British Speedway Forum

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 28th April 2016

Can't decide whether to attend this one, weather looks shocking and looks to hit around start time and continue for the rest of the night, looks a wasted journey in my opinion but I'll make a late call. Hope it does go ahead mind you.

The forecast for later today is not good. It's going to be one of those "will it, won't it" days. It's currently bright and sunny with rain due around 4.00pm-5.00pm, and when it arrives it due to last until well after 8.00pm. I'm guessing it could be a late rain-off, depending on how much rain falls in that time. I hate these "will it, won't it" days.

Thank you Steve for pointing out the article on one of my own websites! :oops::oops::oops:

Looking forward to the trip to Redcar tonight weather permitting

Thank you Steve for pointing out the article on one of my own websites! :oops::oops::oops:

Looking forward to the trip to Redcar tonight weather permitting

I actually forgot that the website was one of yours! :D

Meanwhile, looking at the forecast, it doesn't look too hopeful for tonight. Let's hope that Redcar don't do their usual and call it off after everyone (fans and riders) have travelled to get to the track.

Edit: Forget that last bit. Well done Redcar for using a bit of common sense.

Edited by Steve Park

Confirmed by George REDCAR IS OFF.

Ahh, well I missed quite a lot of the meetings last year, during the summer time as I was back in Finland with my family, I would probably stay if it looked good I will stop behind on Sunday

Stay behind on Sunday after the main meeting. We have all local riders and last year there was more people staying behind after the meeting to support the kids. They weren't disappointed and I regularly was stopped and told from other fans that they were pleased to see the kids developing. Last year we were bottom of the league, but we appeared in some cracking meetings both home and away. This year a lot of the other teams riders have moved on to bigger things, whilst we have retained the 5 riders we had all last year with a return to his home track by Jack Flash Wright. With backup from Gavin and eventually Dean, we will win meetings this year and give good entertainment with even more track time.

If you want come and see me on Sunday.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1