British Speedway Forum

Coventry Vs Buxton 29th April

crazysue

Desperately urgent! Our texter has had to pull out of texting tonight due to unforeseen circumstances. Is there anyone who would be able to text updates to the Updates site, if so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Care to explain how??? Buxton winning away..Bit of a shock and there seems to be little interest on this thread ?

Edited by waco

the result certainly caught my eye as the eagles are their next adversaries , boy will they have their tails up for sunday.

I think our top 4 will be too good for theirs and hopefully Austen is better than our regulars although Phillips had gated on Saturday so could have shown promise.

I think our top 4 will be too good for theirs and hopefully Austen is better than our regulars although Phillips had gated on Saturday so could have shown promise.

was going to make the trip but there's a lot of showers forecast on top of whatever rain/sleet/snow they have had so will decide tomorrow morning , loved it there last season but spiller's crash was a shocker. hopefully everyone will stay safe this time. i think ben will be on fire even though he doesn't seem to be holding any grudge.

Buxton team manager hold your head in shame, this is the NL not the EL, we're was the fans last night, there were no more than 60 yes 60 there, is that an all time low for an official league match in the UK

Explain, please. People are throwing accusations around, but without any evidence.

Buxton team manager hold your head in shame, this is the NL not the EL, we're was the fans last night, there were no more than 60 yes 60 there, is that an all time low for an official league match in the UK

I didn't even know it was the away team manager's responsibility to bring the crowd. Is this a new rule??

• Like 3

According to review on Bspa website Buxton protested about Carr's equipment before heat 15. Then he had to go off 15 metres because he missed 2 mins proving it was legal. Well that is the Coventry version of events.

Scorecard has note that Cof C informed ref that he did not have chain guard on. So ref stopped heat. Therefore adjudged he was not ready so failed 2 minutes.

Edited by Anzum

According to review on Bspa website Buxton protested about Carr's equipment before heat 15. Then he had to go off 15 metres because he missed 2 mins proving it was legal. Well that is the Coventry version of events.

Scorecard has note that Cof C informed ref that he did not have chain guard on. So ref stopped heat. Therefore adjudged he was not ready so failed 2 minutes.

So it wasn't cheating it was just the fact he had a fault with his bike and some Coventry fans see that as cheating because he forgot to fix it. That is just an example of how not obeying the rules can penalise you.

I don't think hopwood will be on fire. And if there's any correlation Johnson packed up during the meeting against Eastbourne last year while scoring low maybe hopwood will to!

I don't understand why the Buxton team manager should be held responsible for this, surely Carr should be responsible for coming out on a bike with no chain guard, this is a safety item, therefore the bike could be deemed unsafe. You can't ignore rules just because it's NL and not EL.

• Like 3

I notice no-one is accusing a manager of using a rider who appears hell bent on lowering his average to make him more attractive to another team?

I hadn't noticed that Liam didn't have his chainguard attached, but you can bet his crew were aware of it.

The real fault is the track layout at Coventry which requires a rider to return to the pits via The Wrekin thus making it impossible for him to get back into the pits for a quick repair and stay under the two minutes. This forces mechanics to run down the dog track to the first available gate.

I notice no-one is accusing a manager of using a rider who appears hell bent on lowering his average to make him more attractive to another team?

I hadn't noticed that Liam didn't have his chainguard attached, but you can bet his crew were aware of it.

The real fault is the track layout at Coventry which requires a rider to return to the pits via The Wrekin thus making it impossible for him to get back into the pits for a quick repair and stay under the two minutes. This forces mechanics to run down the dog track to the first available gate.

Track layout is not going to be a problem in a few months ,