nothing more than that. A lot on here should be apologising the the MC for thier wayward remarks.

As I said listen to what riders say not what any fan thinks or believes.

Adam Ellis is riding NL and he's a EL heat leader, but i dont hear you complaining about that!

Excellent point, money obviously much harder to earn in the lowest league.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

Danny King ? EL Heat leader.

• Like 1

I commented earlier that it was stupid that Cook's move to Peterborough had been blocked - I didn't realise that both BV and Peterborough race on a Friday night! So it isn't as stupid as I initially thought and I was wrong!

• Like 4

As I said listen to what riders say not what any fan thinks or believes.

Excellent point, money obviously much harder to earn in the lowest league.

Spoke to Adam about this exact point on Wednesday. The NL is Good for testing setups and new gear. Not bothered about PL as has more than enough racing with Poole, Eastbourne plus continental bookings.

Spoke to Adam about this exact point on Wednesday. The NL is Good for testing setups and new gear. Not bothered about PL as has more than enough racing with Poole, Eastbourne plus continental bookings.

So he is stopping a youngster from progressing into NL to do some testing.

The fact you and the BSPA think that's acceptable just about sums up the sport in this country

• Like 1

Which EL and /or PL team did you ride for then as you obviously know more than Allen and Stead

What a ridiculous comment.

It is harder to score pts as an Elite League heat leader than as a Premier League.

It doesn't matter what Oliver Allen or Simon Stead have to say about it.

Both of them found it far, far easier to score pts in the Premier League than the Elite League.

The only caveat to that would be riding as a second string in the current Elite League format... but that doesn't last for long if you score well.

So he is stopping a youngster from progressing into NL to do some testing.

The fact you and the BSPA think that's acceptable just about sums up the sport in this country

The fact that he's replacing one of two injured riders for Eastbourne, and today Mildenhall are appealing for riders as they've also ben hit by injuries. Where are all these youngsters that he's allegedly blocking ?

• Like 1